• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Nochex APC Payment Module

ldavies83

This forum will be for any support questions concerning the Nochex APC Payment Module.

This does exactly as is says on the tin, allows the APC system to be used on OSc systems which means no more lost orders because that customer didnt click "Continue" on the final "Checkout success" page along with Authorised/Declined status's all logged into a separate table.

Original code taken from pablo_pasqualino's Paypal IPN Payment Module and butchered/hacked/generally tidied up to work with Nochex.

If you subscribe to this forum, I will announce release.

Thanks,

Ldavies83

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Leigh,

This contribution will be exactly what many NOCHEX users are looking for. I haven't setup my site yet because the only thing I had not decided upon was the payment gateway to use. Nochex was my preferred method but the only issue I found with it was the fact there was no APC.

This contibution will be great!

Please include me in the mailing list.

Thanks in advance,

Nagsy

Right, the contrib has been officially released and is available for download via http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2280

Drop me a line if this contrib was helpful as this is only my second :)

P.s. I've tested installation on 2.2 MS2 and CRE Loaded 6.0.42

• 2 weeks later...

Ldavies83,

Thanks for this contribution. It was just in time for my new website. While testing, I found that confirmation emails are getting sent out when the user is transferred to the Nochex site. This should happen once the user has made the payment. Also, there is an issue with the order status and stock update. I am doing more testing and will let you know if i find any new issues.

Thanks so much for your wonderful contribution :D

Cheers

Ram

• 2 weeks later...

hi Sukjits,

In PHPMyadmin on my machine I would click the database on the right handside, then click the "SQL" tab on the left hand side copy and paste the code into the text box and click Ok.

Hope it helps,

L.

Hey RAM, I'm unable to find this condition, Could you give me some more info, from what I can see the system marks the order as "Nochex Processing" with no email sent out, then when the APC module gets called on by nochex, it updates the status to "Nochex Accepted" and sends out the order confirmation email.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have got the code up nad running but i am getting lots and lots of errors when i modify text could you tell me how I implement text files and where each of them goes it is giving me a massive headache because the txt files dont state where i put the text in languages etc

Right, back up a minute, are you talking about the english.php language file that you need to edit? or are you talking about the individual language files? The compressed file contains all the paths for the new files.

Keep me in the loop here,

L.

hi ldavies,

Sorry, I was wrong. :( I didn't realize that I made some code changes on top of yours which were sending the email out earlier. I have since moved the code elsewhere and it is working fine. Every order has 2 status - nochex processing and nochex authorised (in my case) which is weird but something I can live with, atleast for now. The stock update is happening as expected. All in all, good work mate. Thanks !! :D

by the way, your code for debug email is great ! :) I used it a lot to debug the bespoke code i wrote

Cheers

Ram

Every order has 2 status - nochex processing and nochex authorised (in my case) which is weird but something I can live with, atleast for now.

I know what you mean, but I think that can be changed by editing the code highlighted below. In the file checkout_nochex.php do a search for:

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';

if you change the 'true' to a 'false' that should stop the first email being generated (ie, 'NOCHEX Processing') but WILL log it into the admin notes log. I've not tested this, but I see no reason why it should, let me know if it works

by the way, your code for debug email is great !  I used it a lot to debug the bespoke code i wrote

Glad it helped, as I found it really annoying to find where the code was breaking!

Cheers, L.

Hey guys,

This module is great idea however I am having trouble installing it.

I have processed the SQL file, but now I am stuck, what do I do with the filename.txt files?

Many thanks,

Andy

Hi benham, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, Bank holiday weekend meant I wasnt around. Right, the filename.txt files means that that particular file (filenames.txt for example) already exists in the default installation of OSc, you need to open the original file and open the txt file and follow the instructions for adding the relevant code from the .txt file to the php file IE.

filenames.txt has the following code:

define('FILENAME_NOCHEXAPC_TRANSACTIONS', 'nochex_txn.php'); // NOCHEXAPC

define('FILENAME_NOCHEXAPC_TESTS', 'nochex_tests.php'); // NOCHEXPAC

Which means add these 2 lines of code to the file filenames.php

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

L.

Leigh,

Something that I noticed. The amount field in nochexapc_transactions table is decimal(15,0). Perfectly ok if your amounts do not have decimals but you may want to change it to decimal(15,2) to take care of decimal prices ( All my prices have 2 decimals :D ). I sold something for 3.95 and it was getting displayed as 3 ( no decimals) which was a bit worrying.

Cheers

Ram

Thanks for that I will take into account and pop it into a new release of the APC Contrib. But for existing installations you will need to run the following statement on your SQL server:

ALTER TABLE `nochexapc_transactions` CHANGE `amount` `amount` DECIMAL(15,2)  DEFAULT "0";

New contrib has also been posted on the contributions page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2280

• 2 weeks later...

I keep losing sales with people not completing the nochex transactions, and this contribution sounds exactly what I'm looking for - but I can't make it work.

I want to log the order before the customer is sent to Nochex, in case they never complete.

I get repeated emails - NOCHEX VALIDITY RESPONSE _ NO RESPONSE

:(

and instead of being redirected to the nochex server when I confirm the order, I get sent to checkout_nochex.php with a blank screen, only the main shop header shows.

Does it require a valid SSL certificate ?

help !

Still no joy with the nochex APC. I double checked my install and it all looks ok.

I've got an SSL cert and now that works ok, and the non APC nochex contrib works ok, but.....

I still cannot get the APC version to work at all. With debug mode on, if I send a test APC from nochex I get the debug code mail :

Opening connection

Raw Response from Nochex:

Checking Response

Result: Now checking order and updating as necessary

Completed APC notify script!

I also get a mail from HTTPD with the no response message.

I dont get sent to the nochex payment screen, just a blank shop screen.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions :'(

Still no joy with the nochex APC. I double checked my install and it all looks ok.

I've got an SSL cert and now that works ok, and the non APC nochex contrib works ok, but.....

I still cannot get the APC version to work at all. With debug mode on, if I send a test APC from nochex I get the debug code mail :

I also get a mail from HTTPD with the no response message.

I dont get sent to the nochex payment screen, just a blank shop screen.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions :'(

What happens when you drop into test mode? Same symptoms? What version OSc have you got installed?

Cheers,

L.

Will this contribution work with 2.2CVS?

Are there any amendments (other than the SQL ones) that need to be made?

I'm Not sure, I've not tested it, however I would say no unless anyone else has tried.

Please help me. I had installed the apc, and it was working fine until I accidentally clicked "delete" on the normal (non apc) nochex in the admin payment modules. Now neither of them are showing up after checkout even though I have installed the module again, and re-uploaded my ENTIRE website. It's just not there any more and I don't know why.

This is going to cripple my shop because my only other payment option is check, and I doubt anyone is going to want to send me a check.

I'm having a problem with the INSTALL file.

....IMPORTANT

1: Make sure you set up correctly the apcresponder url parameter in the Payment Module. This is done from your osCommerce Admin->Modules->Payment->Nochex APC->APC Responder Module Address By default it is prefilled with the "guessed" location of the paypal_notify.php file, but you have to make sure of that....

I have no "Nochex APC" in Modules -> Payment in the admin section.

Also, the file admin/includes/filenames.txt refers to a file "nochex_tests.php" which isn't referenced in the install file, nor is it anywhere in the zip file.

Help please.

I've also tried removing and then installing the modules through the payment modules section of the admin panel, and that's not fixed my problem either.

I just do not understand what has gone wrong, and why it's not showing up after I re-uploaded the entire website (that had all the modified nochex apc updates as well).