• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Importing an old catalogue

I was just wondering....

My site has been running on a CSV version of OSC that's over a year old. I've got over 100 products in an sql dump, and I reaaaaaly don't want to add them all manually again, lol (especially as they all have extra options as well)

If I import my year-old sql dump over the top of a fresh install of 2.2-MS2, is it going to overwrite new and improved features, or screw things up a lot?

Or... can I just edit the txt file and keep only the catalogue and product bits?

Thanks in advance :)

I was just wondering....

My site has been running on a CSV version of OSC that's over a year old. I've got over 100 products in an sql dump, and I reaaaaaly don't want to add them all manually again, lol (especially as they all have extra options as well)

If I import my year-old sql dump over the top of a fresh install of 2.2-MS2, is it going to overwrite new and improved features, or screw things up a lot?

Or... can I just edit the txt file and keep only the catalogue and product bits?

Thanks in advance :)

If you have phpmyadmin all you need to do is export the data from 5 tables:

categories, categories descriptions, products, products descriptions and products to categories.

Once you have the export info you can run it to your new database and you should be good to go.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived