• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hi,

I recently carried out a mod where I have set up a supplier (duplicate of another) who ships out items foc, so in the suppliers details I use the 2nd telephone number to enter something like "Free shipping on this product", this statement then appears on any product its linked to.

Most of the info is on this thread somewhere.

Is that the sort of thing your looking for?

Steve

As Jim above has pointed out, I forgot to say about using the free shipping module for my duplicate supplier. With my mod, the customer can see straight away shipping is free without having to work through the checkout.

Steve

Is it possible to use Canada Post Shipping Module for this contribution?

Only if it has been modified for MVS compatibility. There are some instructions in the package that will guide you through the basics. There will most certainly be some playing to be done as well. I suggest that you look at the code in the other modules that may be similar(USPS, UPS, FedEx) to see some examples of what to do.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hey Guys,

I am looking to start adding downloads to our shop and ran into a few problems. First off I couldn't get the checkout shipping to come up using a new vendor using the free shipping module. I would get stuck in some loop that would constantly throw an error redirect to the same page that it was on. I fixed this by creating another vendor that basically had NO information in it. Why that worked is beyond me. Anyhow - the problem now is that I can checkout w/ basically free shipping (I am using table rate at $0.00 as opposted to the Free Shipping module) but the downloads in the order don't get added to TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD. I know DOWNLOAD_ENALED is set to true but the other variables aren't getting set it seems.

I changed:

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && isset($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) && tep_not_null($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {
	  $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id, 
							  'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id, 
							  'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'], 
							  'download_maxdays' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxdays'], 
							  'download_count' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxcount']);
	  tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);
   }

To this so I could see the properties:

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') && isset($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) && tep_not_null($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {
	  $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id, 
							  'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id, 
							  'orders_products_filename' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_filename'], 
							  'download_maxdays' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxdays'], 
							  'download_count' => $attributes_values['products_attributes_maxcount']);
	  tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);
	}
	else
	{
		mail("[email protected]","checkout debug", "1. " . DOWNLOAD_ENABLED ." 2. " . isset($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) . " 3. " . tep_not_null($attributes_values['products_attributes_filename']) );
	}

The resulting email looks like this:

1. true 2. 3.

Any thoughts, clues or ideas are welcomed! Thanks!

edit: Also, should a product be showing with an option of Download [ Online ] on its product page?

Edited by iofast

Hi guys, I modified the sales report 2 contrib for mvs. I can attach the files if you're interested?

Please post it to the contribution section with whatever instructions needed to accomodate the changes you've made.

Thanks for sharing, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I've been revamping the email that gets sent out to the vendors (used with the MVS contrib) I've mangaged to move all the fields in to a table (design and colours of which I'm still working on), but I've now encountered a problem where I have about 50 blank lines above my table.

Can someone have a look at my code and tell me what I can do to remove the white space please?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

catalog/checkout_process.php (code starts at about line 335)

// let's build the email
  // Get the delivery address
 $delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name,
delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, customers_telephone, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

$vendor_delivery_address_list = tep_db_fetch_array($delivery_address_query);

if ($debug == 'yes') {
echo 'The number of vendors: ' . sizeof($vendor_products) . '<br>';
 }
$email='';
for ($l=0, $m=sizeof($vendor_products); $l<$m; $l++) {
'' .
$vendor_country = tep_get_country_name($vendor_products[$l]['Vcountry']);
$order_number= $oID;
$vendors_id=$vendor_products[$l]['Vid'];
$the_email=$vendor_products[$l]['Vemail'];
$the_name=$vendor_products[$l]['Vname'];
$the_contact=$vendor_products[$l]['Vcontact'];
$email=  
  '' . ' <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="90%" id="AutoNumber1"><tr><td width="100%"><font face="Arial Narrow" size="1"><table style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor="#FFFFFF" cellSpacing="3" cellPadding="0" width="100%" border="1"><tr><td width="50%" colspan="3"><valign="top"><B>To:</B></td>  
<td width="50%" colspan="3"><B>Purchase Order From:</B></td>

</tr>
<td width="40%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" colspan="3"> '.$the_contact . '  <br>' . $the_name . '<br>' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vstreet'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vcity'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vstate'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vzipcode'] . '</td>
<td width="40%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0" colspan="3">'.STORE_OWNER . '<br>' .
 STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . '</td>
 </tr>

<tr>
<td width="100%" colspan="6" valign="top">
<B>Please Deliver To Our Customer:</B></td> </tr>

<tr>
<td width="16%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><b>Delivery Address:</B></td>
<td width="84%" colspan="5">'.$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_company'] .
 $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] .'<br>' .
 $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_street_address'] .'<br>' .
 $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_suburb'] .'<br>' .
 $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_city'] .'<br>' .
 $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] .'<br>' .
 $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] . '</td>
 </tr>

<tr>
<td width="16%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><B>Customer Phone No.:</B></td>
<td width="84%" colspan="5">' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . '</td>
 </tr>

<tr>
<td width="16%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><B>Customer Email:</B></td>
<td width="84%" colspan="5">' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_email_address'] . '</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="16%" bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><B>Customer Comments:</B></td>
<td width="84%" colspan="5">' . $order->info['comments'] . '</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td width="100%" colspan="6" valign="top"><b>Please supply the products listed below</b></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><b>Qty:</b></td>
<td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><b>Product Name:</b></td>
<td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><b>Product Options:</b></td>
<td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><b>Supplier Product Code:</b></td>
<td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><b>Marcle Leisure Product Ref.:</b></td>
<td bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><b>Per Unit Price:</b></td>

</tr>';
	   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products']); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $product_attribs ='';
  if (isset($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes']) && (sizeof($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes']) > 0)) {

for ($j = 0, $k = sizeof($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes']); $j < $k; $j++) {
	 $product_attribs .= '  ' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' .  $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes'][$j]['value'] . '<br>';
	}
	}
	$email = $email . '

<tr>

<td>' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['Pqty'] .

'</td>

<td>' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['Pname'] .
 '</td>

<td>' . $product_attribs .
 '</td>

<td>' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['PVprod_id'] .
 '</td>

<td>' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['Pmodel'] .
 '</td>

<td>' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['PVprod_price'] . '
 </td>
</tr>';

}
}
$email = $email . '</table></td></tr></table><br><HR><br>';

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 $vendor_order_sent = 'yes';

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = '" . tep_db_input($vendor_order_sent) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");

if ($debug == 'yes') {
	   echo 'The $email(including headers:<br>Vendor Email Addy' . $the_email . '<br>Vendor Name' . $the_name . '<br>Vendor Contact' . $the_contact . '<br>Body--<br>' . $email . '<br>';
	   }
 }

return true;
} 
//MVS end

Thanks

Steve

I'm now really stumped!

I forgot to add...

To try and find out where all the 'white space' is coming from, I've put my original table inside another to create a boarder, so my initial bit of table code looks like..

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="90%"><tr><td width="100%"><font face="Arial Narrow" size="1"><table style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor="#FFFFFF" cellSpacing="3" cellPadding="0" width="100%" border="1"><tr><td width="50%" colspan="3"><valign="top"><B>To:</B></td>  
<td width="50%" colspan="3"><B>Purchase Order From:</B></td>

hopefully you can see that I've removed all the spaces between each instruction ( >no spaces here< )... well I have done, from where the table starts and the first row of the inner/original table. Having done this, I thought the top of the outer table (boarder) would have been close to the top of the inner table, but as can be seen on the pickie below there is loads of white space.

Image6.jpg

For a larger view, click here

The bottom of the page is okay, but I want to get rid of the area marked 'A'. I've sorted the gap on the right of the inner table.

Any clues please?

Steve

Still haven't sorted the vendor email, so put that to one side for a moment :(

After some minor changes, I've now managed to display the 'Order ID' in the vendors list of orders :) Progressing on from that page, if you click on 'preview', this takes you to another page, but uses the a different bit of code on this file http://mmystore/catalog/admin/orders.php This fresh page displays a selected order fom the previous page. However there's no order number displayed on that page :( so just below this code

<td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
  <td class="main" valign="top"><b><?php echo ENTRY_CUSTOMER; ?></b></td>
   <td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->customer['format_id'], $order->customer, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
   <td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
   <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></b></td>
   <td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['telephone']; ?></td>
	</tr>
	 <tr>
	<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
	<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '"><u>' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</u></a>'; ?></td>

I've inserted these lines

</TR><TR><td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_ORDER_ID_NO; ?></b></td>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo $order->order['orders_id']; ?></b></td>

However I've got stuck on trying to find and insert the correct code to display the 'Order ID'.

As you can see I've used this bit of code >> <?php echo $order->order['orders_id']; ?> << of which I've changed around without luck (the first page went too well!)

Can anyone help out please?

Thanks

Steve

Try
<?php echo $order_id; ?>

Regards

Jim

Sorry Jim, Still nothing :(

For interest, the code I inserted lower down the page for the vendors list of orders was

<?php echo $orders['orders_id']; ?>

I obviously tried my bit of code as it worked for the previous page mod, but no go for the page I'm working on.

Thanks

Steve

I posted this over on the shipping forum as well, but thought you guys could be of help:

I have Individual Product Shipping working with Multi Vendor, but the problem I run into in the code is where in the class I specify that if IPS_status is set, only show IPS. The regular shipping class has it set up like this (and is working when MVS is turned off)

if (tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS') and $shiptotal) {
		$include_modules[] = array('class' => 'indvship', 'file' => 'indvship.php');
	  } else {
						  foreach ($installed_modules_array as $value) {
		  $class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));
		  // Don't show Individual Shipping Module
		  if ($class != 'indvship')  {
			$include_modules[] = array('class' => $class, 'file' => $value);
		  }
		}

I put this into my vendor_shipping and after 3 days of hacking, I think it is almost working, but it is returning this error every time:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object

It works perfectly in the regular shipping class. My question is, do I need to define something somewhere or is there some reason that it cannot identify:

If I replace that line with:

It will work, returning all of the vendor's shipping options, but I need it to say "If an IPS is set, only show that, if it is not set, return all other options.

I am so close, someone please help!!!

TIA!!!

I posted this over on the shipping forum as well, but thought you guys could be of help:

I have Individual Product Shipping working with Multi Vendor, but the problem I run into in the code is where in the class I specify that if IPS_status is set, only show IPS. <snip>

I don't quite understand the reason for this. Is there some reason you can't set all of the Individual Ship items as their own vendor?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hey Jim,

First thanks for the reply and all the work you've done (I just read about thirty pages in this thread). Sorry if I was a bit vague, I really just need to declare in vendors_shipping in classes that if there is a price in the IPS field, only use IPS as the shipping method, otherwise use all the other methods. So i.e.:

I have vendor A who uses UPS XML but has some oversize products he wants to set a flat rate for. All other products besides his oversize should use his UPS XML. The solution for a store without MVS was to use this code in shipping.php in classes:

(tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS') and $shiptotal) {
	  } else {
		  }
		}

I try to use this in vendors_shipping and get the fatal error. I know it is properly identifying the item as yes or no in regards to having a value in the IPS field in the products table but for some reason can't find and display 'indvship'.

Thanks again, let me know if I'm leaving info out.

I don't quite understand the reason for this. Is there some reason you can't set all of the Individual Ship items as their own vendor?

Regards

Jim

Reread your post: the reason I can't assign each vendor to a flat rate is that I'' developing a log in type system where vendors input their data on a subdomain and I transfer that to the live SQL. They would comlplain if I said, ok login as vendor a1 for ups items and vendor a2 for flat rate. It would work yes, but over at the IPS contrib. they have this function working, just wondering why it is not applicable to MVS?

The way MVS is designed, you would set up two "vendors" for this vendor: one for the Individual Ship items and one for the UPS items. If you still want to do this mod, please post the entire error message and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Regards

Jim

I meant to say above that I reread your post, not for you too, didn't want to sound snippy B)

thanks again,

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sub/loginname/mydomain/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 130

Line 130 is:

} elseif ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled($vendors_id) 0 {

so I believe that the value of 'indvship' is not being called to or something alog those lines??? It seems to be saying "ok, we found that this item does contain an ship_price but we don't know where to get the 'indvship module" or something???

The way MVS is designed, you would set up two "vendors" for this vendor: one for the Individual Ship items and one for the UPS items. If you still want to do this mod, please post the entire error message and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Regards

Jim

Edited by OS_Tim

that code is suppossed tp be

} elseif ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled($vendors_id) ) {

not 0

I meant to say above that I reread your post, not for you too, didn't want to sound snippy B)

thanks again,

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sub/loginname/mydomain/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 130

Line 130 is:

so I believe that the value of 'indvship' is not being called to or something alog those lines??? It seems to be saying "ok, we found that this item does contain an ship_price but we don't know where to get the 'indvship module" or something???

Line 130 is:

<snipped>

OK, I see why the normal method wouldn't work for you. So, for the error you are getting, I think that $class needs to be set. For the code snippet you posted, I would do this:

(tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS') and $shiptotal) {
		$class = 'indvship';
	 } else {
		  }
		}

Please let us know if that solves the problem.

Regards

Jim

Darn, nope. Still the same error, I agree with your train of thought, it's not being DEFINED for some reason. In the original shipping.php class the function is defined for 'MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED and in vendors shipping it is isset for 'MODULE_VENDOR_SHIPPING_INSTALLED' I think therein lies the key to the problem, however I took away the defined from the regular shipping and moved over the isset code and got it to work without MVS! Arg eh . . .

Any other thoughts?

[quote name='kymation' date='Sep 14 2006, 07:33 PM' post='935453']
OK, I see why the normal method wouldn't work for you. So, for the error you are getting, I think that $class needs to be set. For the code snippet you posted, I would do this:
[code](tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS') and $shiptotal) {
		$class = 'indvship';
	 } else {
		  }
		}

Please let us know if that solves the problem.

Regards

Jim

Darn, nope. Still the same error, I agree with your train of thought, it's not being DEFINED for some reason. In the original shipping.php class the function is defined for 'MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED and in vendors shipping it is isset for 'MODULE_VENDOR_SHIPPING_INSTALLED' I think therein lies the key to the problem, however I took away the defined from the regular shipping and moved over the isset code and got it to work without MVS! Arg eh . . .

Any other thoughts?

<snip>

Argh indeed. The constants used by the modules have to be changed to add the Vendor ID. So try changing that first line to:

(tep_get_configuration_key_value(@constant ('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS_' . $vendors_id)) and $shiptotal) {

You may also have to add a global $class; in just below that. See if that gets it.

Regards

Jim

Hmm no go. What I have discovered through troubleshooting is that it is picking up whether or not there is a IPS set. For example, if my code is:

} else {
		  //if ($class != 'indvship')  {
		  }
		}

and I have a IPS set, I get the error. I go change the IPS to 0 and then it follows the 'else' function, going through the original MVS method and displaying ALL methods available, thus letting the end user select the UPS rate OR the IPS rate. It's just not recognizing the 'class' => 'indvship' when in the vendors shipping folder for some reason. Could this be in a functions file? :grasping at straws:

MVS will never set MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS. It will set MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS_1 for vendor 1 (substitute the number of your vendor for the 1s here.) So, if you are setting the Individual Ship module in the Vendors section of the Admin, not the original Modules section, then you will need to add the vendors id to the end of every constant that you expect the module to set. So first make certain that you have all of the settings correct in the Vendors admin. You might want to disable the indvship module from the regular osCommerce side to make certain that your changes are reading the proper constants.

If everything in the Admin is set up correctly, then I would put in some test code to see if we can figure out what is or isn't getting set. Try adding this just above the foreach loop above the line that's giving the error (line 125 or so):

print "<b>Global Variables: </b>\n";
print '<pre>';
print_r ($GLOBALS);  
print '</pre>';

That should give a whole list of module data. See if there is anything in the indvship section. I may be able to figure out where to look based on that information.

Regards

Jim

Hmm no go. What I have discovered through troubleshooting is that it is picking up whether or not there is a IPS set. For example, if my code is:

tep_get_configuration_key_value.......

Um, when did this function get added?

Edited by HallMarc