• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Permission to upload files

charlotte

Hello!

I get this message when I for the firts time was going to upload a file from the File Manager.

Where do I set the permisson?

?Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/d8737/vackrasmycken.se/catalog//includes/header.php

?Error: I can not write to this directory. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/d8737/vackrasmycken.se/catalog//includes/languages/svenska

thanks ....

charlotte :(

Your best bet would be to use a FTP program. Navigate to the foler in question and then change the permissions using the methods provided by the particular FTP program. Most of them let you right click a file or folder on the server and choose properties. In the resulting window, it will have the permissions.

If it refuses to let you change the permissions doing that, you will need to contact your web host.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

Ok, thank you for reply.

The permission is already set and ok if use my ftp program but when I use Admin File manager I get this reply:

I get Error: I can not write to this directory. Please set the right user permissions on:....etc

Charlotte

Archived