• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Strange error on Step 7 of the install

robster

Hi all,

This worked fine on my mac at home, but when I installed it on a RH Linux server (my paid host) it bailed on me.

It went through fine until it got to step 5 (which was a repeat of what my database username/pw was etc), then it missed step 6 and on step 7 it said:

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(/home/anim/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(/home/anim/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

I then click on Catalog or Administration links and both of them are broken with this error:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/anim/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 13

Any help would be appreciated :)

I really can't wait to get my live site running and show you all (and my customers :)).

Rob

That usually means the config files didn't get set.

Since you have some experience just set them by hand or go back, set the permissions on both files to 777 and run the installer again.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

I was just asked what I did to fix this.

My host gives me shell access, so I went into the shell (command line) on the server and did some commands:

go to includes folder

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

go to admin includes folder

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

Hope that helps, it all worked after that :)

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Archived