• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

OK I have figured out how to get accurate enough quotes using dimensional suport to call this UPSXML part of the contribution almost gamma. I am referring to the newer one I included with the roll-up. All I ended up changing was the order by statement in the packaging query from volume to package_id. For those of you that I just lost, it goes like this, I was getting whacked out quotes from UPS because this contrib always chose the longest box to pack thing's in which caused UPS to send back qoutes for OVERSIZED packages. Once I changed the order by parameter it started choosing boxes that made more sense. Still not perfect but better by far.

JanZ I also found out that the weight problem was being caused by the packaging info. I don't know who set those weights for empty boxes but Jeesh! give us a break will ya!

This is the line of code that I am referring to:

CODE$packages_query = tep_db_query("select *, (package_length * package_width * package_height) as volume from " . TABLE_PACKAGING . " order by volume;");

I changed it to this:

CODE$packages_query = tep_db_query("select *, (package_length * package_width * package_height) as volume from " . TABLE_PACKAGING . " order by package_id;");

I am now resetting all info in the packaging table to more realistic weights and costs and then I want to make it so the packaging info can also be vendor specific.

Edited by HallMarc

By the way Craig, if you need copies of any of my files to look at im happy to post them or mail them to you. If you need a guinea pig who has just dived right into installing this in a live store rather than double installing into a test shop and then into a live shop (Optimistic or foolish? Maybe both!) - please feel free to ask away. I believe the functionality inherent in this mod is essential and should be oScommerce core. Im looking forward to having it in my store and running with it as it will solve so many problems and issues for me. A few small bugs along the way are part of the process with any MOD, let alone such a complex one as this.

Fantastic work guys and thanks for responding to my initial queries.

Im over it. Hunted, compared, hunted, compared. All my files are identical to the RC5 release package, SQL all good, but no matter what i do i cannot get the final order total to include the shipping tax.

I have no standard shipping modules enabled whatsoever. One flat table rate installed via Vendor shipping and thats it. Have compared every file in the package and all look good, but still no tax on shipping.

Any ideas anyone?

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

Im over it. Hunted, compared, hunted, compared. All my files are identical to the RC5 release package, SQL all good, but no matter what i do i cannot get the final order total to include the shipping tax.

I have no standard shipping modules enabled whatsoever. One flat table rate installed via Vendor shipping and thats it. Have compared every file in the package and all look good, but still no tax on shipping.

Any ideas anyone?

I know this may seem like a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway; did you set a tax rate for the state or location of the clients ship to address?

Also, I've seen posted somewherre that RC5 was buggy and not to use it.

I know this may seem like a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway; did you set a tax rate for the state or location of the clients ship to address?

Also, I've seen posted somewherre that RC5 was buggy and not to use it.

Hi HallMarc,

Thanks for the response. Yes my tax classes are very simple - one tax rate covers everything - 10%GST. Everything is taxed via this rate and all my zones are linked to this rate. This rate is used for goods and freight alike and all my zones and my shipping module have it linked.

Hmmmmm....ill maybe downgrade back to RC4 - i dont think there were many changes anyway but worth a try.

Cheers & thanks.

Never fails.

Every time.

Hi HallMarc,

Thanks for the response. Yes my tax classes are very simple - one tax rate covers everything - 10%GST. Everything is taxed via this rate and all my zones are linked to this rate. This rate is used for goods and freight alike and all my zones and my shipping module have it linked.

Hmmmmm....ill maybe downgrade back to RC4 - i dont think there were many changes anyway but worth a try.

Cheers & thanks.

You mean you set tax rates for each state? Or do you have a contribution that applies a tax globally? If so let me know about it!

You mean you set tax rates for each state? Or do you have a contribution that applies a tax globally? If so let me know about it!

Hi HallMarc,

No i have taxes set up as:

Tax Zones:

Australia:

-VIC

-NSW

-ETC etc one for each state.

Tax Classes: Taxable goods - GST

TAX Rates:

Class Title - Taxable goods

Zone Australia

Rate 10%

Description: GST PAID

And that used to cover me for everything. Not sure whats happened now!

Cheers

Never fails.

Every time.

Hi HallMarc,

No i have taxes set up as:

Tax Zones:

Australia:

-VIC

-NSW

-ETC etc one for each state.

Tax Classes: Taxable goods - GST

TAX Rates:

Class Title - Taxable goods

Zone Australia

Rate 10%

Description: GST PAID

And that used to cover me for everything. Not sure whats happened now!

Cheers

Ok hoping someone can throw me a bone here. I have had a fool around with the zones as per HallMarcs suggestion and no joy.

Noticed a couple of odd things:

1. I display my products prices inc tax. My tax wont show unless i have a Tax zone set to "all countries all zones"

2. I have a Tax Zone Australia with each of the states listed under it also.

My Taxable goods class is set up in Tax rates as: GST, 10%, ALL COUNTRIES, ALL ZONES - if i change this to AUSTRALIA only Zone (which it should be) my product listings stop showing tax.????

Either i have my zones set up wrong or something funny is going on in my code.

My MVS shipping is still showing ex Tax on the checkout confirmation page - can anyone tell me if this is controlled via the shipping module itself (flat.php) through OT_SHIPPING, or via another file?

Any pointers appreciated!

'Yes Mum i know im getting grey hairs"

Never fails.

Every time.

Glad to see things going so well! Actually, we're doing a whole re-write of the entire osC shipping module system while trying to incorporate individual shipping module contributions (ie UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc). The idea around this is to use MVS architecture and its functionality while utilizing a number of streaming shipping interfaces. We'll drop you a note sometime soon as to our progress. At the moment, we're finishing up a robust, admin-side search engine (incorporates orders, customers, and virtually every related dbase field).

Right now, we're speaking with both UPS and FedEx directly about integrating APIs to populate the order tracking field we've installed. Do you have any experience with API at this stage using MVS? Basically, we'll be using API technology to automatically populate tracking numbers and offer real-time rates for UPS and FedEx (DHL is still a question mark for us, as we aren't a big fan of them as a carrier). Meanwhile, we are building a vendor-based zipcode origin for UPS/FedEx calculations. I believe you have successfully upgraded your codebase with this functionality, but we haven't taken a look lately at it yet.

If no one has done it yet, we intend to release the ziporigin by vendor as a unique add-on contribution to the osC community. As we all know, the default osC engine is designed around a STOCKING retailer shipping from one location. However, we all know how fast the B2B online retailer marketplace has evolved. ;)

JIM.... great work! Keep it up. Both you and Craig are doing a phenomenal job on this contrib. It seems like such a valuable (universal) add-on that the osC Dev team may want to consider it for MS3. Have they been approached?

MVS does exactly this already. One installs each module on a per Vendor basis. The "product origin" is the Vendor's address, which one sets up via the admin. The modules do need to be modified to work with MVS, but this is working very well for many folks on live stores.

It sounds like you are working on duplicating MVS, you really should take a good look at what Jim and I have gotten done. Install MVS on a test site and see what it can do. I suggest working with RC4 in combination with the rollup(the second one posted) and play around with it. I think you will be pleased. Jim was able to break thru the loops that had been killing me. He did a great job. I can't guess how long it would have taken me to finally work it out myself without his help. And since then, he's stuck around and continues to support what we've done. Unlike so many others who tried to help me early on, he has stuck around.

We all owe Jim a great deal of gratitude.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Ok hoping someone can throw me a bone here. I have had a fool around with the zones as per HallMarcs suggestion and no joy.

Noticed a couple of odd things:

1. I display my products prices inc tax. My tax wont show unless i have a Tax zone set to "all countries all zones"

2. I have a Tax Zone Australia with each of the states listed under it also.

My Taxable goods class is set up in Tax rates as: GST, 10%, ALL COUNTRIES, ALL ZONES - if i change this to AUSTRALIA only Zone (which it should be) my product listings stop showing tax.????

Either i have my zones set up wrong or something funny is going on in my code.

My MVS shipping is still showing ex Tax on the checkout confirmation page - can anyone tell me if this is controlled via the shipping module itself (flat.php) through OT_SHIPPING, or via another file?

Any pointers appreciated!

'Yes Mum i know im getting grey hairs"

I am trying to duplicate your setup and see if I can figure out what the problem is. Give me a little time and let's see what I can come up with.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I am trying to duplicate your setup and see if I can figure out what the problem is. Give me a little time and let's see what I can come up with.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for that most appreciated. Im not sure why the tax thing all of a sudden. I have always run my shop with the two tax zones - one set as all countries, all zones, and the other set as Australia with all the subzones for the states set below it. Never seemed right to me but it worked with standard modules so i left it.

All my taxes on both goods and shipping are all linked to the Taxable goods rate.

Bit of an odd bod one this. I got the shipping tax to show by applying the change i mentioned further back to the Vendor shipping page. Only trouble is it doesnt carry that tax to the Checkout confirmation page. I believe the subtotal & total functions are OK as if i change order values and things they are adding up OK. It appears to be either something in the flat.php shipping module or maybe ot_shipping.php that isnt following through with the shipping tax.

Ill have a sniff around - i remember seeing a rough hack in the forums somewhere relating to tax that might fix it. But if you caome up with any ideas i am only too happy to hear them.

Cheers and thanks for taking the time to look at my gripes.

Never fails.

Every time.

Ok folks, here is a fix for the checking out without a shipping method being selected, that should cover each Vendor that may be in the cart.

The code we had been working with, in catalog->checkout_payment.php, I added some code:

// MVS
 //if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
if ($cart->content_type !== 'virtual') {
if (!isset($shipping[title])) {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 }
 }//MVS end

This worked, but did not cover the reality of multiple Vendors, with only one Vendor missing a shipping option which allowed the customer to checkout without paying for shipping for one or more of the products.

So now, we need to change that entire piece of code to this:

// MVS
 //if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
if ($cart->content_type !== 'virtual') {
if (count($shipping['vendor']) != count($cart->vendor_shipping)) {
 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED_MORE, 'SSL'));
	}
} //MVS end

This will compare the number of Vendors involved in the order to number of shipping titles selected by the customer, if they are not the same, they will be sent back to checkout_shipping to with a message to select a shipping method.

For the message itself, open catalog->includes->languages->'THE LANG. file OF YOUR CHOICE' and add:

define('ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED', '* You must select a shipping method for each group of products,');
define('ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED_MORE', ' if none is available, please contact ' . STORE_NAME . ' at ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

You can edit these lines as you see fit of course. If anyone finds any difficulty with this, please let me know, but I beleive this will solve this issue. The only other possibilty will be when there is a GV in the basket as well as real products, it may create some strange behavior, I will play around with this as much as I can.

Gee inm punishing this board the last few days. Ok while im at it thought i would throw in this fix - with some interesting results:

I get the big red error header at the top of the page for sure - but nothing in it. The error msg is actually shown in ths URL though!!?? As so:

/checkout_shipping.php?error_message=*%20You%20must%20select%20a%20shipping%20method%20for%20each%20group%20of%20products%20if%20none%20is%20available,%20please%20contact%20BozCorp%20Tech%20at%[email protected]]https://secure5.myownserver.net/~bozcorpt/c...corptech.com.au[/url]

???? interesting - no idea what the deal is there thought this would be a quick code change! Also the module which i have available (flat rate) has been pulled ok and appears - the price is there but the little check box is missing and when i go to 'continue' to payment it comes up with the error above that no shipment method has been selected - but it cant because the box isnt there.

?????

Edited by Bozmium

Never fails.

Every time.

Gee inm punishing this board the last few days. Ok while im at it thought i would throw in this fix - with some interesting results:

I get the big red error header at the top of the page for sure - but nothing in it. The error msg is actually shown in ths URL though!!?? As so:

/checkout_shipping.php?error_message=*%20You%20must%20select%20a%20shipping%20method%20for%20each%20group%20of%20products%20if%20none%20is%20available,%20please%20contact%20BozCorp%20Tech%20at%[email protected]]https://secure5.myownserver.net/~bozcorpt/c...corptech.com.au[/url]

???? interesting - no idea what the deal is there thought this would be a quick code change! Also the module which i have available (flat rate) has been pulled ok and appears - the price is there but the little check box is missing and when i go to 'continue' to payment it comes up with the error above that no shipment method has been selected - but it cant because the box isnt there.

?????

Ok i have reverted back to the original code and removed the modification above. I have also figured out the tax zones and managed to get them simplified again to what (i think) they should be:

Tax Zones:

Australia-

- VIC

- NSW

-TAS

-ETC ETC

All good - prices in catalogue finally playing the game. All countries/allzones Tax zone has been 'disposed' of humanely, so the only zone i have now is the AUS one above. (which is all i want for the moment).

I have Tax Zone - Australia linked to TAX Class Taxable goods at Tax rate 10%.

I have no standard Shipping modules enabled whatsoever - i have two vendors set up. I have vendor emails off as they dont interest me at the moment. The default vendor is set up as my store as that is where default products will come from - i have only updated the details.

I have one Vendor Shipping method installed (flat rate.php). I have updated one item with this vendor to use as my test item and taken it through the process.

Managed to get the shipping tax to show on the shipping page (earlier post) so thats cool. The flat rate module is pulled OK as the only option as such:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Flat Rate

TESTING TESTING - NO ONLINE ORDERING AVAILABLE PENDING UPGRADES $55.00

Beautiful just what we want to see. Now it gets ugly. The checkout without selecting shipping mods above resulted in some bizarre behaviour so i took them back out. I hit continue to go to payment - all good - payment modules pulled as expected - continue to checkout confirmation:

No shipping module, shipping price or shipping tax at all. Looks like the module hasnt been activated or 'selected' in the checkout shipping stage. Looks like if there is only one option it isnt activating the default selection for it.

??????? Hehehe sorry if this is filling up the board this is me thinking out loud and hoping to snag any passing suggestions.

Cheers

Never fails.

Every time.

....The checkout without selecting shipping mods above resulted in some bizarre behaviour so i took them back out. I hit continue to go to payment - all good - payment modules pulled as expected - continue to checkout confirmation:

No shipping module, shipping price or shipping tax at all. Looks like the module hasnt been activated or 'selected' in the checkout shipping stage. Looks like if there is only one option it isnt activating the default selection for it.....

It sounds like you have a problem in the top of checkout_shipping.php. This is where the data gets assembled and all of the variables set to be sent to checkout_payment.php. MVS makes quite a few changes in this area -- make sure you didn't miss one. An error in the Cart class is also a possibility.

The code that you posted for blocking checkout without selecting shipping will not work correctly in all cases. The following code should work:

// MVS
//if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') { // This test only works under MVS
if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
}
 }
// MVS end

Good luck with your debugging.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

It sounds like you have a problem in the top of checkout_shipping.php. This is where the data gets assembled and all of the variables set to be sent to checkout_payment.php. MVS makes quite a few changes in this area -- make sure you didn't miss one. An error in the Cart class is also a possibility.

The code that you posted for blocking checkout without selecting shipping will not work correctly in all cases. The following code should work:

// MVS
//if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
}
 }
// MVS end

Good luck with your debugging.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that. Can you confirm for me that this code goes in the top of checkout_payment.php after the standard shipping check? As so:

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {

}

// MVS

}

}

// MVS end

Ill keep grinding through and if i find anything outrageous be sure to let the board know. Ill double check my file as you suggested but i think they are as supplied in the package.

Cheers

Never fails.

Every time.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that. Can you confirm for me that this code goes in the top of checkout_payment.php after the standard shipping check? As so:

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {

}

// MVS

}

}

// MVS end

Ill keep grinding through and if i find anything outrageous be sure to let the board know. Ill double check my file as you suggested but i think they are as supplied in the package.

Cheers

Ok - tried your snippet Jim - no joy - same wierd error - error bar appears - nothing in it and the warning msg appears in the URL - go figure.

Compared my classes/Shopping_cart.php with that included in the package - identical. There appears to be a few mods pertaining to $products_id = tep_get_prid($products_id_string); which arent mentioned in the install but do differ from the original so i also included those - no change.

Checkout shipping is identical to that included in the package. Cant get the shipping module to activate or 'select and appear in checkout confirmation.

Hmmmmm

Edited by Bozmium

Never fails.

Every time.

Ok - tried your snippet Jim - no joy - same wierd error - error bar appears - nothing in it and the warning msg appears in the URL - go figure.

Compared my classes/Shopping_cart.php with that included in the package - identical. There appears to be a few mods pertaining to $products_id = tep_get_prid($products_id_string); which arent mentioned in the install but do differ from the original so i also included those - no change.

Checkout shipping is identical to that included in the package. Cant get the shipping module to activate or 'select and appear in checkout confirmation.

Hmmmmm

Aha! Always something stupid isnt it - in the modules/vendors shipping/flat.php i found it was missing line 23:

$this->code = 'flat';

How many hours did that little piece of code cost? GRRRRR. :blink:

Anyway that gets the module pulling up properly through to Checkout_confirmation - now - where has the shipping tax gone? heheheh we will get there yet! Still showing tax on product only - shipping still being shown ex tax despite being set as 'Taxable goods'. Fooling with setting seperate shipping tax zones as per some other forum suggestions but so far no joy.

Never fails.

Every time.

Aha! Always something stupid isnt it - in the modules/vendors shipping/flat.php i found it was missing line 23:

$this->code = 'flat';

How many hours did that little piece of code cost? GRRRRR. :blink:

Anyway that gets the module pulling up properly through to Checkout_confirmation - now - where has the shipping tax gone? heheheh we will get there yet! Still showing tax on product only - shipping still being shown ex tax despite being set as 'Taxable goods'. Fooling with setting seperate shipping tax zones as per some other forum suggestions but so far no joy.

Im ready to give up. I have tried setting up shipping zones, classes & rates and applying them in a thousand different combinations. I have managed to fix the issue on the checkout shipping page but tax is still not being carried to the checkout confirmation page - so close yet so far! :huh:

As so:

Products (Edit)

1 x 2500mAH Rechargeable AA NiMH Batteries - Cased 12 Pack $40.00

Sub-Total: $40.00

TESTING TESTING - Flat rate: $55.00

Total: $95.00

GST PAID: $3.64 (incorrect should be $8.64)

Have tried enabling taxes, disabling taxes, fiddling the OT files, changing the order total sort order and applying hacks found in the forums but all to no avail.

My head hurts and im going to burst a vein in my eye so might look at this tomorrow.

(w00t)

Never fails.

Every time.

Im ready to give up. I have tried setting up shipping zones, classes & rates and applying them in a thousand different combinations. I have managed to fix the issue on the checkout shipping page but tax is still not being carried to the checkout confirmation page - so close yet so far! :huh:

As so:

Products (Edit)

1 x 2500mAH Rechargeable AA NiMH Batteries - Cased 12 Pack $40.00

Sub-Total: $40.00

TESTING TESTING - Flat rate: $55.00

Total: $95.00

GST PAID: $3.64 (incorrect should be $8.64)

Have tried enabling taxes, disabling taxes, fiddling the OT files, changing the order total sort order and applying hacks found in the forums but all to no avail.

My head hurts and im going to burst a vein in my eye so might look at this tomorrow.

(w00t)

Woohoo! After a bit of further testing this MVS addon rocks. Does exactly what i needed it to do. Many thanks to the authors!

Still stuck on the whole Total tax showing without the shipping tax included - which is starting to fool with my head - all else appears to be OK.

Have tried a number of tweaks hack and variations but still no joy! I figure it is something to do with the OT_Shipping.php or more likely the OT_TAX.php file but as i know just enough to be dangerous i have no idea where to start looking.

If there is anyone with any experience or knowledge in how to tweak the total tax showing on the checkout confirmation page any input would be met with fawning gratitude and ill take the rope down off the rafter!

Thanks authors - good mod - hope they make it core - would love to hear any suggestions on the Tax issue if you read this.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Never fails.

Every time.

Woohoo! After a bit of further testing this MVS addon rocks. Does exactly what i needed it to do. Many thanks to the authors!

Still stuck on the whole Total tax showing without the shipping tax included - which is starting to fool with my head - all else appears to be OK.

Have tried a number of tweaks hack and variations but still no joy! I figure it is something to do with the OT_Shipping.php or more likely the OT_TAX.php file but as i know just enough to be dangerous i have no idea where to start looking.

If there is anyone with any experience or knowledge in how to tweak the total tax showing on the checkout confirmation page any input would be met with fawning gratitude and ill take the rope down off the rafter!

Thanks authors - good mod - hope they make it core - would love to hear any suggestions on the Tax issue if you read this.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Well well - now theres an odd one - if i go to shop configuration and set "Display prices with tax" to false - and then run my order through - blow me down the Total tax module is working and shows the correct tax. Unfortunately this doesnt help much as it means everything else is shown ex tax - but its a start - anyone seen this before?

(w00t)

Never fails.

Every time.

Well well - now theres an odd one - if i go to shop configuration and set "Display prices with tax" to false - and then run my order through - blow me down the Total tax module is working and shows the correct tax. Unfortunately this doesnt help much as it means everything else is shown ex tax - but its a start - anyone seen this before?

(w00t)

I was fiddling with my installation last night and about tore my hair out until I did the same thing, turned off "Show prices with tax". Et voila, the prices looked correct finally. I did some quick calculator work and realized that the final price has always been correct. It just didn't look that way becuase the prices for each item were being displayed with the tax already added in!

IE.

Display w/ tax ON

Item # 1 32.40

Item # 2 227.29

Shipping 7.00

Tax 19.24

Total 266.69

Display w/ tax OFF

Item # 1 30.00

Item # 2 210.45

Shipping 7.00

Tax 19.24

Total 266.69

Now, in these examples, no tax is being added for shipping.

Edited by HallMarc

Can anyone assist me with integrating the "Store Pick Up" module with MVS?

I attempted to load the spu.php into /catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping... but it blows up when "manage" is choosen from Vendors...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sort_order() in /www/t/trailforgeco/htdocs/commerce/catalog/admin/vendor_modules.php on line 140

Can anyone assist me with integrating the "Store Pick Up" module with MVS?

I attempted to load the spu.php into /catalog/includes/modules/vendor_shipping... but it blows up when "manage" is choosen from Vendors...

I have seen this error a few times and am having a hard time remembering what exactly causes it.

However, try this; around line 45 of catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/spu.php, replace the whole

function sort_order with

function sort_order($vendors_id='1') 
			   { $sort_order = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_SPU_SORT_ORDER_' . $vendors_id;
				 if (defined($sort_order)) 
				 	{ $this->sort_order = constant($sort_order);
					} 
				 else 
				 	{ $this->sort_order = '-';
					}
				 return $this->sort_order;
			   }

This also corrects the issue where the sort order was always showing as 0 when it wasn't installed.

You can use the same sort_order function above for all the vendors_shipping modules as long as you make sure the constant "MODULE_SHIPPING_SPU_SORT_ORDER_" is named properly.

ie in catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php it would read "MODULE_SHIPPING_UPSXML_SORT_ORDER_"

Ok last desperate call for help.

I have managed to get my shipping tax issues mostly sorted by simply hardcoding multiplication factors into the variables in classes/order.php as such:

Line 158-160

'shipping_method' => $shipping['title'],

'shipping_cost' => $shipping['cost']*1.10,

'shipping_tax' => $shipping['cost']/11,

Its rough but gives me the figures i need in my checkout confirmation page EXCEPT FOR THE SHIPPING TAX PAID BEING INCLUDED IN THE TAX FIGURE I.E.

Sub-Total: $9.00 (correct)

Express Post: $55.00 (correct)

Total: $64.00 (correct)

GST Paid: $0.82 (WRONG WRONG WRONG - this is product only i.e. 10% on $9.00 - wheres the $5 from the shipping?)

This used to work! GRRRRRR

Now on line 258 in classes/order.php is this line:

$products_tax = $this->products[$index]['tax'];

which appears to be controlling the final tax figure for the total. For love nor money i cannot find the appropriate way to force this to also include the shipping tax.

IF ANYONE, INCLUDING THE AUTHORS WOULD HAVE ANY HACK, TWEAK OR KNOW WHICH STRING TO MANIPULATE TO THIS CALL TO GET THE SHIPPING TAX TO ADD I WOULD FOREVER GRATEFUL!!

You would also be letting me get back into business! Unfortunately i am obliged to show all GST on an order by law - so until i fix this - im off the air and out of business.

Everything else is fantastic! Great mod which has improved my systems greatly - except for this one minor irritating point with the shipping tax.

Hoping pathetically for a knowledgable suggestion.

Cheers!

:(

Never fails.

Every time.

Now on line 258 in classes/order.php is this line:

That line calculates the tax for the products, not for shipping. Shipping is done elsewhere.

I would start working backwards from the totals, since you know that tax is not being included there. The appropriate code is the ot_shipping.php module. I think that this code could be key (line 50):

if (tep_not_null($order->info['shipping_method'])) {

Check to see that $order->info['shipping_method'] is being set. It may not be; this variable makes no sense when there are multiple vendors, so we may not be getting it set properly. If it is, then check that the rest of the code in that method is executing properly. The $module variable in the code above this line is also a potential problem. If all of this checks out, then work back to the module to see if the shipping tax rate is getting set.

If I can find some time, I'll try setting my test store to tax shipping and see if I can track it down.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

That line calculates the tax for the products, not for shipping. Shipping is done elsewhere.

I would start working backwards from the totals, since you know that tax is not being included there. The appropriate code is the ot_shipping.php module. I think that this code could be key (line 50):

if (tep_not_null($order->info['shipping_method'])) {

Check to see that $order->info['shipping_method'] is being set. It may not be; this variable makes no sense when there are multiple vendors, so we may not be getting it set properly. If it is, then check that the rest of the code in that method is executing properly. The $module variable in the code above this line is also a potential problem. If all of this checks out, then work back to the module to see if the shipping tax rate is getting set.

If I can find some time, I'll try setting my test store to tax shipping and see if I can track it down.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I have checked the line you mentioned in OT_Shipping and it is indeed correct as you indicated. In fact i have compared all my OT files with original Oscommerce files and they are among the few to have escaped unmodded so they are bog standard oscommerce.

I have compared all my files from the RC4 rollup package with what i have installed and all match the package.

With regards to this line in classes/orders

I realise this is adding product tax only (and doing it correctly) is there a rough hack to tell it to add shipping tax i.e

$products_tax = $this->products[$index]['tax']+$shipping_tax[blah blah blah];

I have tried a few different combinations but had little joy.

For the moment i may just have to live with it and put a note saying GST figure does not include shipping as i really have to get my shop back online but it is something i will have to come back to.

Apart from that - smashing Mod Jim thanks for your hard work!

Cheers

Never fails.

Every time.