• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

You should go ahead and set the address I gave you above in your PayPal account: Profile->Website Payments->Return URL

It won't break anything, so you should just set it there.

You do need to install, via Admin->Modules->Payment

and then select your payment type and enter the appropriate info in the fields provided.

Good luck, Craig :)

if I don't put it in my paypal account will still get my customers orders?

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

if I don't put it in my paypal account will still get my customers orders?

If you are using the standard PayPal model, you must enter the return URL in your PayPal account profile > website payments, as Craig instructed, or the orders will not be processed.... you will get the payment, but not the order, as checkout will not be completed. I have checkout_process.php set for the return URL, but checkout_success.php works as well.

UPS XML module is acting weird, on the check out page when i have 1 item selected to ship (at 2 lbs) it says UPS (3 pckg's x 33.33333 lbs)

Ah i figured that one out, it was in the edit vendor part lol.

Next question, in the Vendor manager where you select what forms of shipping you want to use, when i click on install on Fedex it just shows an hourglass then goes back to a pointer, instead of installing it.

is there anything in the checkout_shipping.php file that could cause a random file cannot be displayed error after an attempt to get rates from the post office? my isp is saying it has to be in the code. i dont understand how everyone else can use it if that is so.. sigh

any help would be appriecciatted this is becomeing a nightmare /

is there anything in the checkout_shipping.php file that could cause a random file cannot be displayed error after an attempt to get rates from the post office? my isp is saying it has to be in the code. i dont understand how everyone else can use it if that is so.. sigh

any help would be appriecciatted this is becomeing a nightmare /

i "think" my isp finally fixed this fingers crossed anyway I basically told them that it works flawlessly for everyone except well ME ...

Hello All.

I have been working on installing oscommerce with MVS for a couple of weeks and overall it is going on well. My test site is at www.bhajate.com and you are most welcome to check it out.

My real problem is the USPS shipping module. I have modified the standard module to enable me to use the Media Mail quotes using the information given by trustco in this thread.

But I am having big problems with international orders. I am not geting any rate quotes at all for the international orders.

If someone has a working USPS shipping module or advice on this I would be very happy to hear from you...

The issue I am dealing with now is I am not getting international shipping quotes. You can check it out at www.bhajate.com, it is only a test store.

Looking forward to hearing from someone on this... Thanks...

Hey Jim,

Has this been tested to work on CRE or the like of moddified version of OsCommerce? If not and you would like to get that going, I will be willing to help out.

Thanks.

No, and we can't support that here. However, if you want to try it, it should be possible to put MVS on any modified version that is based on osCommerce 2.2 MS2. I've got MVS running on several heavily-modified stores, and I've heard that other people have done it as well.

Good luck with your project.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The new release has an extra phone # feild for this purpose. I did not add it to the email being sent because I wasn't sure that would be the correct place to be able to use it. It is "vendors_phone2" in the database. Not sure how to implement this in the automation of the order placement to the vendor, any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

Craig :)

Some of my vendor don't have email. They prefer to receive a FAX.

It would be nice to be able to decide if Vendor prefers email or Fax.

Thanks,

Luc

anyone know anything about this one? :huh:

Admin > Vendors in this case. You need to completely fill out the address and telephone number for your vendor.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

I installed the MVS and I have to say it was easy and everything is working fine.

One question about MVS and easy populate:

How to give the product in EA a vendor for MVS?

Thanks

Andreas

Hi,

I installed the MVS and I have to say it was easy and everything is working fine.

One question about MVS and easy populate:

How to give the product in EA a vendor for MVS?

Thanks

Andreas

In the old contribution download section, there is a download, MVS_Optoins, that has a version for MVS already added, this version is also available in the EP contrib download section and at one time was being included in the main EP package. This file needs to be updated to make MVS optional, but should work fine with the newest version of MVS.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

In the old contribution download section, there is a download, MVS_Optoins, that has a version for MVS already added, this version is also available in the EP contrib download section and at one time was being included in the main EP package. This file needs to be updated to make MVS optional, but should work fine with the newest version of MVS.

Thank you very much,

I'll go looking for it, and will tell you about the result.

Andreas

Hi Craig,

found it, identified the differences with compare it!, added your modifications to my EA-File and tested it.

>> worked great!

Many thanks,

Andreas

@Craig

I've read somewhere in this thread, that using paypal standard MVS will not recognize if the payment is settled correctly or not - meaning: the e.mail send to the vendor is leaving osCommerce without knowing if payment is made or not.

Is that correct? or is there a fix for that.

If not - what payment processors are handled correctly.

I can not afford to have the item send by the vendor and pay for it myself.

Thank you for an answer.

Andreas

@Craig

I've read somewhere in this thread, that using paypal standard MVS will not recognize if the payment is settled correctly or not - meaning: the e.mail send to the vendor is leaving osCommerce without knowing if payment is made or not.

Is that correct? or is there a fix for that.

If not - what payment processors are handled correctly.

I can not afford to have the item send by the vendor and pay for it myself.

Thank you for an answer.

Andreas

I use PayPal IPN to avoid missing orders and check for payment before notifying the vendor.

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with the catalog/order_history.php and possibly the catalog/order_history_info.php.

When I try to check order history the page won't load.

Firefox gives me this error:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

And Explorer just says:

Service Unavailable

Anyways I have all of my admin/sessions set to false. I didn't want people getting messages about using cookies and being deterred from the site what can I do?

Do I have to force cookies?

Thanks,

Stephanie :(

I use PayPal IPN to avoid missing orders and check for payment before notifying the vendor.

Well that's a possibility, but don't it work automatically?

I don't want to end up busy checking the payment status.

Also I notice that sometimes this error appears

ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED
at the shipping method page when there is no choices?

Steph <_<

Well that's a possibility, but don't it work automatically?

I don't want to end up busy checking the payment status.

it has a separate order status of its own it sets orders paid for with PayPal

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

It does this because if customers do not hit continue and return to your site after paying at PayPal their order isn't entered into your system. This way it records the order before it is paid for at checkout to ensure that you don't miss an order.

I think if the customer completes the order and does return to your site everything will work automatically but if the order is one of those where the customer paid but did not return to the site I think you would have to do it manually.

Stephanie :)

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with the catalog/order_history.php and possibly the catalog/order_history_info.php.

When I try to check order history the page won't load.

Firefox gives me this error:

And Explorer just says:

Anyways I have all of my admin/sessions set to false. I didn't want people getting messages about using cookies and being deterred from the site what can I do?

Do I have to force cookies?

Thanks,

Stephanie :(

I've seen this before on other pages. It was the result of an error in the redirect code that resulted in an endless loop. Firefox is smart enough to pick up on this, but IE is not. Check your edits on that page and any page it redirects to (often itself.)

Regards

Jim