osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 8:56 PM, Demitry said:

@kymation

Jim,

Do you have a code patch to make this BS Edge compatible? Thanks.

So, I finally got around to playing with BS Edge on my local server.  I'd like to install MVS as it is critical for my live store.

Has anyone at all done this.... or can anyone point me to what may need to be updated?  Thanks all!

@phi148 hi Bill,

I found this MVS addon updated for osC 2.3.4 ..however, I have not installed it yet and am not sure what's involved in upgrading it to BS Edge.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/w3a2E&mvs-v1-0

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

• 1 month later...

@kymation

hey Jim,

I've installed MVS v1.3 and updated it for my BS Edge site on PHP7.1.29 and I keep having an issue with getting logged out and redirected to the login page a few seconds after clicking the Continue button on the checkout_shipping.php page. So basically, it never loads the checkout_payment.php page. It just logs me out and sends me to the login.php page. When I log back in the items in the cart are still there and nothing has changed. It could be a sessions issue, but I'm not sure.

I also have PWA and Get 1 Free addons installed. I've searched and tried various tests but nothing is working. When switching off MVS, the checkout_payment.php page loads.

Do you know what could be the issue? and could you point me in the right direction? thanks.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

@kymation

yep, I think it's a sessions issue. I just looked at my error_log and this is what I'm getting:

[08-Feb-2018 03:08:40 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Failed to decode session object. Session has been destroyed in /home/..../public_html/dev2/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

I set Recreate Session to false and the problem still exists. Could this be a Unicode (utf8) issue? I'm not even sure how to check for that?

I looked at the sessions directives in my php.ini file but cannot tell if any of them would cause this issue. Do you know if there is one that could cause this problem?,.. I mean I can get to that checkout_payment.php page when MVS is disabled.

Definitely a session issue, and due to one of the changes that MVS has made. However, I've never seen this before, and I have no idea where to start looking. It's probably in the top part of checkout_shipping.php, if that's any help.

I'll try to figure this out, but I'm sick right now and not thinking too clearly.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@kymation

you and me both,.. I just caught a cold today. rushed to the store for OJ, zink, and coldeeze. ..been eating them by the hand-full. lol

I've attached a copy of that checkout_shipping.php page. I was also having a bit of trouble with the structure between lines 201 and 218. MVS v1.3 and BS Edge are structured differently and I think I got it right. Please let me know if I did not. However, I don't think this part of the code is what's causing the session issue.

checkout_shipping.php

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed the lated MVS for 2.3.4 and have the exact same issue reported few times since 10 years here about:

Shipping tax not being added to total tax on the checkout_confirmation page which prevents  from using this fantastic ADD-ON

when prices are set to show taxes:

Has eventually someone succeeded in resolving this issue ??

Here are the messages on checkout confirmation for following example order total:

Sous-Total: CHF 39.00
Best Way: CHF 5.00
Total TVA incluse: CHF 44.00
Tva 7.7%: CHF 2.79

Vat is added correctly to Subtotal, shipping and total, BUT not on total vat, that should be 3.15 not 2.75 !!

Of course the module has apply tax on shipping true.

Shipping Method: Best WayArray
(
    [2] => Array
        (
            [weight] => 0
            [cost] => 36.2117
            [qty] => 1
            [ship_cost] => 0
            [products_id] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 3533
                )

)

)

Vendor Shipping: true
Array Vendor Shipping:

Array
(
    [id] => 
    [title] => Best Way
    [cost] => 4.6425255
    [shipping_tax_total] => 0.3574744635
    [vendor] => Array
        (
            [2] => Array
                (
                    [id] => item_item
                    [title] => Best Way
                    [ship_tax] => 0.3574744635
                    [products] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => 3533
                        )

[cost] => 4.6425255
                )

)

)

Vendor Count: 1
Cart Vendor Count: 1
Orders ID:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further I referr to Posted March 17, 2006  : 818132 tracking on same issue

print 'Shipping Method: ' . $order->info['shipping_method']; in ot_shipping

The  method is there but, I  admit I dont know at all how to change the code to check otherwise for the $module string ...

Do I have to change $odrer with $module or place the same code somewhere else ??

Thanks so much if someone has found how to resolve the above important matter and is willing to share.

Best regards

david

I am a newbie and want to know if this is where I can ask for help for MVS loaded on OScommernce Edge? If not please don't get upset and please provide a link that points to the correct thread.

Thank you,

Ray

Edited by ralgiere

@ralgiere  This is the right place to ask. Ask away!

However, please note that MVS was coded for an older version of osCommerce, so you can't just replace files with the ones in the MVS package. You will need to compare the files (using a file comparison tool such as Meld) and patch your existing files. It's a fairly big Addon to install, so take your time and check your work.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim.

First, thank so much for letting me know I can get help here. I have installed the basic download for Edge with NO changes and nothing else on it. I want to get Edge working with MVS first and then make other changes to the site. I have a friend that is going the help me, and he asked if anyone has a copy of the MVS with changes for Edge? Has anyone accomplished the code changes to MVS to work on edge and if so is there a place that I can get the updated code of MVS as a starting point?

7 hours ago, kymation said:

If you read up a few posts in this thread, @phi148 was working on this last month. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Regards

Jim

I do have it operational after working with @Demitry on merging all the changes in.  I think that Demitry may have been packaging up the changes to post an update to the community.  I'm not sure if he has that ready yet or not.

If not, it just takes patience, testing and merging ... but it does work :)

I think MVS should be part of the base OSCommerce package in my opinion!

@ralgiere@phi148@kymation

Ray, Bill, Jim,

I have done a lot of work to this module to get it fixed, improved, and adapted to BS Edge as well as PHP7.1, however, almost three weeks back my laptop hard-drive died. I just got my new laptop a few days ago and have been working on getting everything back to what I had. This means that the BS Edge release of this addon will take a bit more time. Luckily I had most of my stuff backed up, ...but not everything. Though the most updated files for this addon are on my test server and I will be able to repackage them along with screenshots and much more.

The problem I ran into that I could not resolve, before my laptop hard-drive crashed, was that upon proceeding to the checkout_payment.php page, the system would end the session and log me out of my account landing me on the login.php page. I had not resolved this problem and will need to before completing the new release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And Bill, Thank you for your help on this module, as well as for saying that this MVS addon should be a standard part of every osCommerce release. I wish more people would make an issue of this, perhaps eventually it will not fall on deaf ears. Thumbs up to you for that!

Demitry

• 3 weeks later...

MVS for v2.3.4 BS EDGE is now available!

Please note that this is for BS Edge ONLY

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Apps&lsS4c&mvs-for-v2-3-4-bs-edge

Edited by Demitry

OK, I know I am going to get my butt kicked. Can someone PLEASE direct me to the correct thread/forum where  I can ask questions about changing Edge to look like my site?

Edited by ralgiere

@kymation

Hey Jim,

I noticed something that I'd like to fix. When checking out, the MVS system works as it should and selects the radio button for the cheapest shipping method for each vendor. However, after proceeding and then going back to that checkout_shipping.php page, no shipping methods are selected for any of the vendors. Any way to resolve this? Thanks.