• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

A client finally has decided to move up from an old cgi cart and is seriously considering OSC (probably oscMAX to be more to the point) but he has 2 criteria. UI belive I have the payment issue settled in my head, it is the shipping thing thats an issue.

He currently ships using stamps.com (a hook to USPS to print the postage) or FedEx

His biggest issue from my research is he sells items such as posters, books, & collectibles. If someone orders a book and a poster, they obviously can not ship in the same package and must ship separately.

I can not find any information regarding how either the USPS, stamps.com or the fedex modules will accomplish this. He really wants this as automated as possible, so the shipping module must be able to see the items in this order must be 2 different packages when shipping and price accordingly.

I know that I can set limits in the Shipping/Packaging section and set an increase by percent over that, but will this accomplish what he needs? I am thinking it will not. Lets say someone orders 3 posters - all checked as ship separately.. and 1 comic book, thats going to make the shipping module belive it is FOUR packages..

On top of this I see that spring 2012 the current fedex modules will cease to function properly.. so that is a major concern for me in this instance. None of the carts I currently mange use any real time FedEx quote modules, so I am completely unfamiliar with them.

Any help here???

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Can all posters ship together? If so, assign posters to one "vendor" and everything else to another. This will generate two packages (possibly shipping by different methods) unless the weight limits are exceeded, in which case it will be split further.

I have not heard that FedEx is discontinuing their online interface. This would be a bad business move for them, so I doubt this is true. If they are changing the interface, then the FedEx shipping module will need to be changed to match. USPS just changed their interface the first of this year, without warning, and everyone had to scramble to fix their stores. I think I would worry more about them. You can always substitute a table-rate module with the correct values for a live interface.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim, great thought process, making the posters from the same vendor.. wow.. that might do the trick.. Yes I know about the USPS one I was effected and involved in the repair of the new version..

Yes I read on the fedex module thread about.. well let me find it..

Yes the osc contribution FedEx Real Time Quotes will CEASE TO FUNCTION Spring of 2011!! FedEx is killing off the old gateway and wants all customers using the new WSDL method

Ahh so its just the real time quote that will be effected..

ok I will go look once more at the MVS contribution, I may have more questions as I use oscMAX not osc..

ack, first huge issue I see is the usps module has not been updated since 2007, so that may not even work! OKOK I see someone did up grade USPS, but it says UPS there.. back to my reading now :)

Edited by wkdwich

Debbie D

So FedEx is just changing the gateway. Somebody will have to write a new FedEx module to use it. Hopefully before the old one stops working. Then we'll have to make a MVS version of that.

The USPS module will need to be modified as well, if someone has not already done a MVS version.

MVS can be added to oscMAX as it can to any modified version of osCommerce. You'll need to patch everything by hand since the files are different. I've done this to stores that are as heavily modified as oscMAX. Use a file comparison program and it won't be that bad.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

This mod looks like it is going to be hell to intrgrate into a highly modified oscMAX.. has any one gone there?? Anyone willing to take the newest USPS and make this work with MVS ??

Debbie D

So FedEx is just changing the gateway. Somebody will have to write a new FedEx module to use it. Hopefully before the old one stops working. Then we'll have to make a MVS version of that.

The USPS module will need to be modified as well, if someone has not already done a MVS version.

MVS can be added to oscMAX as it can to any modified version of osCommerce. You'll need to patch everything by hand since the files are different. I've done this to stores that are as heavily modified as oscMAX. Use a file comparison program and it won't be that bad.

Regards

Jim

USPS was appaently updated after Jan 1st but the contribution page says UPS

UPS Methods for MVS

only usps.php file included

upload to catalog includes modules vendors_shipping

But I can guarantee you the one just totaly revamped for the last change and the one coming in May

is far better :) The new mod was posted today to to USPS Methods 5.2.0

OK If the client goes for it I will take a stab... I do a bit of drop shipping myself, so it's not a total waste.. thanks for your responses!

Debbie D

OK one more question while I wait for the client to approve the project..

Once MVS is in stalled, will I have any trouble using stamps.com for labels for USPS orders? My understanding is stamps.com look ssfor order ready to ship and has nothing to do with the actual shipping module.. I hope thats correct :)

Same basic Q in regards to FedEx.. lables can be auto printed through the osc admin also??

Debbie D

I have never used stamps.com so I can't advise on that. I believe that it should work as you said.

I don't know if there is an Addon to print FedEx labels. You could look in the Addons section, or ask in the support thread for the FedEx module.

Regards

Jim

thanks.. all this talk of it might or might do exactly as he wants scared him off for right now :) I'll take all this under advisment and know what needs to be done should he change his mind :)

Debbie D

I have been using MVS for three years now and also have a heavily modded RC2 version of OSC. It works great! I have created several "My Store" vendors to account for varied package sizes in the same order. I also dropship some items so I set the vendor up with their address for those particular p/ns. As for stamps.com, I have it but am not a big fan of the service. I ship everything through USPS up to 70lbs and handle the shipping through quickbooks. Stamps.com hits you each month for $19.95 whether you use it or not. If you don't use stamps then the USPS.com is the best way.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help! I guess there are several (at least) versions of Paypal IPN, and I am really confused! I have the newer add-on called Paypal Website Payments Standard (files dated Jan 2008) which is at addons.oscommerce.com/info/5655. I have tried for days, but I can't get the fix from alman (below) to work with MVS at all. The orders that are built do not update the Orders_Shipping table with vendor information. The files I have installed are catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php and catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php.

Has anyone made any progress on getting Paypal Website Payments Standard to work with MVS?

thank you,

Ron

hi all there has been talk for a long time on mvs and paypal ipn merger as it were

in modules-payment-paypal_ipn.php

find

function confirmation() {

and add $shipping after $order_total_modules

find

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);

}

}

}

}

after add

//MVS 
if (($total_weight > 0 ) || (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true')){
          $shipping_array = $shipping['vendor'];
 foreach ($shipping_array as $vendors_id => $shipping_data) {

$vendors_query = tep_db_query("select vendors_name
                                  from " . TABLE_VENDORS . "
                                  where vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'"
                                );
   $vendors_name = 'Unknown';
   if ($vendors = tep_db_fetch_array($vendors_query)) {
     $vendors_name = $vendors['vendors_name'];
   }

$shipping_method_array = explode ('_', $shipping_data['id']);
               if ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'fedex1') {
                       $shipping_method = 'Federal Express';
                       } elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'upsxml') {
                       $shipping_method = 'UPS';
                       } elseif ($shipping_method_array[0] == 'usps') {
                       $shipping_method = 'USPS';
                       } else {
                   $shipping_method = $shipping_method_array[0];
                   }
   $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,
                           'vendors_id' => $vendors_id,
                           'shipping_module' => $shipping_method,
                           'shipping_method' => $shipping_data['title'],
                           'shipping_cost' => $shipping_data['cost'],
                           'shipping_tax' =>  $shipping_data['ship_tax'],
                           'vendors_name' => $vendors_name,
                           'vendor_order_sent' => 'no'
                          );
   tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING, $sql_data_array);
 }
 }
//MVS End

thats it

hope this helps

Al

• 2 weeks later...

As you know I have had this mod installed and working fine for two years now. Today a customer located in Australia tried to place an order via fedex and the ship estimator showed no pricing for fedex to down under.

I checked it myself and found it to be doing exactly as he stated. Is there an option for international rates that needs to be turned on? Domestic rates show no problem.

Hello Jim & fellow MVS fans,

We found a need to add date_added and last_modified to the vendors sql table but discovered those fields are already in there but are apparently left dormant in the php files. {future use? = now?}

Here's a code hack to use them in admin/vendors.php

---->Backup first<----

replace (lines 114-119)

if ($action == 'insert') {
                             tep_db_perform(TABLE_VENDORS, $sql_data_array);
          $vendors_id = tep_db_insert_id();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('vendors_id', 'action')) . 'vendors_id=' . $vendors_id));
                       } else {

with this (it's basically a copy from admin/categories.php)

if ($action == 'insert') {
           $insert_sql_data = array('date_added' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_VENDORS, $sql_data_array);
           $vendors_id = tep_db_insert_id();
           tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('vendors_id', 'action')) . 'vendors_id=' . $vendors_id));
                       } else {
           $update_sql_data = array('last_modified' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $update_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_VENDORS, $sql_data_array, 'update', "vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");

add this

date_added, last_modified,

to both of the field lists located around lines 210 and 528

210 starts with $vendors_query = tep_db_query

528 starts with $vendors_content_query_raw =

then add this around line 477

<tr>
           <td colspan="2"><table width="100%"><tr><td align="right">Date Added</td>
           <td><?php echo ($vInfo->date_added); ?></td>
           <td align="right">Last Modified</td>
           <td><?php echo ($vInfo->last_modified); ?></td>
         </tr></table>

</td>
       </tr> 

Hope this helps someone...

Hello,

Before I get too further with troubleshooting my problems I want to make sure I am installing the right UPS XML for MVS 1.0. I am running oscommerce 2.2 and have MVS 1.2.3 installed. Works great, with vendor emails, etc. I'm having issues with UPS XML and am not sure which one to install as there seem to be a few out there. Should I be using the UPSXML 1.2.6 for MVS found on the MVS V1.0 contribution page here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4129 dated 30 May 2007. Or, is there something more current that works with MVS 1.2.3?

Thank you for your help.

Matt

The one in the MVS distribution works. If you want to use a newer version you'll have to modify that version to work with MVS. There are modification instructions in the MVS package.

Regards

Jim

The one in the MVS distribution works. If you want to use a newer version you'll have to modify that version to work with MVS. There are modification instructions in the MVS package.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a fresh copy of MVS, on a godaddy server that had a fresh install of oscommerce. I uploaded all of the files and ran the MVS.sql file. Now the site is down.

When I try logging into the admin section, I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_version() in /home/content/61/7466761/html/catalog/admin/includes/header.php on line 20

When I try loading my website, I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function buildBlocks() on a non-object in /home/content/61/7466761/html/catalog/includes/template_top.php on line 13

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

It sounds like you overwrote files from osCommerce 2.3.1 with the MVS files (which are based on version 2.2RC2a.) Don't do that. Use a comparison program and update your 2.3.1 files with the MVS code from the supplied files.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Thank you for your quick response. I tried what you send numerous times today using WinMerge and I am still getting the same result. I am using MVS 1.2.3.

Is there a place that I can download this module where it is already installed with the newest version of oscommerce? Or would it be easier if I just installed an older version of oscommerce so these errors will stop? From what I understand this module does exactly what I need my site to do, but can not get started without this in place.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

No, I have not finished porting MVS to 2.3.1, so it doesn't exist yet. Going back to osCommerce version 2.2RC2a is entirely possible, but then you'll need to apply all of the bugfixes by hand, and you still will have an older version that will quickly become obsolete. It's your choice.

If you want to fix the errors, tep_get_version() is defined at the top of admin/includes/functions/general.php. There are some MVS changes in that file, but this function should not be removed.

buildBlocks is part of the oscTemplate class. This is included and instantiated in catalog/includes/application_top.php, Lines 428-429:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'osc_template.php');
 $oscTemplate = new oscTemplate();

Again, there is no reason to remove this code.

Regards

Jim

Hello all,

I'm trying to clean up some code issues in my admin using the KISS error utility and this came up;

Error: Undefined variable: product

File: categories.php

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('products_ready_to_ship', '1', (($product['products_ready_to_ship'] == '1') ? true : false)); ?></td>

$product is used all over this file before and after this line.

I'm not sure what to do with it.

It throws the error from categories.php?cPath=.....&action=update_product

I believe that $product is defined when you are editing a product and not for a new product. Verify this is true, and if so define it for new products only.

Regards

Jim