• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Now I'm stumped. That should be working. As Craig said, it works everywhere we've tried it. Unless there is something wrong in your Admin setup, I can't see any reason why yours wouldn't work as well. You might try setting $debug == 'yes' (a couple of lines after the code I posted above) and see what that gets you.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Well, thanks for trying to help anyway.

I'll just soldier on I think.

I reckon we can live without the automatic email.

Just have to remember to send them one manually in Admin.

Now I'm off to try to integrate your module code changes in the Australia Post shipping module.

Wish me luck.

Cheers

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I am in pace of installing contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4129. I just came to the Admin installation instructions and there I found

Find Lines 26 thru 30

========================

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'image' => 'catalog.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'),

'children' => array(array('title' => CATALOG_CONTENTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')),

array('title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'selected_box=catalog')))),

but my admin/index.php does not have any such lines! I am running on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Any Feedback is highly appreciated.

Best

Zeno

Rob: There are several contributions that will do various versions of Minimum Order. I'm using one of them to add a minimum order fee to small orders. Since all of these seem to use the order total, and that's not affected by MVS, I would think that you could use any of these that you want with no problem.

Zeno: That's been discussed several times. Search this thread for the answer.

Regards

Jim

I am in pace of installing contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4129. I just came to the Admin installation instructions and there I found

but my admin/index.php does not have any such lines! I am running on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

Ok, according to Jim admin/index.php is _not_ needed.

See http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...HEADING_CATALOG

I am heading to the next issue then.

Best

Zeno

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a big problem with the MVS Shipping Cost addon.

I followed the guide step by step. But, when i push "get quote" i get this error:

error.jpg

(http://pcdeler.net/ship_estimator.php?action=ship_error)

I just have this problem when accessing Estimated Shipping Cost from the shopping cart.(It works when the user is logged in though)

Trough products, everything works like a charm!

Whats wrong?

One thing more thing: How do i get rid of the state field?

Any help would be appreciated!

Webpage:pcdeler.net

Regards Morten Jansrud

Edited by Mortenjan

Hello,

This contribution seems perfect for what I'm trying to do with drop shipping. Although, I am somewhat skeptical about installing due to the number of modifications and different downloads that need to happen.

I'm curious to see this working on a live site or at least someone who can vouch that this works on a live site. Also, would you happen to have to contrib with all the fixes in one download?

I was wondering, is there a way to show only one combined shipping charge using MVS. I use only one shipping option, UPS ground.

In other words when a customer purchase item "a" from vendor "b" and item "c" from vendor "D", I would like the delivery information to show only one total shipping charge.

By the way, love MVS, great contribution, probably the best on here.

Edited by dspeak

I was wondering, is there a way to show only one combined shipping charge using MVS. I use only one shipping option, UPS ground.

<snipped

It's possible but not easy. The shipping modules are processed individually by vendor. You would need to capture that data and then add the cost of each option individually. And what do you do if an option is offereed from one vendor and not another? This could be a real mess to code.

Regards

Jim

Hmmmm.... I seem to have broken something somewhere.

When I go to check out, my screen clocks for about a minute. Then, when the shipping page comes up, some of the vendors have their USPS amounts filled in, and some display that "an error occurred with the USPS display". When I click refresh, the ones that previously could not display now can, and vice versa.... or.... maybe they will all display. Then, if they do all display and I click continue, then I get the dreaded ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED message (even though I made valid selections...).

I currently only have my vendors set up with USPS (and all of the same flavors of USPS).

Does anyone have any ideas where I might go to start looking for the problem? I'm guessing that I have a good link to USPS, because the values display about half of the time...

Any suggestions that you can offer will be GREATLY appreciated! I thought that I was going to launch tomorrow!!!! sigh....

Thanks!

Moez

USPS has been having major server problems since Monday morning. It appears that they are still down, or at least having major problems at this time. I've heard that some stores are giving free shipping as a temporary fix. You can also do a weight-based table estimate as a temporary fix.

Regards

Jim

USPS has been having major server problems since Monday morning. It appears that they are still down, or at least having major problems at this time. I've heard that some stores are giving free shipping as a temporary fix. You can also do a weight-based table estimate as a temporary fix.

Regards

Jim

Thanks! I was going nuts! The last time I tested that part, everything worked fine.

Thanks again!

Moez

I searched but couldn't find anyone else bothered by the euro-style day/month/year dd/mm/yy that I was getting in orders_by_vendor.php

Everywhere else in our admin we have standard American mm/dd/yy so here's what I did;

In orders_by_vendor.php

In the $orders_query (line 178 & line 180) changed

o.date_purchased,

to

o.date_purchased as date_purchased,

Commented out lines 184-196

/*   $raw_date_purchased = $vendors_orders['date_purchased'];

if (tep_not_null($raw_date_purchased)) {
			list($date_2, $time_2) = explode(' ', $raw_date_purchased);
		list($year, $month, $day) = explode('-', $date_2);

$date_purchased = ((strlen($day) == 1) ? '0' . $day : $day) . '/' .
						((strlen($month) == 1) ? '0' . $month : $month) .
						'/' .
						$year;

}
*/

And finally changed line around 205 from

<td class="dataTableContent" align="left"><?php echo $date_purchased; ?></td>

To

<td class="dataTableContent" align="left"><?php echo tep_date_short($vendors_orders['date_purchased']); ?></td>

Seems to be working for me.

Your welcome, the products report page needs to be modified to use the "split_page_results" class in order to break down the list appropriately, I just haven't had time to get it done yet, still working on getting a fully updated package of MVS up for download.

Good luck, Craig :)

I tried un-commenting the prods_by_vendor.php file (lines 101, 128, 137, 171, & 174) where all but line 101 obviously dealt with MAX_DISPLAY.

That almost always results in

Fatal error: Call to a member function display_count() on a non-object in /home/~/public_html/admin/prods_by_vendor.php on line 170

I tried several other methods as well with no success.

Like; admin/site - separate search results display http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4205

and defining a MAX_RESULTS, on the page and referencing it properly I believe.

Nothing seems to work on this page. I've tried these alternate methods on other admin pages and they work just fine there. I guess I'm stumped for the moment. Anyone have any other ideas or explanations why prods_by_vendor.php is different?

Anyone got this working with paypal ipn? If not I will be having a go over the next few days.. any help, experience sample code so on would be appreciated, thanks.

I have also got this partly working for attributes using the stock control system to link a vendor to the attribute. This is useful for products where you stock popular versions of a product, but need to drop ship all other versions. My version does not need separate shipping modules so that part is missing.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Great contribution - hats off to you ;-)

I just installed MVS 1.1 on a vanilla install of OSC. All is good except I get this when I click "Vendor Orders List" in Admin:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in x:\xxx\xxxxxxx\admin\orders_by_vendor.php on line 234

Any ideas? I'm running locally at the moment:

Apache 2.0.52

MySQL 5

PHP 5.1.6

thanks

Jason

Hi, Jason. I have the same error. Did you solve it?

Thank you

Does anyone intend to update this Contribution so it is compatible with RC2a ??

There are many errors (changes and omissions) in this segmented contribution that are not compatible with RC2a.

I have tried many times to make the necessary changes but I still end up with errors. I even tried the more than a dozen bug fixes and updates but have had no luck so far.

Anyone have some time to look at this Contribution and perhaps rewrite a new version for use with RC2a ?? PLEASE !

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
This has turned out to be a massive pain. I hope that nobody else is working on this. I wouldn't wish this mess on anybody. Well, maybe ... better not go there. Anyway, part of the problem was in getting everything done in just the right order. There are so many dependencies in the modules system that it's a bit of a miracle that it ever worked.

The really nasty part is apparently a bug in PHP. Well, it's in version 5.2.5 for certain, and probably the rest. In order to get a quote when the customer is not signed in, we've been faking the variables that the modules need to get from the order class. It turns out that this works just fine except in a class constructor. And of course the zone ID is set in the class constructor of the shipping modules. I had a lot of fun tracking that one down. This really shouldn't be considered a bug, since you shouldn't expect to pass variables in a class that doesn't exist. So we've been using the bug all along in the Shipping Estimator. I just found a case where the bug isn't. Anyway, I managed to fix it by creating the class, which then allows the variables to be faked. Works fine. Wish I could say the same for my head. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this one.

Oh, and there are problems with a couple of the modules. The Table and First item Plus modules don't handle zones correctly. If you think it's fun finding bugs in the language, try debugging with modules that don't work right in the first place.

I need to clean up my code a bit, and port the changes over into the products estimator file, then I'll post the whole mess. Maybe tomorrow.

Regards

Jim

Jim:

Have you ever resolved the issue with the First Items Plus module? If you can you assist me with making the fix on mine or letting me know where I can find the info on how to do it.....

Thanks

Pete

quick question i have found the multi vendor contribution and the Individual Product Shipping v4.3 module and know i only need one of them, do they do about the same or are there differnces enough to pick one over the other for a website that primarily dropsjips products.

Allison

Aargh! The forum dumped my subscription again. Bad forum. Bad! No cookie!

Pete: The updated file is in the Shipping Estimator package. I never managed to get it added to the main MVS distribution. My bad.

Allison: The Individual Shipping module sets shipping on an individual product basis. This would be a pain to set up if you have a lot of products shipped from one location. MVS was designed for drop shipping (among other things) and is a lot more versatile. MVS is a bigger job to install, though. It all depends on how you want to set up your store, and what you will do with it in the future.

Regards

Jim