• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hmmm... You can go to the new MVS V1.0 Demo Site and check it out. "Buy" a DVD movie and create an account and checkout, you will see the USPS module giving quotes. The other 2 categories are from 2 other Vendors, you can see what MVS does with the various modules using the system.

I will keep researching the looping issue, but I have not been able to replicate the issue.

Craig :)

I also "rediscovered" the "set service" bug in the fedex module, don't know how that file got in there considering I have the correct one on my test server at home.

If you want to use the fedex module in MVS V1.0, go to catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php line308:

function _setService($service, $vendors_id) {
  $this->service = $service;
}

and replace with:

function _setService($service) {
  $this->service = $service;
}

And that will take care of that. The V1.1 will have it right for sure.

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

hmm heh how close are we till 1.1 is comeing out :P i suspect i have a wierd problem somewhere that installing the updated code might fix hell who knows what my fat fingers might have done to the code when my mind wasnt looking /

I think I should wait till the end of the week in case anything else pops up. We don't want too many additions clogging up the contrib area, it scares some people.

If you want to contact me via PM, I will send you the updated copy I have right via email.

Edited by blucollarguy

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi, All:

First let me say that this contribution is going to solve a lot of problems for our store. It really looks great!

We tried setting up a copy of our store on an alternate domain and installing MVS (0.9 RC4). We had a few hincks (3 instances of "enable Vendoe Shipping" in the Admin box), but everything seems O.K.

We determined that there was something in includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php that was causing an error when it pinged on the USPS server. Specifically, the error was:

"<?xml version="1.0"?> <Error><Number>-2147219093</Number><Source>GetXML;SolServerRates.RateV2_Respond</Source><Description>-2147219093Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. </Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

"

We got two identical errors for each server query, so I think there's something "looping".

O.K., so maybe it's our store. I erased the entire installation from our server, installed a clean OSC version, ran the sql on our database, and downloaded the MVS files (0.9 RC 4). Everything looks great, except we get the same error. If we use the stock OSC ups.php (turning vendor shipping off and reenabling usps), we get quotes. THe Fedex module works fine for MVS - it's just the usps.php module.

Any suggestions?

Jim

hmm according to netfirms they do not offer fsocket....anyone have a suggestion for a decent host?

Check my website for a good host, I have MANY clients there and ALL are very happy.

My URL is in my profile

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hi, All:

First let me say that this contribution is going to solve a lot of problems for our store. It really looks great!

We tried setting up a copy of our store on an alternate domain and installing MVS (0.9 RC4). We had a few hincks (3 instances of "enable Vendoe Shipping" in the Admin box), but everything seems O.K.

We determined that there was something in includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php that was causing an error when it pinged on the USPS server. Specifically, the error was:

"<?xml version="1.0"?> <Error><Number>-2147219093</Number><Source>GetXML;SolServerRates.RateV2_Respond</Source><Description>-2147219093Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. </Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

"

We got two identical errors for each server query, so I think there's something "looping".

O.K., so maybe it's our store. I erased the entire installation from our server, installed a clean OSC version, ran the sql on our database, and downloaded the MVS files (0.9 RC 4). Everything looks great, except we get the same error. If we use the stock OSC ups.php (turning vendor shipping off and reenabling usps), we get quotes. THe Fedex module works fine for MVS - it's just the usps.php module.

Any suggestions?

Jim

This won't necessarily solve your problems(might, might not) but you should use the new MVS. There is a link to it in my signature, I need to post a dummy file in the old contrib page to let people know to go to the new download page. MVS is up V1.0.

The usps module in the old release was not entirely ready for primtime. Also, you won't get much needed information from the "test" mode, I did not put the time in to actually re-writing the request to use the test server, it needs to be a very specific request and it was never set up to work properly by the original author.

You need to have access to the "production" servers from USPS. You can get that by simply telling them(via email or a phone call) that your testing is complete and please authorize you for the "production" server. After that you should get quotes.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Yes, me.

If you do hosting Marc, why don't you have anything on it in your profile? That's silly, send me some info on your dedicated servers if you have any via email.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello,

I installed the contrib yesterday and it worked. Added a few vendors and got:

1146 - Table 'catalog.TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

So I re-installed tonight and still get the same error. I did not re-install the sql. This is on the admin side. Its fine on the catalog side as far as I know. I did not activate it in the admin side yet.

I really need this mod and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

TIA

Hello,

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION

[TEP STOP]

So I re-installed tonight and still get the same error. I did not re-install the sql. This is on the admin side. Its fine on the catalog side as far as I know. I did not activate it in the admin side yet.

TIA

Missing this edit for the admin/includes/database_tables.php:

//MVS start
 define('TABLE_VENDORS', 'vendors');
 define('TABLE_VENDORS_INFO', 'vendors_info');
 define('TABLE_VENDOR_CONFIGURATION', 'vendor_configuration');
 define('TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING', 'orders_shipping');
 define('TABLE_PACKAGING', 'packaging');
  //MVS end

Add that and you'll be ready to go.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello,

[TEP STOP]

TIA

You're missing a line from admin/includes/database_tables.php:

You might want to check that the other MVS lines have been added to that file as well.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You're missing a line from admin/includes/database_tables.php:

You might want to check that the other MVS lines have been added to that file as well.

Regards

Jim

Thanks, that got it.

This is GREAT!!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

New problem :o

I have a vendor that has about 2800+ products. What would be the best way to update this vendor's items? This is the bulk of my store. Is there a way to change all products to this vendor from the default, My Store? I can easily go back and change the ones that don't originate from this vendor.

Thanks!!

New problem :o

I have a vendor that has about 2800+ products. What would be the best way to update this vendor's items? This is the bulk of my store. Is there a way to change all products to this vendor from the default, My Store? I can easily go back and change the ones that don't originate from this vendor.

Thanks!!

I thought about renaming the default, My Store, to this vendor but don't know what unforseen problems this may cause due the differences in zipcodes and shipping rates.

TIA

Hey guys,

Sort of off topic but related I think. Since MVS supports multiple vendors, I was wondering if it would be possible to add products_id and vendor_products_id to orders when you view them in admin and also when you recieve the order email. I have a lot of similar products and it would make it a lot easier to place my vendor orders if I had the products_id and vendor_products_id.

Maybe I am missing something...but in any case can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Stephanie :blink:

I thought about renaming the default, My Store, to this vendor but don't know what unforseen problems this may cause due the differences in zipcodes and shipping rates.

TIA

It's usually best to use Vendor #1 for your largest vendor, whether that is your own store or a drop shipper. This makes the least amount of work when updating the database. The only "unforeseen problem" this will cause is that Vendor #1 is the default for cases where you have setup errors. If you see this vendor where it shouldn't be, check your settings for the other vendors as well. Otherwise there is no problem at all with setting #1 to be an outside vendor.

Regards

Jim

TIA

You can do easily do sql updates to set all of the vendor numbers to 1 or whatever you want. You should be able to change all of the vendor attributes, name, zip to whatever. But if you delete a vendor and the insert it again the vendor_id will change. As far as the shipping modules go you can install and uninstall them, change them whatever. Only the currently installed shipping options will show up for that vendor. What I would do?

Edit the MyStore in the VendorManager to match your main vendor since the default vendor_id is 1.

Then click on the mange button to uninstall any current shipping mods and install the one you want to use for that vendor.

Yo will still have to update or change the other products, but a few will be easier than a lot. :)

TIA

Generally speaking it is a good idea to keep a "default" vendor that basically can't get deleted, you. An easy way to deal with the large product database is to create your new vendor, the one will have most products, and then update the database manually to change the "vendors_id" in the products table to this new vendor. You can do this via a script, or via phpMyAdmin or whatever means you are comfortable with.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Generally speaking it is a good idea to keep a "default" vendor that basically can't get deleted, you. An easy way to deal with the large product database is to create your new vendor, the one will have most products, and then update the database manually to change the "vendors_id" in the products table to this new vendor. You can do this via a script, or via phpMyAdmin or whatever means you are comfortable with.

Good luck, Craig :)

I have my store setup with my main vendor as #1 and I am #4, but I see what you are saying, :) that is a good idea.

Hey guys,

Sort of off topic but related I think. Since MVS supports multiple vendors, I was wondering if it would be possible to add products_id and vendor_products_id to orders when you view them in admin and also when you recieve the order email. I have a lot of similar products and it would make it a lot easier to place my vendor orders if I had the products_id and vendor_products_id.

Maybe I am missing something...but in any case can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Stephanie :blink:

This wouldn't be that difficult. If you look in catalog/checkout_process.php you will find the emails being built. On the admin side, in admin/orders.php.

You could just add the data you want using the current code as a guide, or you could build your own custom email. Your choice.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I have my store setup with my main vendor as #1 and I am #4, but I see what you are saying, :) that is a good idea.

Yeah, I have seen this become an issue with a few clients, deleting Vendors can be a problem with a large database of products.

I have been giving thought to making the default vendor read/update only when it is added, but I'm not sure one can do that very esily since such things are controlled via "user permissions" in mysql.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

It's usually best to use Vendor #1 for your largest vendor, whether that is your own store or a drop shipper. This makes the least amount of work when updating the database. The only "unforeseen problem" this will cause is that Vendor #1 is the default for cases where you have setup errors. If you see this vendor where it shouldn't be, check your settings for the other vendors as well. Otherwise there is no problem at all with setting #1 to be an outside vendor.

Regards

Jim

I took in to consideration which vendor had the type of shipping I wanted to default to. I use the vendor that charges UPS not other unusual things. Just a thought...

Stephanie :)

Yeah, I have seen this become an issue with a few clients, deleting Vendors can be a problem with a large database of products.

I have been giving thought to making the default vendor read/update only when it is added, but I'm not sure one can do that very esily since such things are controlled via "user permissions" in mysql.

You mean like when the default vendor is deleted the next consecutive one becomes the default vendor_id?

A simple script can update all of the vendor numbers though from one to another.

Stephanie

I put up my new store two days ago and today I reworked it all so it would have the full working version of MVS. Now I can't get PWA installed and working, not because of MVS. But other than that the new site is working great, I think...LOL Most items are UPS and the automotive stuff ships at indv.ship rates so you can see the two contribs in action. This is my first foray into PHP, MySQL and osCommerce, I had never used them before, so I am open to suggestions.

tell me what ya think?

http://gr8sale.com

You can see the old html and asp site at:

http://gr8sale.com/index.htm

Thanks

Stephanie

You mean like when the default vendor is deleted the next consecutive one becomes the default vendor_id?

A simple script can update all of the vendor numbers though from one to another.

Stephanie

This would be a maintenance nightmare. If you shift vendor IDs, some or all of your historical data (orders) now point to the wrong vendor, plus you lose the vendor entirely on the orders that now longer point to a current vendor ID. We could have a script check for Vendor #1 and add a dummy vendor if it doesn't exist. It could also add a dummy shipping module, just to make things work properly. Or just post a big error message on all Admin pages screaming about the missing vendor.

I see that everyone has their own ideas about what to use for Vendor #1. Just remember that Vendor #1 is only necessary if you have something mis-configured elsewhere. If all of your settings are correct, then there is really no problem with not having #1 set up. It's mainly there to make debugging easier.

Regards

Jim