• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Jim,

You're absolutely right!! I was looking in the wrong place, under Admin>Modules.

I appreciate the code and I will add it shortly. However, I'm still baffled as to why some items do not display shipping carriers or rates and others do. I'll keep digging and post back. Thanks.

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

Check whether your products are assigned to the correct vendor. The software assigns a product to Vendor #1 as a default, but that may not be what you intended.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim, you're awesome!!! Thank you so much for your help! You totally rocked on finding the issue.

ok, so here is an update on my situation.

First of all, I was completely wrong about the shipping modules somehow getting uninstalled. I was looking in the wrong place (Admin>Modules>Shipping) and made an error in my assumption.

I added the email script to that /includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php file, but I think the condition was counting the number of items in the cart instead of the number of shipping quotes. So I changed it to:

if (count($quotes) == 0) {

..and moved the entire thing down some, under the following line so that I could add $products['products_name'] to the email text to identify any product with this issue of not having shipping rate quotes. It was line 118 in my file.

$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

I tested it and it works great!

Also, I did as you suggested and went into the product page for one of the products I was having problems with, and the selected vendor was “Certificates,” which of course does not have any shipping vendors. Hence, this was the source of my problem.

So I changed it to the correct vendor and saved it. Everything was fine until I went back into that product page for editing again. The Certificates were automatically selected as the Products Vendors default again, because it is the first item in that dropdown menu. Is there a way to keep the set Vendor value in the dropdown menu for that product instead of having to remember to change it every time you save a product page?

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

I had a feeling there was something wrong with the code I posted. It's been a while shice I looked at the MVS code, so my menmory of it is a bit fuzzy. At least you found the right spot.

The vendor shown on the pulldown in categories.php should show whatever is in the database. Check your edits for that page. The pulldown should be near line 549:

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_VENDORS; ?></td>
            <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('vendors_id', $vendors_array, $pInfo->vendors_id); ?></td>

and the data from the database (vendors_id) is in the query near line 413:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.vendors_prod_id, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.vendors_product_price, p.products_weight, p.vendors_prod_comments, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.vendors_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Regards

Jim

Jim,

That was exactly the issue! The DB query was missing all the vendor info.

p.vendors_prod_id, p.vendors_product_price, p.vendors_prod_comments, p.vendors_id

And I even know when I overwrote that query. It was recently when I updated the Header Tags SEO to v3.3.3

So, I added those vendor attributes back and tested it and all works great! The Products Vendors dropdown menu is now retaining its set value on page load.

I will probably need to go through and check all of the MVS changes ..at least for the /admin/categories.php page. There were a lot of changes to that page for the Header Tags SEO contribution and I'm sure I likely overwrote other MVS changes.

I also added another email script in /includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php after the following line:

if (isset($quotes[$i]['error'])) {

and changed the condition to

if ($quotes[$i]['error'] != '') {

in order to get notified when one of the shipping modules is displaying an error. This was another recent occurrence with UPS, though unrelated to my original issue. Because there is no way of knowing if a shipping carrier displays an error at checkout, other than doing a test checkout yourself, this email notification is perfect!

Thanks again for all your help! You were right on point!

Demitry

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&amp;geo=US&amp;q=oscommerce

Unfortunately MVS is still pretty old code and not at all modular. I would like to rewrite it to make it more modern, but I never seem to have the time. Someday....

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Old code does not mean that it's bad code. MVS contribution is one of the better ones on OSC. It's functional and I think most if not all of the bugs have been worked out. It is the only solution I know of for managing drop shipping vendors.

As for upgrading to a newer version of OSC, I am really not looking forward to that nightmare with so many customized scripts. I'm not a developer so I still struggle with div tag structures and am not at all a fan of heavy javascript use, which is a big part of the new OSC platform. Plus, I am not sure if the new version of OSC is mobile responsive or not. The last time I looked, it was not, which means duplicate files for the mobile version - that is what I am doing now with MS2.2.

When the time comes to upgrade, I will look at another ecom platform with my long-list of must-haves and evaluate the amount of subbed developer work required to complete that list.

Demitry

Edited by Demitry

That old code is not necessarily bad, but it is a lot of work to install. It's also vulnerable to damage when installing other Addons, as you may have noticed.

Check out the Bootstrap version of osCommerce. It's fully responsive, and a lot easier to add to and modify. It's still under development now, although usable, but it may be released by the time you're ready. In any case it'll be a lot easier to migrate your data to than some other cart system.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

in checkout_shipping.php  there is a JavaScript code. in bootstrap checkout_shipping.php there is no mention  of any JavaScript.

Where does  this JavaScript goes in boot strap.version of checkout_shipping.php.

kind  regards

nafri

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I've got another challenge and hope you could help me solve it. I posted this issue on the New UPS XML Shipping Module available thread since it deals with the UPS module and so far, there has been no viable solution. Because I'm using this MVS contribution, I figured I'd try my luck here.

I added the contributions for Country-State Selector and World Zones, which cover pretty much every place in the world. And I started getting a UPS error at checkout with the following message:

111286: ML is not a valid state for the specified shipment.

After some troubleshooting I discovered that there are 2 records for Maryland in the database. Apparently there is a Maryland, Liberia as well, and it precedes Maryland, USA in the database and has the "ML" as the abbreviated State/Province.

So in /includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php what the script is doing, is searching the zones database table for the first instance of "Maryland" and using that record's State/Province 2-letter code for the shipping calculations. When instead, it should be looking for that match based on the zone_country_id.

I can probably fix this problem for the Maryland, Liberia issue by changing the name of that province in the database to "Mary-land" but I would rather get a more valid code solution because there may be other duplicate instances and there are over 4K records in that zones table. If anyone has a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

Demitry

PS: I later found the following forum thread that deals with this problem but does not provide a code solution and mentions that there are other potential problems like this that exist.

http://www.oscmax.com/forums/bugs-and-problems/27232-upsxml-wont-calculate-maryland-detects-abbrev-ml.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I'm getting another UPS error and in the process of trying to figure it out, I realized that I need to upgrade the contribution. So, I have MS2.2 that I upgraded to PHP5.3 and I only use MVS instead of the standard shipping modules that are part of OSC.

I looked at the latest MVS V1.3 add-on on OSC contributions and it says that it is for OSC 2.3.4 Could I use this version or should I look for an older one to use with my MS2.2 shop? Thanks.

Demitry

The older version for 2.2 MS2 (i.e. MVS version 1.2.4) should work. However, that was never tested on a modern version of PHP, so you may find some upgrades that need to be done to make it work. The latest version could also be used, but the changes to existing files will be different due to the changes in osC.

I would probably go with the latest version because it has more bugfixes. It will definitely take more work to install though.

Regards

Jim

ok, thank Jim. I'll look at the code for MVS V1.3 and possibly install that one.

To test for compatibility is there anything I need to do other than run a test checkout for domestic, international, and shipping with different weights? Are there any other metrics I should be testing for?

Demitry

Test with multiple products with different combinations of vendors. Otherwise just try to do anything a customer would do.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I looked at doing that re-install of MVS and it is a major undertaking for me because my site has a lot of customization and there are a lot of files to make changes to. However, after a long struggle with this dreaded UPS error (see below), I was able to find a solution.

And it is one that is not in the MVS V1.3 though it does involve the /includes/modules/vendors_shipping/upsxml.php file.

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

I'd like to share my resolution to help others with this issue. Please let me know if this thread is the right place for it or if I should do that on the New UPSXML thread, or both. The issue deals with cURL [35] SSL connectivity error and UPS chances with using SSL with their API. The solution is just one line. Let me know. Thanks.

Demitry

It applies to the UPSXML module, so please post in both places. The post here can be just a link to the UPSXML thread if the explanation is long.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

If you’re getting the following error at checkout for UPS, ...

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

Then you should read this post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/49382-new-ups-xml-shipping-module-available/?p=1743950

Demitry

• 3 months later...

Hello all

Has anyone successfully integrated MVS with a "Ship In Cart" addon?  I have a shipping estimator working, but it pops up in a new window.  I'd really like to integrate MVS with a Ship In Cart contribution instead.  Like this one: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9036

I'm pretty sure somebody must of done this by now!

Thanks!

• 1 year later...