• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hi Jim / Craig,

I don't know if this has anything to do with MVS, or if it's just my setup with its peculiarities and lack of register globals... Anyway the problem I'm having concerns tax: If I set Display Prices with Tax in admin to false it seems to cause these problems:

- Price(inc) and Total(inc) on the invoice (viewed from admin -> customers -> orders) are the same as Price(ex) and Total(ex), yet Sub-total: and Total: correctly show the price including tax

- At checkout_confirmation it does not show tax (only Sub-Total, Shipping & Total), yet the Total amount correctly shows the amount including tax.

I've spent almost an entire day trying to track down the source of this error and need help!

Thanks again,

Paul.

I also would like to share that I have spent the last last two hours implementing this contrib. into my modified shopping cart with no problems at all!

Thank you so much! This is awesome and will make a HUGE difference once the store is up and running. It's not ready for the public quite yet, otherwise I would post a link.

Thanks again!

PS. The only thing that I still need to look into now is added demention attributes to my client's products. They sell metal artwork (mostly wall hangings) which isn't very heavy but the dementions are large. I need to then get the FedEx and UPS shipping modules to use those demention attributes. If anyone could point me in the right direction, thanks!

I finally took the plunge and am installing this contribution but have run into a conflict already. I already uploaded all the new files and am now modifying existing files.

catalog/admin/categories.php

This is the modified code for the Head Tag Controller contribution:

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

This is what I am supposed to add for the Multi Vendor contribution:

//MVS start   Many additions here, the order they are listed is very important, all new fields have vendor or vendors in the name (ie, "p.vendors_product_price,")
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.vendors_prod_id, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.vendors_product_price, p.products_weight, p.vendors_prod_comments, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.vendors_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);
 //MVS end

Am I able to blend these two together without causing a problem? If anyone has both the Header Tags Controller contribution and this Multi Vendor Shipping contribution on your site, what tips/suggestions do you have while doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Craig,

Will this contrib work if you want to have a setup shipping rate instead of calculated for UPS and Fedex? We have some products that would need to be calculated but others that are just set shipping.

I installed the Individual Multiple Shipping contrib but it doesnt seem to calculate into the shopping cart correctly.

Thanks let me know. Also, how much do you charge to install the contrib?

The Individual Shipping Mod needs to be updated to match the newest version of MVS. I will try to do it ASAP.

Stephanie :)

catalog/admin/catagories.php

Around line 1051 - - What else is around this code on the file? I don't have this code at all and I'm supposed to add MVS code to it.

} elseif (isset($pInfo) && is_object($pInfo)) { // product info box contents

I finally took the plunge and am installing this contribution but have run into a conflict already. I already uploaded all the new files and am now modifying existing files.

Am I able to blend these two together without causing a problem? If anyone has both the Header Tags Controller contribution and this Multi Vendor Shipping contribution on your site, what tips/suggestions do you have while doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can add both these contributions. I have both working on a couple of sites. In queries like this, both contributions add some new fields. You can compare each one to the original to see what is added. Just add all of the new fields for both contributions to your code.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Yes, there's a bug in the Table code. Find this code in catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping/table.php at Line 99:

$order_total = $shipping_cost;
} else {
$order_total = $shipping_weight;

and change it to:

$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['cost'];
} else {
$order_total = $cart->vendor_shipping[$vendors_id]['weight'];

Remember that the Table module will only use the total cost for the vendor, not for the total order.

Regards

Jim

That did the trick

and Only working for the specific vendor is exactly what i want

THANKS

I just finished loaded the MVS contribution. Now I get the following error in the Admin Panel:

1146 - Table 'myid_store.TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

If I remember right, this is the only place where the cfgKey is touched:

catalog/includes/application_top.php AND this is the code:

// set the application parameters
 $configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);
 while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {
define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);
 }
//MVS Start
// set the vendor shipping constants
 $vendor_configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION);
 while ($vendor_configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_configuration_query)) {
define($vendor_configuration['cfgKey'], $vendor_configuration['cfgValue']);
 }
//MVS End

Is this where the error is and if so, how do I fix it? The MVS part is the only modification to this section...everything else was there prior and had no problems.

Thanks.

Edited by Moonlight

I hope someone wanders by tonight who can answer this - this error is preventing me from accessing the Admin section at all. I couldn't find anything in MyPHPAdmin concerning this - I'm not very verse in that to really know what to look for.

I just finished loaded the MVS contribution. Now I get the following error in the Admin Panel:

<snip>

You need to make the changes to admin/includes/database_tables.php. See the Admin_Install.txt in the MVS distribution.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

I did make those changes from the get go when installing this contribution. I even did the extra changes as suggested on page 82 of this thread. I'm at a loss. I had no problems prior to installing this contribution and I've never modified the database_tables.php (either one) prior to this. For some reason, it's just not recognizing table_vendor_configuration at all.

Should I post both database_tables.php files?

I'm sorry Scott, can you be more specific/detailed - changes to my database exactly where. I'm still a bit of a newb at all this so I need things explained in slightly more detail to make sure I'm on the same page you are more experienced folks *grins*

Afaik, I did every single modification in both the Admin Install and Catalog Install files, plus added the new files. It took me 4 hours to do all that because I took my time comparing/contrasting code to make sure I was replacing correct ones and adding correct ones (as per directions).

I've done other contributions (abeit simples ones) recently, so I'm familiar with how they are setup and such.

*shrugs* It's hard when there's no one who can sit next to you and see what's on your screen.

Bare with me here... I am no expert at all in this stuff either. :P

You didn't mention if you edited the (four?) extra tables this contrib requires to work. You would have had to use MyPHPAdmin (or another database manager) to add the modifications found in the 'mvs.sql' file to your database, placed with your other .txt readme instructions for MVS.

Oh joy, I've never done anything in MyPHPAdmin as of yet. I have no clue how to do that. I mean, I can get into myPHPAdmin just fine via my cPanel - I've poked around in there a bit, but have no clue how to manipulate/add/etc. Ugh! Hate when I come to a brick wall and don't know what to do.

Maggie, I've clicked "go", but it doesn't seem to be doing anything - no progress bar, nothing. Is this little popup window supposed to go away or what?

Oh wait, went back to the main window and got this error:

#

# mvs.sql

# For MVS V1.0 2006/03/25 JCK/CWG

# osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

#

#

# Modify Table structure for table `configuration`

#

INSERT INTO `configuration`

VALUES (

NULL , 'Enable Vendor Shipping', 'SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING', 'false', 'Enable Multi-Vendor shipping-(true/false)', 7, 6, '2004-09-07 13:19:40', '2004-05-04 14:43:03', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'

)

#1046 - No Database Selected

Edited by Moonlight

It's not too hard and as you said you haven't edited it before, you shouldn't run into any pre-modified problems.

-Open up your myPHPAdmin

-Using the dropdown menu at the left, select your osc database.

-Then above the dropdown menu there is a little "SQL" Query window button, click it.

-A new window will appear. Click on the "Import files" tab.

-browse for the 'mvs.sql' file on your computer, set for 'autodetect' and Character set of the file is at 'utf8' for me. Press 'Go'

-As long as it says that everything was added correctly on the next page, you should be good to go.

I hope this helps,

-Scott

EDIT: your main page should show the changes.

You forgot to select the database you want to work with first. :)

Edited by mistmov

Ok, I did it right this time, except, when I try to go to my Admin for the store (www.mysite.com/catalog/admin) I still get this error:

1146 - Table 'moonligh_store.TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

The only thing that I can think of is to make sure that those vendor tables were added to your database in myPHPadmin and also to make sure you have added:

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

//MVS Start
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING','orders_shipping');
 define('TABLE_VENDORS', 'vendors');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION', 'vendor_configuration');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION_GROUP','vendor_configuration_group');
//addon for UPSXML dimensional support
 define('TABLE_PACKAGING', 'packaging');
//addon for UPSXML dimensions
//MVS End

Other than that, I am out of ideas. :S

Good luck,

Scott

Edited by mistmov

as for the database_tables.php files - I've went over both of them several times now over the last few hours - not much to look over since there's little code in question - both match the install instruction files to a "t".

in myadminphp, this is a portion of the success execution ... I'm assuming it all installed just fine since it said it was successful:

# Table structure for table `vendor_configuration`
#
CREATE TABLE `vendor_configuration` (
`vendor_configuration_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`configuration_title` varchar( 64 ) NOT NULL default '',
`configuration_key` varchar( 64 ) NOT NULL default '',
`configuration_value` text,
`configuration_description` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default '',

However, there is NOTHING in that sql file that states exactly this phrase: table_vendor_configuration

Edited by Moonlight

Barbara, try adding this...

//MVS start
 define('TABLE_VENDORS_INFO', 'vendors_info');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'orders_shipping');
  //MVS end

to admin/includes/database_tables.php

OH, SORRY, I forgot we were talking about the admin... make sure you added this:

Catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

//MVS start
 define('TABLE_VENDORS_INFO', 'vendors_info');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'orders_shipping');
  //MVS end

...but you said that it's all there.

As far as the database tables, you should just be able to see the list of your current tables when you open your osc database in myPHPadmin.

You should see near the bottom of the list:

vendors_configuration

vendors

vendors_info