• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Estimator for products for rental company

Jaguar

Is there a contribution that comes close or has anyone done this before:

I am building a site for a product rental company and I am trying to build a project estimator. Essentially it will list all of the products by category and allow the person to choose the quantity in an online form that will automatically calculate/recalculate price based on the choosen options in the estimate.

For example - Party rental

type -> Wedding

Guests - > 800

The estimator shows the options

Chairs

( guest choose 800 red chairs)

Tables

(guest chooses 20 tables)

Tablecloths

guest chooses 20 )

Centerpieces

( guest chooses 20)

Total Estimate per week $400

Total Estimate per month $700

Once confirmed the estimate would be saved to be ordered or modified for furture reference.

I have checked the contributions and searched but there seems to be nothing that address this specifically. Perhaps there is a contribution that comes close?

Any help/code is appreciated

Loren

The great thing about beating your head against the wall is that it feels SO GOOD when you stop!

• 5 weeks later...
Is there a contribution that comes close or has anyone done this before:

I am building a site for a product rental company and I am trying to build a project estimator.  Essentially it will list all of the products by category and allow the person to choose the quantity in an online form that will automatically calculate/recalculate price based on the choosen options in the estimate.

For example - Party rental

type -> Wedding

Guests - > 800

The estimator shows the options

Chairs

( guest choose 800 red chairs)

Tables

(guest chooses 20 tables)

Tablecloths

guest chooses 20 )

Centerpieces

( guest chooses 20)

Total Estimate per week $400     

Total Estimate per month $700

Once confirmed the estimate would be saved to be ordered or modified for furture reference.

I have checked the contributions and searched but there seems to be nothing that address this specifically. Perhaps there is a contribution that comes close?

Any help/code is appreciated

I have custom designed movie rental site built with CRE. It's dvdmoviestogo.com.

The site supports checkout on the front end and back end, has a very detailed reporting system, and even has a customer points award program.

Take a look at it and let me know if the software interests you.

dvdmoviestogo.com

my e-mail is [email protected]

Archived