• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing order number ?

HStrading

Dear Sirs,

Is it possible to chance the order number that OSCommerce writes on order confirmations ?

I would like OSCommerce to start from order number 10.000 instead of starting from order number 1

- How do i chance that ?

do yo have access to phpmyadmin or something simlar?

Yes i do - can i enter a simple command here ?

.. ( and what does that command look like .. )

Thx for all your help

Is someone able to tell me how to do this, please ?

I have been looking in phpmyadmin, but i cannot seem to find out which field to alter ?

it may do you well to try to look at the database and understand what it is you are really wanting to do. you are wanting to change an order id #. thus, when looking in your database you see lots of tables, one being named orders. open the orders table and then you will see the order number there (the field is very well defined). if you need to know how to use phpmyadmin then i suggest you go to the phpmyadmin site and look through the documentation and tutorial.

it may do you well to try to look at the database and understand what it is you are really wanting to do. you are wanting to change an order id #. thus, when looking in your database you see lots of tables, one being named orders. open the orders table and then you will see the order number there (the field is very well defined). if you need to know how to use phpmyadmin then i suggest you go to the phpmyadmin site and look through the documentation and tutorial.

I have been looking around the database, in the Orders table and found a field called orders_id - i assume this is the correct place ?

now what do i alter, to make my order numbers start from e.g. 10.000 ?

Archived