• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oh No! What now!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm still a little new at all of this php and mysql so here's hoping that someone can help me out with this one!

The shop was working fine all well and good this morning leave to get the groceries and when I get back I get the following message trying to get into the shop again.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home2/princess/public_html/buy/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

If anyone has some idea on this one it would be tremendously appreciated!!

Cheers,

Em

This happens on my site occassionally. My ISP use to limit the number of hits to the database at 36,000 on an hourly bases. They double it to 72,000. This may seem like alot but you would be surprised how many times scripts hit the database. When the limit is exceeded, a messages pops up that there are too many connections. The error disappears at the start of the next hour.

Hi Acheron,

Thankyou so much, I was looking into to upgrading hosting so looks like it has become a necessity!

I have found one of the best things about osC has got to be the support from everyone! Thank you once again to everyone for such a fantastic development!

Em

Archived