• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hello alltogether,

i read through this thread...interesting.

some people already asked for a contribution which estimates the shipping costs (in some countries this must be shown because of legal aspects). I had already this installed http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3072/

this doesnt work in combination with MVS.

anybody used other contris which estimate the costs? which one is working? a tip which could be ported easily?

thx a lot

The+server+cannot+connect+to+Authorize.net.++Please+check+your+cURL+and+server+s

ettings

The problem is the setting are the same as they were when working prior to installing MVS -- ack -- I don't know where to look for the answer. Anyone with feedback?

I had the same problem and I fixed it by reinstalling the original Authorize.net checkout_payment and checkout_process files. It worked then so I just had to figure which one was causing the problem. I substituted the modified MVS checkout_payment and it worked. I then made a new checkout_process file with Winmerge copying only the text that began with //MVS start. It works now.

I had the same problem and I fixed it by reinstalling the original Authorize.net checkout_payment and checkout_process files. It worked then so I just had to figure which one was causing the problem. I substituted the modified MVS checkout_payment and it worked. I then made a new checkout_process file with Winmerge copying only the text that began with //MVS start. It works now.

Yes, it was the checkout_process.php file Thanks for pointing me in the right direction -- all things are working now but have to say the client changed their mind about the MVS module so the extra time devoted to it was a bust but I learned alot so not all is lost. :)

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.

I installed MVS1.1 in creloaded 6.2 pro and it is working great, thanks.

Only problem I still have is that it doesn't seem to be calling any values into

$order->products[$i]['vendors_id'] in checkout_process.php so the vendors_id in orders_products is being set to 0. I tried making it $vendors_id but then it brought in the highest vendor no. for all products.

Please, if anyone can give me hand with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Regards

Martin.

I've discovered a problem with my set-up :(

My emails don't seem to be going out correctly when a customer purchases items that are being shipped from two or more vendors. Only one email seems to be sent (a copy of the email sent to the customer, for the store owner) None of the vendor emails are sent. But if one item is ordered its fine.

In Admin > Vendors Manager > Orders by Vendor

Select a vendor I know who has received orders, then on the right hand side where it says "Click To

Send Email", if I click, I get the following error message

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from orders where orders_id='222'' at line 1

select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, TELEPHONE_NUMBER, from orders where orders_id='222'

[TEP STOP]

Anyone come across this before, or know how to make good please?

Thanks in advance for any help and comments :)

Steve

I've discovered a problem with my set-up :(

My emails don't seem to be going out correctly when a customer purchases items that are being shipped from two or more vendors. Only one email seems to be sent (a copy of the email sent to the customer, for the store owner) None of the vendor emails are sent. But if one item is ordered its fine.

In Admin > Vendors Manager > Orders by Vendor

Select a vendor I know who has received orders, then on the right hand side where it says "Click To

Send Email", if I click, I get the following error message

Anyone come across this before, or know how to make good please?

Thanks in advance for any help and comments :)

Steve

There is no column named TELEPHONE_NUMBER in the Orders table. If this is something you have added for another contribution, remove the comma after TELEPHONE_NUMBER and it should work.

Are you getting the email sent to the vendor when there is only one vendor, but not when there are two or more? I can't think of any error that would do that.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

There is no column named TELEPHONE_NUMBER in the Orders table. If this is something you have added for another contribution, remove the comma after TELEPHONE_NUMBER and it should work.

Are you getting the email sent to the vendor when there is only one vendor, but not when there are two or more? I can't think of any error that would do that.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I've just done a search for 'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' but it comes up in about 10 files, which one should I look at please?

I'm still testing the emails being sent out, but I think I had a wrong setting, hence the problem.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Jim,

I've just done a search for 'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' but it comes up in about 10 files, which one should I look at please?

I'm still testing the emails being sent out, but I think I had a wrong setting, hence the problem.

Thanks

Steve

You should be looking in admin/orders_by_vendor.php. My search says that the string 'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' should not occur in that file, so I suspect you may have an editing error there.

Regards

Jim

You should be looking in admin/orders_by_vendor.php. My search says that the string 'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' should not occur in that file, so I suspect you may have an editing error there.

Regards

Jim

There's no TELEPHONE in my admin/orders_by_vendor.php :( :)

However, it does appear in the following files

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\admin\customers.php

00632: <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></td>

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\admin\orders.php

00315: <td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></b></td>

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\admin\vendor_email_send.php:

00151: $delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, TELEPHONE_NUMBER, from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'") ;

00182: $order->customer['ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER'] . '<br><BR>' .

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\admin\includes\languages\english.php:

00181: define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER', 'Telephone Number:');

00182: define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR', ' <span class="errorText">min ' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH . ' chars</span>');

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\includes\form_check.js.php:

00121: check_input("telephone", <?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH; ?>, "<?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR; ?>");

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\includes\languages\english.php:

00201: define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER', 'Telephone Number:');

00202: define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR', 'Your Telephone Number must contain a minimum of ' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH . ' characters.');

00203: define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT', '*');

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\includes\languages\english\checkout_process.php:

00026: define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER', 'Telephone_Number');

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\account_edit.php:

00085: $messageStack->add('account_edit', ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR);

00222: <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></td>

00223: <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('telephone', $account['customers_telephone']) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\checkout_process.php:

00076: // 'customers_Telephone_Number' => $order->customer['Telephone_Number'],

'TELEPHONE_NUMBER' in catalog\create_account.php:

00156: $messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_ERROR);

00459: <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></td>

00461: <span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT . '</span>' . '<BR>We need a valid No. to contact you quickly if there is a problem with deliveries etc. <BR><BR>' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT) ? ' . ': ''); ?></td>

Steve

There's no TELEPHONE in my admin/orders_by_vendor.php :( :)

<snip>

Steve

The only one that is in a database query is:

00151: $delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, TELEPHONE_NUMBER, from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");

Checking against the file distributed with MVS 1.1, the

, TELEPHONE_NUMBER,
part should not be in there. Remove that, including both commas, and it should work. This may also fix your email problem.

Regards

Jim

Checking against the file distributed with MVS 1.1, the part should not be in there. Remove that, including both commas, and it should work. This may also fix your email problem.

Regards

Jim

Done that :)

Now get

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from orders where orders_id='224'' at line 1

select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, from orders where orders_id='224'

[TEP STOP]

for comparison, here's the previous error message

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'from orders where orders_id='222'' at line 1

select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, TELEPHONE_NUMBER, from orders where orders_id='222'

[TEP STOP]

Looks like the TELEPHONE_NUMBER was okay

I'll get me coat :(

Done that :)

Now get

for comparison, here's the previous error message

Looks like the TELEPHONE_NUMBER was okay

I'll get me coat :(

No, you didn't take out both commas. Remove the one after the

delivery_postcode,
and it should work.

Regards

Jim

No, you didn't take out both commas. Remove the one after the and it should work.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for noticing my error :) now tried again and found it brings up a page were I can edit the vendors emails. :) Where is the email template for that page located please?

My emails to the customers are still in plain text, where as the email to the vendors are in formatted html. It would be nice to have both as formatted html.

Any ideas how I can include the customers comments from the checkout stage in to the vendors email Please?

Thanks

Steve :)

I really must get my coat now as its 00.45am I'll never get up in the morning at this rate :(

Thanks for noticing my error :) now tried again and found it brings up a page were I can edit the vendors emails. :) Where is the email template for that page located please?

My emails to the customers are still in plain text, where as the email to the vendors are in formatted html. It would be nice to have both as formatted html.

Any ideas how I can include the customers comments from the checkout stage in to the vendors email Please?

Thanks

Steve :)

I really must get my coat now as its 00.45am I'll never get up in the morning at this rate :(

After you wake up....

The code for the emails to the vendors is buried in admin/vendor_email_sent.php. The code for the customer email is in catalog/checkout_process.php, near the bottom. The HTML/plain text is hardcoded, so you'll have to edit the files to make it work. The code for the customer email needs to be changed to convert it to HTML.

The comments can be retrieved from the database and added where you want. You can get the data from $order->info['comments'] at the appropriate point in the code.

Regards

Jim

After you wake up....

The code for the emails to the vendors is buried in admin/vendor_email_sent.php. The code for the customer email is in catalog/checkout_process.php, near the bottom. The HTML/plain text is hardcoded, so you'll have to edit the files to make it work. The code for the customer email needs to be changed to convert it to HTML.

The comments can be retrieved from the database and added where you want. You can get the data from $order->info['comments'] at the appropriate point in the code.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I suppose your in bed now doh... ;)

Thanks for your pointers above Jim :)

I placed your code ( $order->info['comments'] ) in catalog/checkout_process in the bit of code that I've previously been editing to set up the vendors email, however it dosn't display anything on the vendors emails. My vendor email code is about 3/4 of the way down, just before the table displaying what the customer ordered.

'Please Deliver To Our Customer:<br>' .
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_company'] . EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] .'<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_street_address'] .'<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_suburb'] .'<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_city'] .'<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] .'<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] .'<br>' .
'Customer Phone No.:  ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . '<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_email_address'] . '<br>' .
	EMAIL_SEPARATOR . 
 // next line should display customers comments from the checkout process	
$order->info['comments'] . '<br>' .
EMAIL_SEPARATOR . 

//   $vendor_delivery_iddrm{{_li{|[/lmlivezy_xo{|kolm/] .'<br>' .

'<table width="85%" border=1 cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">

as a side issue, whats this bit of code about?

//   $vendor_delivery_iddrm{{_li{|[/lmlivezy_xo{|kolm/] .'<br>' .

it was previously commented out to any mods I have made?

sorry, I'm now stuck again :(

Steve

You have added the code correctly, but the comment just before it is messing up the string. PHP considers all of that to be one line, so everything after the double slash is ignored. If you need to put a comment in a string, use the block comment form (/* Comment */).

The commented-out code that you show appears to be corrupt. I don't see that anywhere in my copy. Compare your copy to a fresh version of MVS 1.1 to see what's missing.

Regards

Jim

You have added the code correctly, but the comment just before it is messing up the string. PHP considers all of that to be one line, so everything after the double slash is ignored. If you need to put a comment in a string, use the block comment form (/* Comment */).

The commented-out code that you show appears to be corrupt. I don't see that anywhere in my copy. Compare your copy to a fresh version of MVS 1.1 to see what's missing.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Followed your comments as shown below

EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_city'] .'<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] .'<br>' .
EMAIL_GAP .$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] .'<br>' .
'Customer Phone No.:  ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_telephone'] . '<br>' .
/* this line will insert customers email address--- */ 
 'Email:  ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['customers_email_address'] . '<br>' .
EMAIL_SEPARATOR .   
/* next line should display customers comment from the checkout */
 $order->info['comments'] . '<br>' .
 EMAIL_SEPARATOR .

The comments still fail to show in the vendors email :(

Steve

Have you verified that the database contains a comment for this order? If it does, try to include other data from $order->info to see if it is being passed correctly.

Regards

Jim

Have you verified that the database contains a comment for this order? If it does, try to include other data from $order->info to see if it is being passed correctly.

Regards

Jim

For the same sale, the comments made in the checkout stage appear in the customers email conformation, but not in the vendors email. So the data is there.

Sorry Jim you'll have to walk me through your comment "try to include other data from $order->info to see if it is being passed correctly" Can you be a bit more specific please as I'm no coder as I expect you've seen from my previous posts.

Steve

For the same sale, the comments made in the checkout stage appear in the customers email conformation, but not in the vendors email. So the data is there.

Sorry Jim you'll have to walk me through your comment "try to include other data from $order->info to see if it is being passed correctly" Can you be a bit more specific please as I'm no coder as I expect you've seen from my previous posts.

Steve

Sorry, I missed something here. My fault for not taking a better look at the code. Find this code (line 272):

function vendors_email($vendors_id, $oID, $status, $vendor_order_sent) {

and add this line after it:

Global $order;

That should take care of the problem.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, I missed something here. My fault for not taking a better look at the code. Find this code (line 272):
function vendors_email($vendors_id, $oID, $status, $vendor_order_sent) {

and add this line after it:

Global $order;

That should take care of the problem.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim :D

I'm now sorted with your last addition :) Thanks for your help and sticking with my problem, its appreciated :D

Steve

Jim's right- I use
// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all  vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if ( (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') && (($cart->content_type != 'virtual') ||
 ($total_weight > 0 )) ){ // This test only works under MVS, but is skipped for virtual and/or zero weight
 if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) !=  count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all  selected
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING,  'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
		  }
	   } // MVS end

You still want the check to make sure shipping methods have been selected when MVS is turned on. Also if you turn that check to 'false' and then turn off MVS, your payment page will be broken.

Thanx Lupole,Stew and Jim and all contributors. I have been struggling with this issue for a few nights now! It works and also gives me multiple payment options which i need to further test!

Edited by jagedge

I would be happy if I could simply specify free shipping on some items, and the rest use UPS shipping model. Does anyone know how to do that? Maybe make it so that if a negative number is entered for weight, it would automatically be free shipping? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

I would be happy if I could simply specify free shipping on some items, and the rest use UPS shipping model. Does anyone know how to do that? Maybe make it so that if a negative number is entered for weight, it would automatically be free shipping? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Hi,

I recently carried out a mod where I have set up a supplier (duplicate of another) who ships out items foc, so in the suppliers details I use the 2nd telephone number to enter something like "Free shipping on this product", this statement then appears on any product its linked to.

Most of the info is on this thread somewhere.

Is that the sort of thing your looking for?

Steve

You can make free shipping for certain products by assigning all of those products to a vendor, then setting up the free shipping module for that vendor. The free shipping module is included with the MVS 1.1 distribution.

Regards

Jim