• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Breadcrumb Arrows

airolg

Okay, I want to change my design a bit. I want to put the breadcrumb arrows >>

to the right before each of my categories and then remove the border between them.

I've looked at my stylesheet.css file and I see nothing that relates to these items and have figured out how to change the color and size of the heading boxes so I'm getting better.

I've looked in the infobox php files (categories.php and others) and I tried to find the breadcrumbs place to duplicate that somehow, but that was like looking for a needle in a haystack. :D

Where would I look now? All suggestions are welcomed.

You need to explain yourself a lot bettter as you start talking about breadcrumb arrows then talk about categories then breadcrumbs, you also mention heading boxes :blink:

do you mean that you wish to have >> in the infobox headers <_< so as to give >> Categories

>> Shopping Cart

>> Information

or

do you mean that you wish to have >> before each category in the categories box <_< so as to have

>> Hardware

>> Software

>> DVD Movies

or something different :huh:

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I really want both--now.

I don't like the lines in between each category and I thought I'd like the >> better than an actual arrow image to set them apart. (or are they just images?)

Now that you've mentioned it, I think the design would look better if they all matched so now I want each infobox to have the arrows as well as for each category.

Sorry to be so unclear.

I did find a bullet and category line contribution so I'm thinking it's possible to do. I downloaded it and I see there's an <hr> tag so I'll see if I can find that in my categories.php file. I can do a trial and error to see how much code I have to remove.

No sure about the >> for the headerboxes yet, but I'm looking around.

The HTML code for those small arrows is » (right angle quote)

To place them before the word Categories in the Categories Infobox, change the following lines 72/73 in catalog/includes/languages/english.php from

// categories box text in includes/boxes/categories.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Categories');

to

// categories box text in includes/boxes/categories.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', '» Categories');

Here are a couple of other items that may help you.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...Box+Enhancement

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...t;>Categorie

Thank you so much for the quotes HTML, that helps a ton. Now, if it were just clickable. :D

I'll check out that contribution and forum discussion as well. Maybe that will help me get the arrows before each category and not just the header.

I guess I should change all of the headers for consistency.

I appreciate your time and help. Thanks so much.

Archived