• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customising Colours

SaintSid

I am looking at how to customise OS Commerce so the theme/background etc... can be modified to my own colour but am finding it quite difficult to understand how to do this. Is there a simple way to do this as I am not very technical. I am also looking at how to modify the menu so it drops down on each category instead of the default menu system that OS Commerce uses.

If you could please provide any help or guide me through this I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Saint_Sid :D

go to www.wiki.oscommerce.com...search for "stylesheet" or "catdocsstyle"...either one should bring up a page explaining the catalog/stylesheet.css folder, which is where you cahnge all the colors...you'll also need all the hex numbers (6 numbers ex. #000000--< calls black color) for the colors you want to use, so just search google for HTML color codes...

Patrick Bailey

www.DisplayHaven.com

just another quickie ... a number of os commerce sites i have visited have changes there menus, to ones where you select the menu category and it automatically expands out the sub-categories.. could you please help with this ... as i am learning as i go

yeah, those are contributions...the top right of this page has a "contributions" link where you can look for upgrades to the stock osc download...that particular one is a category box contribution. There are tons of contributions to choose from..some a little more difficult to load than others...make sure you back up your files before you do any changes so you dont lose your site if it doesn't work...

Patrick Bailey

www.DisplayHaven.com

Archived