• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

That's quite a jump. The easiest way would be to use a file comparison program to compare the latest MVS distribution to your modified files. Look for sections marked with the //MVS comments.

If you just want the shipping estimator, that's available separately here. No guarantees that it will work with MVS 1.0, but it should.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jim,

Hope all is excellent with you.

Re: $Id$ freeamount.php 2

on checkout_shipping page

Free Shipping

For orders of $50.00 or more with a

maximum package weight of 100 lbs

this is incorrect for vendor 1

should be:

For orders of $75.00 or more with a

maximum package weight of 200 lbs

I believe the problem is:

in modules/vendor_shipping

<?php echo sprintf(FREE_SHIPPING_DESCRIPTION, $currencies->format(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER)) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', 'free_free'); ?></td>

seems like it should be:

<?php echo sprintf(MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_TEXT_WAY (_vendor_id), $currencies->format(MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER)) . tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', 'free_free'); ?></td>

then the code in the languages/modules/vendors_shipping/freeamount.php:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_TEXT_WAY', 'For orders of $' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_AMOUNT . ' or more with a' . '<br />' . 'maximum package weight of ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_WEIGHT_MAX . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_TEXT_UNIT);

would need to be modified to select the MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_AMOUNT and MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_WEIGHT_MAX

based on the database info:

MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_AMOUNT(_vendor_id)

MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_WEIGHT_MAX(_vendor_id)

if this makes sense

how do you sprintf the vendor_id

meaning how would these 2 lines of code have to be altered (if necessary at all)

Thanks for your insight,

jk

Edited by jfkafka

well, actually the sprintf is only called when $free_shipping == true

which is not true with freeamount so scratch that

looks like the quotes array is the place to be:

quotes:

Array

(

[1] => Array

(

[id] => freeamount

[module] => Free Shipping

[methods] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[id] => freeamount

[title] => For orders of $50.00 or more with a

maximum package weight of 100 lbs

[cost] => 0.0001

)

)

)

now where is that quotes array assigned?

as deepthought so eloquently put it:

hmmm, tricky...

jk

Edited by jfkafka

ok the quotes array looks like it gets assigned in:

$Loc: catalog/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/freeamount.php

function quote($method = '', $module = '', $vendors_id = '1') {

this section:

$this->quotes = array ('id' => $this->code,

'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_TEXT_TITLE,

'methods' => array (array ('id' => $this->code,

'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_TEXT_WAY,

'cost' => $shipping)));

seems like here might be the place to add a vendor_id?

boy i'm really racking my brains on this one

if i only had a cue stick...

jk

I recently installed MVS into a fairly stock 2.2 site, but ran into a small hitch in the checkout process. On the shipping_info page, no shipping methods appear to select from. Any attempt to proceed with checkout fails and this lovely message displays across the screen: Error: You have not selected a shipping method for all groups of products. Please select one shipping method for each group of products below.

I used one item and setup the MVS vendor to ship via several UPS options. When MVS is toggled off, the shipping_info page shows the appropriate UPS options, however, once MVS is turned on no shipping options are available.

Any thoughts?

I recently installed MVS into a fairly stock 2.2 site, but ran into a small hitch in the checkout process. On the shipping_info page, no shipping methods appear to select from. Any attempt to proceed with checkout fails and this lovely message displays across the screen: Error: You have not selected a shipping method for all groups of products. Please select one shipping method for each group of products below.

I used one item and setup the MVS vendor to ship via several UPS options. When MVS is toggled off, the shipping_info page shows the appropriate UPS options, however, once MVS is turned on no shipping options are available.

Any thoughts?

you did the part in admin-vendor/vendor manager

green + sign Manage

install the shipping modules

and then edit each shipping module to enable?

you did the part in admin-vendor/vendor manager

green + sign Manage

install the shipping modules

and then edit each shipping module to enable?

Yes, I did that - setup two vendors (our warehouse and the distributor) as UPS shippers. I set up a few items for each vendor and added to my cart. When I get to the checkout_shipping part, the products are correctly separated by vendor. The message "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." shows, but the UPS shipping methods do not appear below. When vendor shipping is turned off, all items appear in one group with the appropriate UPS methods available.

In the CP under shipping modules, the UPS module is enabled. Should that be on or off? The vendors have the same UPS options enabled.

Yes, I did that - setup two vendors (our warehouse and the distributor) as UPS shippers. I set up a few items for each vendor and added to my cart. When I get to the checkout_shipping part, the products are correctly separated by vendor. The message "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order." shows, but the UPS shipping methods do not appear below. When vendor shipping is turned off, all items appear in one group with the appropriate UPS methods available.

In the CP under shipping modules, the UPS module is enabled. Should that be on or off? The vendors have the same UPS options enabled.

It's been awhile, but I seem to remember there's a step involving the regular shipping modules - something about removing or disabling them - sorry can't quite dredge it up the specifics... maybe you've already done this step?

jk

It's been awhile, but I seem to remember there's a step involving the regular shipping modules - something about removing or disabling them - sorry can't quite dredge it up the specifics... maybe you've already done this step?

jk

That's what I'm not sure about! At present, the regular shipping modules are in place (Flat Rate, Per Item, Table Rate, United Parcel Service, USPS, & Zone Rates). Only UPS is enabled at this point. The Two vendors are setup as UPS, one is setup for TNT Road Express, all enabled. I'm not sure what I *should* do?

That's what I'm not sure about! At present, the regular shipping modules are in place (Flat Rate, Per Item, Table Rate, United Parcel Service, USPS, & Zone Rates). Only UPS is enabled at this point. The Two vendors are setup as UPS, one is setup for TNT Road Express, all enabled. I'm not sure what I *should* do?

I tried google searching "oscommerce mvs shipping modules not showing on checkout shipping" but didn't see anything dealing with this shipping module question then remembered a better way to search the oscommerce forum which you may find helpful:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=222140

I also tried the above search technique:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums mvs shipping modules not showing on checkout shipping

but again nothing specific on a quick scan of a few links

so weird, I seem to recollect a necessity to do something with the standard shipping modules(disable? remove?)

you could try enabling flat rate just to see what happens, maybe by then someone with more expertise will come

to the rescue

jk

I was certain I'd commented on this earlier. Anyway, modules not showing usually means there's no module enabled for that product. Are you certain you have the modules set up correctly? Do you have the module restricted by zone? Are your vendors completely set up, including zip code?

Regards

Jim

I was certain I'd commented on this earlier. Anyway, modules not showing usually means there's no module enabled for that product. Are you certain you have the modules set up correctly? Do you have the module restricted by zone? Are your vendors completely set up, including zip code?

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Just for my own edification, do you have to disable/remove modules in the

standard shipping modules section when using MVS? That was a good point

about assigning vendors to products.

Thanks,

jk

No, MVS ignores the stock modules and uses only those in the Vendors section when it is enabled. This allows you to turn off MVS and immediately return to standard osC shipping (for testing, etc.)

Regards

Jim

I set up several test items and assigned them to specific vendors, then created an order with some of those items. The shipping_info.php page shows them properly grouped by vendor, but no shipping options show below the text title indicating shipping options. My install consisted of copying the files over and running the mvs.sql script. There were only minor mods to the install, which were easy to re-edit. I'll check all the data, but think my problem is with the install...

Or with the setup. Try adding the Flat Rate module to each vendor, with no zone settings. If that works, take another look at your module setup.

Regards

Jim

Or with the setup. Try adding the Flat Rate module to each vendor, with no zone settings. If that works, take another look at your module setup.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the clarification. Don't know where I got that notion.

Reminds me of that joke about the guy who said

"my mind is like an ink blotter, it soaks up everything...

and gets it all backwards".

jk

Regards

Jim

Flat Rate addition did not work, no shipping methods appear. Guess I have to look at the files I uploaded again!

Henry

I noticed when accessing the Vendor Products Report from the menu that all products were available from all vendors. However, accessing the VPR from the box with the edit/delete/manage/new vendor/orders buttons returned the correct values. Hmmmm....

I clicked on an item in the primary vendor (our store), which brought me to the product edit page. I selected one of our vendors and clicked update. Looking back at the VPR for the primary vendor, the item was gone from the list. Looking at the VPR for the vendor I assigned came up empty. It was the same product list as the primary vendor. A quick check revealed the product list for all three vendors were identical. Items I assigned to outside vendors did not appear on any of the VPRs. What could cause this?

Henry

First check your database. In the products table, is the vendors_id correct? Does it get changed when you make a vendor change for that product in the Admin? If the database is not being updated properly, you have a problem in admin/categories.php. If it is being updated, the problem is in the Vendor Products Report.

Regards

Jim

Hi, i need some help please.

I've installed this module on a fairly modified site and got 99% of this module working 100%! So first off it's the best mod out there so thanks!

Then of course the 1% I'm having some trouble with. I just can't seem to get the vendors order list and the product reports to display anything relevant.

I tried to scan over the forum and couldn't see anything relevant to my scenario.

I've got everything the latest and greatest with java etc allowed.

So, in the product report the drop down function doesn't seem to pull the info i need. When I add ?&vendors_id=0 to the url with the relevant vendor id the info does display ... so now i just need to find a way to fix the drop down.

I tried the above on the order list but it only lists the vendor not his orders as well.

Any idea's?

Another question, if i copy admin and create access to the copied version .. with the removal of some features etc...

How do I limit the categories.php file to only view the vendors products?

I'm no php boffin but I'm sure there's some simple code where I can add code like where vendor_id = 1 ??

Some help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Hi Jim,

Just to break up the monotony of questions relevant to MVS

Do you know how to put an infobox inside another infobox array?

for instance:

new infoButton($info_button_contents[$cur_row], 'Remove');

generates an infobox button called "Remove".

Is it possible to add this infobox Remove button to an infobox array of products?

This line simply adds the text not the button itself (obviously)

$info_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => 'class="productListing-data" valign="top"',

'text' => 'new infoButton($info_button_contents[$cur_row], 'Remove');');

Thanks for any help.

First check your database. In the products table, is the vendors_id correct? Does it get changed when you make a vendor change for that product in the Admin? If the database is not being updated properly, you have a problem in admin/categories.php. If it is being updated, the problem is in the Vendor Products Report.

Regards

Jim

Jim, it appears the drop down box in the prods_by_vendor.php does not change the vendor filter. For example, if I select Product Reports from the side menu the URL looks like this: /admin/prods_by_vendor.php. However, when I select a vendor in Vendor Manager then click on "Click here for Products Report" in the box to the right with the buttons, the URL reads admin/prods_by_vendor.php?&vendors_id=1, and the correct products appear. Not sure how to fix that one...

Still, I don't think that has anything to do with the issue I am having regarding the absence of Ship Methods on the checkout_shipping.php page. I'll try uploading the page again to see if that helps. It does function properly when Vendor Shipping is disabled.

Edited by hfs3