• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Ok guys, I far from the brightest bulb in the pack, so please have some patience with me here. One of my vendors is a drop shipper who I receive my CSV file from each evening. Each item in that file has a set rate for shipping and a set carrier that it will be shipped by. I have been searching for someway to enable our store so that each item is set at this rate....finally I came across the MVS and it sounds like it may work. So, I go to the contributions area and find MVS but I do not understand this process. Do I have to get the contribution listed as MVS V1.1 and then apply each individual patch above that? There are about 16-17 of them and I am not that great at doing these patches. Is there somewhere that a current version, with the patches, is already available?

It seems like each time I try to add a contribution I end up crashing things here, so it is a real trial and error on this end :blink:

Any help that anyone can provide on this is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Jim,

I have one more question. One of my vendors has varying drop ship fees depending on the item shipped. How do I input these fees to the individual product? I saw a few other hacks but they are very old and don't have a good following on the board.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi Jim,

I have one more question. One of my vendors has varying drop ship fees depending on the item shipped. How do I input these fees to the individual product? I saw a few other hacks but they are very old and don't have a good following on the board.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

This is the same thing that I was wondering about.....once I figure out what I need to install anyway :)

Todd

If I understand you both correctly, you want to set a shipping cost for each individual product. MVS is not designed to do this; it's designed to group products and then apply a standard shipping method (osCommerce module) to each group of products. A module could be designed that would apply a shipping cost for each product from the products table, but I'm not aware of such a module. In any case, you would not need MVS to use such a module.

Matt, it sounds like you still have some errors in your code. Check the instructions for the Admin side against your edits.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hello,

I found this just in the nick of time as I was going insane trying to figure out how to have mulitple shipping companies.

I am looking at all the updates and everything and getting very confused. Could someone tell me which files to download to run on the latest commerce set up?

Running oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

Well I installed what I think I had too but found it all very confusing. It seems everything worked okay until I went to my attributes area. I received this error under optional attributes.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in /home/jharley3/public_html/shop/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 80

anyone know what I did wrong?

If I do a new install of oscommerce what is the easiest way to install MVS? DO I need to individually modify any files(I tend to screw that part up) or can I paste the MVS setup over my new install?

Edited by JipeTrade

tep_hide_session_id() is used in the newer versions of osCommerce (RC1 and later I think) to pass the SID correctly. You can safely delete that line if you are using an older version, but SIDs will still not work correctly in all cases.

MVS was built on osCommerce 2.2 MS2, so you can safely overwrite files from that version IF you haven't already modified the same file. Later versions may need to be patched rather than overwritten if the file has been changed by the later revision. I recommend using a good compare program (I use WinMerge, which is open source.) It's much easier to patch a file if you can see the differences side-by-side.

Regards

Jim

tep_hide_session_id() is used in the newer versions of osCommerce (RC1 and later I think) to pass the SID correctly. You can safely delete that line if you are using an older version, but SIDs will still not work correctly in all cases.

MVS was built on osCommerce 2.2 MS2, so you can safely overwrite files from that version IF you haven't already modified the same file. Later versions may need to be patched rather than overwritten if the file has been changed by the later revision. I recommend using a good compare program (I use WinMerge, which is open source.) It's much easier to patch a file if you can see the differences side-by-side.

Regards

Jim

Thanks I will give it a try...worst case I may need to hire someone. Might give MS2 a try and downgrade my store.

Well I downgraded and everything went pretty smoothly. I loaded my template over the install along with the easy populate add on and now I am getting this error when I try to test my check out.

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/username/public_html/market/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php on line 48

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jharley3/public_html/market/includes/classes/vendor_shipping.php:48) in /home/username/public_html/market/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Is this something I did with the templates or something I didn't do when I installed MVS? I think if I address this issue I will have gotten everything installed :)

Is this something I did with the templates or something I didn't do when I installed MVS? I think if I address this issue I will have gotten everything installed :)

That's usually because you don't have any shipping modules installed.

Regards

Jim

Hello,

I just wanted to stop by and say that I got it working. I am super happy. My first store will be opening very soon. Thanks for the help Jim, and everyone. It seems harder then it really is.

I hope a new release will come out for the latest ecommerce but I ended up just using MC2 release and it worked like a charm. I also have WYSIWYG Editor 1.6, Infobox admin, and easy populate installed.

Thanks again everyone :)

Is this still current and will run on RC2? i have a product that i drop ship in addition to what i do at my place. the drop shipper only uses UPS while i use USPS and have that module installed resulting in lost money from undercharged shipping options. Will this handle having separate shipping prices for that section of products?

Is this still current and will run on RC2? i have a product that i drop ship in addition to what i do at my place. the drop shipper only uses UPS while i use USPS and have that module installed resulting in lost money from undercharged shipping options. Will this handle having separate shipping prices for that section of products?

It will handle shipping with separate shipping prices.

As far as I understand it, the latest release is not exactly configured for rc2 but it can work with it. I had some problems so I installed it with an older oscommerce, but it can work with RC2 if you know what you are doing.

It will handle shipping with separate shipping prices.

As far as I understand it, the latest release is not exactly configured for rc2 but it can work with it. I had some problems so I installed it with an older oscommerce, but it can work with RC2 if you know what you are doing.

thanks James. Is this the only option i have or is there something that will work seamlessly with rc2? i wont be doing it myself i have a developer that looks after this stuff for me. What are the known issues?

thanks James. Is this the only option i have or is there something that will work seamlessly with rc2? i wont be doing it myself i have a developer that looks after this stuff for me. What are the known issues?

Well I am not sure exactly. I know that a developer will be able to do since I had someone do it for me. I had already gotten mc2 to work for me so I ended up not using the rc2 (I will eventually use it, Just haven't gotten to switching over). There aren't any actual issues, it is just that you need to do a line by line insertion of the code ( in some cases). Most any developer should be able to do this without a problem.

Well I am not sure exactly. I know that a developer will be able to do since I had someone do it for me. I had already gotten mc2 to work for me so I ended up not using the rc2 (I will eventually use it, Just haven't gotten to switching over). There aren't any actual issues, it is just that you need to do a line by line insertion of the code ( in some cases). Most any developer should be able to do this without a problem.

Excellent, thank you for the info i will forward it along.

okay, folks,

I went ahead and installed in the chronological order the MVS packages, starting with the very early one MVS V1.0 (dated 26 Mar 2006).

Thinks looked superficially ok except these errors:

1. a "BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS" link to nowhere on the top of my Admin/Configuration column, and ...

g?

thanks!!

Gabstero

How did you fix that error?

I've got the BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS link to nowhere after I installed MVS.

Does ANYONE know what caused it?

I saw further back in this thread that someone was trying to integrate the add weight to product attributes mod with MVS. His problem was never resolved in this thread. Does anyone have the solution?

Currently, the attribute weights are not being added to the base weight of a product.

I am trying to add a shipping table that looks like this for one of my vendors

Ground	3 Day	2 day	Next Day	Global Express mail		 (3-5 days)	Airmail Parcel Post				   (4-10 days)
0 to $19.99				 9.95	  14.95	   16.95	32.95	25.95	 19.95
$20.00 to $35.99		10.95	16.95	19.95	34.95	26.95	21.95
$36.00 to $58.99		11.95	21.95	26.95	41.95	32.95	24.95
$59.00 to $69.99		11.95	26.95	32.95	52.95	34.95	26.95
$70.00 to $84.99		12.95	31.95	36.95	62.95	36.95	26.95
$85.00 to $98.99		13.95	38.95	46.95	66.95	41.95	29.95
$99.00 to $149.99	19.95	41.95	62.95	82.95	Not Available	Not Available

Is this possible with MVS?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to wade into MVS 1.1. I was wondering if someone that has been through it can look at my approach and tell me if I'm heading in the right direction.

I'm going to install the contributions in the following order:

1. MVS 1.1 from 4/1/06

2. Fixed HTML in checkout_process 4/10/06

3. Sales Report 2 for MVS 9/29/26

4. Modified zones module 10/3/06

5. MVS 1.1 10/27/06

6. /admin/vendors.php fix 2/5/07

7. Bugfix for MVS V1.1 8/30/07

8. Another Bugfix for MVS 1.1 USPS November 2007 capitalization fix 9/19/07

9. /admin/includes/database_tables.php 12/3/07

It looks like the last good, full release was 4/1/06, so I'm assuming that I just need to build off of that. Is that kind of the approach that some of you have used?

Thanks!

Moez

Has anyone noticed that the vendor emails do not automatically get sent, (must be done manually in admin-customers-orders) or is this just me?

Anwered by Craig

The code that sends the email is in checkout_process.php, and it should work as is. Does on the close to hundred sites I have installed it on.

Good luck, Craig

It looks like there's at least 2 instances now of the auto email not working.

We never heard back from mithereal so I don't know if he ever found the answer.

This thing has me bugged.

I've been working on an OsC site for over 2 years now and although I'm definitely no programmer I've had reasonable success in installing numerous contributions. The list in my signature is WAY out of date.

When I start one as involved as MVS I always start with a bare bones original copy of OsC.

In my case thats osc2 ms2

Once I see the contrib working correctly, I then re-install the existing contribs on the affected pages.

I have merely FTP'ed the provided pages in MVS 1.1 to my server.

And the auto emails don't work.

I've entered "true" to "Enable Vendor Shipping" & "Use optional confirmation Email"

"When to send the vendor email" is Both

It works if I do it manually in Admin.

What have I forgotten?

It's clearly not a bug otherwise many more would have asked here.

There has been no patching so no dumb mistakes there.

Where else do I look?

It HAS to be something dumb I've forgotten, but what?

I am trying to install MVS v1.1 into my version of OSC 2.2rc2a.

As I was applying the code, it became apparent that this was all written for an earlier release. For example, the code for admin/index.php is described as:

========================
Find Lines 26 thru 30
========================

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,
				 'image' => 'catalog.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => CATALOG_CONTENTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'selected_box=catalog')))),

===================
Add after:
===================

//MVS start
		   array('title' => BOX_HEADING_VENDOR_MODULES,
				 'image' => 'vendors.ico',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_HEADING_VENDORS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors')),
									 array('title' => BOX_VENDORS_REPORTS_PROD, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODS_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors')),
									 array('title' => BOX_VENDORS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors'))
									 )), //MVS end

===================================================================

However, it looks like all of the "BOX_HEADING..." code has been migrated out of the INDEX.PHP file and over to the BOXES directory with the latest release of OSC. It looks like a fairly easy task to do the same with this code, and I'm not too worried about it.

But, my question is - before I start getting into anything bigger with this, is the rest of this compatable with OSC 2.2rc2a? I'm worried about those modules that I just copied over without taking them through DiffMerge. Are they expecting the file structure to be the same as the old release or will they work without alot of playing with them?

I guess, in short, has anyone had luck with installing this with the latest release? If so, I would really appreciate hearing any hurdles or pitfalls that you had to deal with.

Thanks!

Moez

<snipped>And the auto emails don't work.

It's likely that the part of checkout_process.php that contains the email code has been modified by some other code that you've added. Try adding something like

print 'Mail sent!';

just after

function vendors_email($vendors_id, $oID, $status, $vendor_order_sent) {

If you see that line instead of the order confirmation page, the email should send. If you don't see it, that code is never executing, and you need to find out why.

Note that this test will break your store (and you should expect a bunch of error messages when it does) so do this on a test store only.

Regards

Jim

It's likely that the part of checkout_process.php that contains the email code has been modified by some other code that you've added.

Jim, thankyou for taking the time to try and help.

This is a virgin install of oscommerce-2.2ms2.

There are no other mods.

This is a developement site I use whenever trialing one of the more involved contributions such as MVS.

The ONLY changes from dead standard are the files provided in this contribution, vers 1.1

The second oldest section on the contribution page.

So.....There is no other code to interfere.

Try adding something like
print 'Mail sent!';

just after

If you see that line instead of the order confirmation page, the email should send. If you don't see it, that code is never executing, and you need to find out why.

Note that this test will break your store (and you should expect a bunch of error messages when it does) so do this on a test store only.

Ok...down to business.

I tried your suggestion and then purchased an item I'd allocated to a fictional vendor.

Instead of the success message after confirming the order I received the following error message.....

Mail sent!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mdbanet/public_html/osc2ms2/checkout_process.php:273) in /home/mdbanet/public_html/osc2ms2/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

I received the email delivered to the purchaser, and the one normally sent from admin in a standard OsC installation to let the shop owner know an order has been received, but no email to the vendor.

The relevant section of checkout_process.php is as follows. (With your suggested Print mail sent line still intact)

//MVS begin
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_EMAIL_OPTION == 'false') {
 $products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . ' (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ') = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";
}
}
if (SELECT_VENDOR_EMAIL_OPTION == 'true') {
  $order_id = $insert_id;
   require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'vendor_order_data.php');
	   }
print 'Mail sent!';
  $vendor_order_sent =  false;
  $debug='no';
  $vendor_order_sent = 'no';
$index2 = 0;
		  //let's get the Vendors
		  $vendor_data_query = tep_db_query("select v.vendors_id, v.vendors_name, v.vendors_email, v.vendors_contact, v.vendor_add_info, v.vendor_street, v.vendor_city, v.vendor_state, v.vendors_zipcode, v.vendor_country, v.account_number, v.vendors_status_send, os.shipping_module, os.shipping_method, os.shipping_cost, os.shipping_tax, os.vendor_order_sent from " . TABLE_VENDORS . " v,  " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " os where v.vendors_id=os.vendors_id and v.vendors_id='" . $vendors_id . "' and os.orders_id='" . (int)$oID . "' and v.vendors_status_send='" . $status . "'");
	   while ($vendor_order = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_data_query)) {
$vendor_products[$index2] = array('Vid' => $vendor_order['vendors_id'],
						 'Vname' => $vendor_order['vendors_name'],
						 'Vemail' => $vendor_order['vendors_email'],
						 'Vcontact' => $vendor_order['vendors_contact'],
						 'Vaccount' => $vendor_order['account_number'],
						 'Vstreet' => $vendor_order['vendor_street'],
						 'Vcity' => $vendor_order['vendor_city'],
						 'Vstate' => $vendor_order['vendor_state'],
						 'Vzipcode' => $vendor_order['vendors_zipcode'],
						 'Vcountry' => $vendor_order['vendor_country'],
						 'Vaccount' => $vendor_order['account_number'],							   'Vinstructions' => $vendor_order['vendor_add_info'],
						 'Vmodule' => $vendor_order['shipping_module'],							   'Vmethod' => $vendor_order['shipping_method']);
if ($debug == 'yes') {
echo 'The vendor query: ' . $vendor_order['vendors_id'] . '<br>';
  }
							   $index = 0;
$vendor_orders_products_query = tep_db_query("select o.orders_id, o.orders_products_id, o.products_model, o.products_id, o.products_quantity, o.products_name, p.vendors_id,  p.vendors_prod_comments, p.vendors_prod_id, p.vendors_product_price from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " o, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where p.vendors_id='" . (int)$vendor_order['vendors_id'] . "' and o.products_id=p.products_id and o.orders_id='" . $oID . "' order by o.products_name");
	while ($vendor_orders_products = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_orders_products_query)) {
  $vendor_products[$index2]['vendor_orders_products'][$index] = array(
								  'Pqty' => $vendor_orders_products['products_quantity'],
								  'Pname' => $vendor_orders_products['products_name'],
								  'Pmodel' => $vendor_orders_products['products_model'],
								  'Pprice' => $vendor_orders_products['products_price'],
								  'Pvendor_name' => $vendor_orders_products['vendors_name'],
								  'Pcomments' => $vendor_orders_products['vendors_prod_comments'],
								  'PVprod_id' => $vendor_orders_products['vendors_prod_id'],
								  'PVprod_price' => $vendor_orders_products['vendors_product_price'],
								  'spacer' => '-');
							   //MVS end
			   if ($debug == 'yes') {
echo 'The products query: ' . $vendor_orders_products['products_name'] . '<br>';
}
	$subindex = 0;
  $vendor_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select products_options, products_options_values, options_values_price, price_prefix from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "' and orders_products_id = '" . (int)$vendor_orders_products['orders_products_id'] . "'");
	if (tep_db_num_rows($vendor_attributes_query)) {
	  while ($vendor_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($vendor_attributes_query)) {
	  $vendor_products[$index2]['vendor_orders_products'][$index]['vendor_attributes'][$subindex] = array('option' => $vendor_attributes['products_options'],
																 'value' => $vendor_attributes['products_options_values'],
																 'prefix' => $vendor_attributes['price_prefix'],
																 'price' => $vendor_attributes['options_values_price']);

$subindex++;
	  }
	}
	$index++;
  }
 $index2++;
// let's build the email
  // Get the delivery address
 $delivery_address_query = tep_db_query("select distinct delivery_company, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id='" . $oID ."'");
 $vendor_delivery_address_list = tep_db_fetch_array($delivery_address_query);

if ($debug == 'yes') {
echo 'The number of vendors: ' . sizeof($vendor_products) . '<br>';
 }
$email='';
for ($l=0, $m=sizeof($vendor_products); $l<$m; $l++) {

$vendor_country = tep_get_country_name($vendor_products[$l]['Vcountry']);
$order_number= $oID;
$vendors_id=$vendor_products[$l]['Vid'];
$the_email=$vendor_products[$l]['Vemail'];
$the_name=$vendor_products[$l]['Vname'];
$the_contact=$vendor_products[$l]['Vcontact'];
$email=  '<b>To: ' . $the_contact . '  <br>' . $the_name . '<br>' . $the_email . '<br>' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vstreet'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vcity'] .', ' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vstate'] .'  ' .
$vendor_products[$l]['Vzipcode'] . ' ' . $vendor_country . '<br>' . '<br>' . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . 'Special Comments or Instructions:  ' . $vendor_products[$l]['Vinstructions'] .'<br>' . '<br>' . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . 'From: ' . STORE_OWNER . '<br>' . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . '<br>' . 'Accnt #: ' . $vendor_products[$l]['Vaccount'] . '<br>' . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . '<br>' .  EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . '<br> Shipping Method: ' .  $vendor_products[$l]['Vmodule'] . ' -- '  .  $vendor_products[$l]['Vmethod'] .  '<br>' .  EMAIL_SEPARATOR . '<br>' . '<br>Dropship deliver to:<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_company'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_name'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_street_address'] .'<br>' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_city'] .', ' .
$vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_state'] . ' ' . $vendor_delivery_address_list['delivery_postcode'] . '<br><br>';
$email = $email .  '<table width="75%" border=1 cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
<tr><td>Qty:</td><td>Product Name:</td><td>Item Code/Number:</td><td>Product Model:</td><td>Per Unit Price:</td><td>Item Comments: </td></tr>';
	   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products']); $i<$n; $i++) {
  $product_attribs ='';
  if (isset($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes']) && (sizeof($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes']) > 0)) {

for ($j = 0, $k = sizeof($vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes']); $j < $k; $j++) {
	 $product_attribs .= '  ' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' .  $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['vendor_attributes'][$j]['value'] . '<br>';
	}
	}
	$email = $email . '<tr><td> ' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['Pqty'] .
 '</td><td> ' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['Pname'] . '<br>  <i>Option<br> ' . $product_attribs .
 '</td><td> ' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['PVprod_id'] .
 '</td><td> ' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['Pmodel'] .
 '</td><td> ' . $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['PVprod_price'] . '</td><td>' .
 $vendor_products[$l]['vendor_orders_products'][$i]['Pcomments'] . '</b></td></tr>';

}
}
$email = $email . '</table><br><HR><br>';

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS) ;
 $vendor_order_sent = 'yes';

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = '" . tep_db_input($vendor_order_sent) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");

if ($debug == 'yes') {
	   echo 'The $email(including headers:<br>Vendor Email Addy' . $the_email . '<br>Vendor Name' . $the_name . '<br>Vendor Contact' . $the_contact . '<br>Body--<br>' . $email . '<br>';
	   }
 }

return true;
} //MVS end

Does anything jump out at you here?

Cheers

Jim