• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSComeerce possibilities

johnie

Hi.

I want to use OSC for a big project and i have some questions regarding basic functionality i want it to have.

I want to have different domain names displaying different products. For example using domain A shows products / categories 1,2,3,6,9, ... and using domain B shows 1,3,5,10, ...

A number of domains will be used as parked domains for a single installation. Therefore prior to do anything i will be checking for the domain name that is used. Imagine having a site selling electronics. Using sony.com will display the sony's products only and using dell.com will display dell's products.

Is this possible through modifications i can make in the code?

Can i also have a slightly different template for each domain? Different logo and a different CSS for colors.

I guess any extra functionality i want it to have during checkout phase, can be added easily.

Thanks,

John

anything is possible with programming

however there is nothing currently written that I know of that will do this. so you would either have to write it yourself, pay a programmer, or try and find someone to do it for free, but since that will be a BIG BIG job I doubt anyone will do it for free...

there is however a Muti-Stores mod, that uses the same Admin, but differant Catalog Dir

example:

sony.com /sony/

dell.com /dell/

then you can configure your web server in such a away the customer never knows they are in the subdir of the main account, all they will see is sony.com/

that is probally your best best, and cheapest route,

Archived