• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

I appreciate VERY MUCH your offer. However, your inbox reports to be full and thus I can't send you an email.

Alex

MY email

Try me again

Sorry bout that.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

has anyone noticed that the vendor emails do not automatically get sent, (must be done manually in admin-customers-orders) or is this just me?

where do i look to find that piece of code so i can start debug.

also is there a way i can debug the xml output sent to ups so i can see how the xml is being written by my store, i need to see this for debugging purposes.

The code that sends the email is in checkout_process.php, and it should work as is. Does on the close to hundred sites I have installed it on.

In the UPSXML file, you will find a line that can be uncommented to send a debug email.

Good luck, Craig

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I just went through a fresh install of MVS on an unmodified installation of osC. I noticed all the talk about USPS not working correctly and having to edit the usps.php file.

I didn't make any USPS modifications and tested it out and haven't noticed any problems with it.

My question is, if you're using the latest release of osC and MVS 1.1, do I really need to make the USPS changes or did USPS fix their 'code tinkering' on the API?

Has anyone resolved the issue listed below about the Products Vendors field defaulting to NONE? I tried following this thread but did not find the answer. Any help would be appreciated. This is also happening to me on the Vendors Model Number field.

Brian

Ok, I have MVS installed and working. Thanks to those involved in it's development! It's obviously taken some serious dedication.

I have two minor questions, which would make using this contrib easier and more intuitive, at least for me.

First, on the orders page, there is a new button for vendor_packingslip. For all other buttons, (clicking on the original button for packingslip, for example) the button opens the packingslip in a new window. However, the new button which opens vendor_packingslip redraws my window, so that there is a back arrow in my browser. I am sorry that I don't know the correct windows terms here. The frustration is, that I often close the window and have to reload my browser from scratch. I don't quite understand how buttons function, so I don't know where to look.

Second, when going to the edit page to edit a product in the catalog, the new Products Vendors field defaults to NONE, which is equivalent to my 1st Vendor. I find that when I make some random change to a product, I inadvertantly change the Vendor assignment. What would need to be changed to have it "remember" it's setting?

thank you for any help,

Ron

Hi,

I've got MVS 1.1 installed and it works great except when I have 2 vendors that ship via usps. When I have an item in my cart from each of those vendors and try to check out, I get the "ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED" message.

The second vendor's shipping selection isn't getting passed to $shipping['vendor'].

Please help!

Thanks,

Steve

Well, it's a non-issue now. I installed usps a second time as a renamed module (so now I have usps installed twice for vendors). One is active for one vendor and the second for the other and it works great.

Not sure why this is a problem with the USPS module because I tested the same scenario (2 vendors using the same shipping module) with the UPS module and had no problems at all.

-Steve

Thanks for the help bluecollarguy,

What an excellent contribution MVS is! I needed the ~MediaHound 19 Sep 2007~ help for admin/includes/database_tables.php but otherwise had no issues combining this with a very modified site.

I'm still thrilled with that vendors products report page, even though it only displayed about 6700 of over 70k products. It didn't occur to me that all would be Vendors Products ID = none specified. I wonder about limiting the page lengths?

Next up is UPSXML 1.2.6 for MVS ~ wish me luck!

Are there any variations or modifications to MVS where the vendor and of course shipping selections presented to the customer are based on the quantity currently in stock and the customers order quantity?

If not, how do others deal with an item you normally have in stock which can also be direct shipped from vendor to customer?

In our situation, it's going to depend on both our stock and order quantity, and it needs to change the shipping quote.

Another example is an item we sell individually, in case quantity, or by the pallet.

Our costs, price quotes, and shipping all depend on quantity. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the help bluecollarguy,

What an excellent contribution MVS is! I needed the ~MediaHound 19 Sep 2007~ help for admin/includes/database_tables.php but otherwise had no issues combining this with a very modified site.

I'm still thrilled with that vendors products report page, even though it only displayed about 6700 of over 70k products. It didn't occur to me that all would be Vendors Products ID = none specified. I wonder about limiting the page lengths?

Next up is UPSXML 1.2.6 for MVS ~ wish me luck!

Your welcome, the products report page needs to be modified to use the "split_page_results" class in order to break down the list appropriately, I just haven't had time to get it done yet, still working on getting a fully updated package of MVS up for download.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Are there any variations or modifications to MVS where the vendor and of course shipping selections presented to the customer are based on the quantity currently in stock and the customers order quantity?

If not, how do others deal with an item you normally have in stock which can also be direct shipped from vendor to customer?

In our situation, it's going to depend on both our stock and order quantity, and it needs to change the shipping quote.

Another example is an item we sell individually, in case quantity, or by the pallet.

Our costs, price quotes, and shipping all depend on quantity. Any thoughts on this?

This would require significant modifications to MVS or even standard osC shipping code to work. It has been requested, but I don't believe anyone has done it yet. It could be fairly tricky work, so good luck with it if you decide to tackle it.

Let us know how it goes, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

This would require significant modifications to MVS or even standard osC shipping code to work. It has been requested, but I don't believe anyone has done it yet. It could be fairly tricky work, so good luck with it if you decide to tackle it.

Let us know how it goes, Craig :)

I started out reading your thread and after about 4 pages I realized that you and the rest had exceeded my level of understanding but the facts that were driving you were the issue I had intended to ask about. I posted a response to another thread but then came upon your work and must say it is amazing that so much gets done by folks like you and Joey and the others.

My situation is much like what you started out trying to solve I believe, so I need to ask you, is what you have been working on since 2004 finished and able to do as you had hoped? I have four (4) Drop Ship locations around the US. The products are of various sizes and can amount to small or sizeable items, but nothing more than 50 pounds I believe is going to go out in a single shipment.

Geography and weight determine shipping unless you have the UPS or USPS Priority Flat Rate for their Ground or Size, respectively, I believe. So what is the outcome? Can I use your contribution to do the four locations and how did you decide to identify the Shipping Vendor? Zip code to Zip Code? I don't know how far back in this thread I need to go to get to your decision and if the Demo you have in your signature 1.1 is still the one to use or not, since the version number never changed? If I try to use that will I be able to do what I need or is there going to be a problem? I am NOT a programmer of or knowldegable of PHP and truly am amazed by your skills

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for the module. Everything appears to be working so far after a long install and a little debugging. I installed the mod distributed under the title "Fixed HTML in checkout_process". I also needed to install the "Another Bugfix for MVS 1.1 /admin/includes/database_tables.php" mod, as that error had popped up. I installed this on top of having already installed the UPS Choice mod, the Random Category Image mod, Easy Populate, and QPBPP (Quantity Price Breaks Per Product). I want to mention that a couldn't find anything to modify in admin/index.php, and still, things seem to be fine. There were a few points where the SQL strings needed to be messed around with quite a bit. Additionally, checkout_shipping.php took a lot of work to modify - the manual modification instructions don't seem to be accurate, and in the modified file included in the distribution, there are two "MVS End" commented markers one after the other, making the end point confusing. But, so far, so good - I think this was the correct version to pick for download, but I could be wrong. Just wanted to give future installers the heads up on the hurdles I had to jump.

Best,

-Adam

Can I use your contribution to do the four locations and how did you decide to identify the Shipping Vendor? Zip code to Zip Code?

The demo is still pretty representative. There are a lot of options that can be used to tune the result, so it may not represent exactly what you want.

The choice of shipping (vendor) is primarily by product, since in most cases the product will be tied to a single vendor. If your product is available from multiple locations, you can additionally choose a shipping method by zone. Zones in the USA are primarily by state or group of states, but there are mods that will do this by zip code if you absolutely must. There are something like 60,000 zip codes in the US, so consider this as a last resort if you really must do it.

Other choices, such as total quantity ordered or total weight, would require modification to the selected shipping module(s). This can be done, but is not available in the stock modules.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The demo is still pretty representative. There are a lot of options that can be used to tune the result, so it may not represent exactly what you want.

The choice of shipping (vendor) is primarily by product, since in most cases the product will be tied to a single vendor. If your product is available from multiple locations, you can additionally choose a shipping method by zone. Zones in the USA are primarily by state or group of states, but there are mods that will do this by zip code if you absolutely must. There are something like 60,000 zip codes in the US, so consider this as a last resort if you really must do it.

Other choices, such as total quantity ordered or total weight, would require modification to the selected shipping module(s). This can be done, but is not available in the stock modules.

Regards

Jim

Jim, Thanks for the reply.

As I may have said, I have 4 vendors. One each North (WI), South (TX), East (DE) and West (CA) and there are many different items (more than 50,000) but also many duplicate/identical items offered by more than one vendor but with different product codes and possible weight information.

There is no way I can manage 60K of Zip codes, so it sounds like the best thing to do is to use the Zone method, but each vendor uses a different method of shipping and when I place the order to them the shipping has to be the one they use and priced right. Each items has a different Product Codes and price; location of source of shipment maybe best if I just tag a vendor with a code and then have the program read that as the source and compute the ship to the customer's zone based on state? USPS for example uses Flat Rate Boxes. UPS has Flat Rate Ground.

If this makes sense, and I hope it does, will your MVS module that is shown in your sig be able to do this? Will I need a lot of code re-write to target the four vendors? I would love to have 4 separate db of products to enter by auto-upload (like Easy Populate) and not keyboard, but that is not available as of now. I will be keeping this simple as an alternative and maybe only using two vendors and having two sites instead of trying to mesh this much into one. If I do that, how is that better with your version of MVS? Does it make this easier to work with?

I appreciate your suggestions and comments. I am very grateful to all of you that do this and wish that I could learn it, but after 10 days of osC I am still a newbie and rely on you experts to learn. Have great day and weekend!!

Terry

Regards

Jim

Jim, Thanks for the reply.

As I may have said, I have 4 vendors. One each North (WI), South (TX), East (DE) and West (CA) and there are many different items (more than 50,000) but also many duplicate/identical items offered by more than one vendor but with different product codes and possible weight information.

There is no way I can manage 60K of Zip codes, so it sounds like the best thing to do is to use the Zone method, but each vendor uses a different method of shipping and when I place the order to them the shipping has to be the one they use and priced right. Each items has a different Product Codes and price; location of source of shipment maybe best if I just tag a vendor with a code and then have the program read that as the source and compute the ship to the customer's zone based on state? USPS for example uses Flat Rate Boxes. UPS has Flat Rate Ground.

If this makes sense, and I hope it does, will your MVS module that is shown in your sig be able to do this? Will I need a lot of code re-write to target the four vendors? I would love to have 4 separate db of products to enter by auto-upload (like Easy Populate) and not keyboard, but that is not available as of now. I will be keeping this simple as an alternative and maybe only using two vendors and having two sites instead of trying to mesh this much into one. If I do that, how is that better with your version of MVS? Does it make this easier to work with?

I appreciate your suggestions and comments. I am very grateful to all of you that do this and wish that I could learn it, but after 10 days of osC I am still a newbie and rely on you experts to learn. Have great day and weekend!!

Terry

<snipped>

Yes, MVS will work, with some restrictions. Use version 1.1 plus a couple of patches (see the link below, and ask questions if you're uncertain.) The problems come when you have multiple sources for the same product. Some modules will work for this (UPSXML and USPS will, if memory serves) and others will not. You can't iuse the same module to ship the same product from two different locations. We should probably fix this someday. For now, you can use otehr modules to simulate the desired shipping method. You can use the Flat Rate module for flat rate shipping for either UPS or USPS, for example.

You will need to set up more than 4 vendors. Set up 4 to cover the unique products from each of your vendors. For products that are available from more than one vendor, set up a separate vendor for each group, and set up multiple shipping modules, one for each shipping location, restricted to the appropriate zone.

You may need to accept shipping quotes that are not perfectly exact to get all of this to work for you. It's going to be a big job with that many products anyway.

Regards

Jim

Hi all,

I just try to add MVS Shipping Estimator, v 2.1 to my oscommerce-2.2rc2a and followed all the instructions in the install file. But now I get only a blank web page when I visit my shop:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>

<BODY></BODY></HTML>

But I am still able to regularly connect to the admin section even with the new "use zone" under Admin > Configuration > Shipping/Packaging.

What could I have done wrong? Sadly I am not very experienced with PHP :(

Thanx

Jannis

The only things that could have that effect on the entire Catalog side are the optional boxes. Take those out and see what happens. If you used the shopping cart box, you'll need to replace that with your backup copy.

Edit: Too sick to see straight, much less type. Bleah.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Enter product prices in different currencies - Help with product currency in MVS...

I have set up my store to automatically update exchange rates several times a day so products can be displayed in various currencies. However, I have vendors which supply goods in different currencies e.g. USD, EUR and GBP. There have been very large fluctuations in exchange rates recently, so what I would like to do is be able to set the Net Product Price in the same currency that the vendor supplies the goods to me. The great majority of goods are bought in my default currency, but recently I have found I could easily have made losses on products that are not bought in the default currency due to exchange rate movements...

Can this be done by creating a new column (let's say products_currency) in the products table and making changes in admin/categories.php ( and I suppose admin/includes/languages/.../categories.php as there'd need to be a box to enter the currency or left blank ) ?

Can anyone provide the code to do this?

Hi,

I'm having trouble with Free Shipping with Minimum Amount on MVS.

I'm trying to get a specific vendor to ship free at a specific order amount but the module contained in the Contribution list for MVS is working off the global cart total and not the vendor total.

I'm too green at this to see which bit of code affects that although I think it ought to be reasonably simple its just baffling me.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Didgemandu

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this contrib but am receiving the following when testing:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating for Vendor - 3 : 0,"25"10,"217744466"498,"119215"8,"CA"9,"93308"117,"STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY"17,"065131319"16,"CT"50,"US"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"1.5"1529,"1"1415,"25.00"68,"USD"440,"N"1273,"01"1333,"1"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating for Vendor - 3 : 0,"125"2,"F03C"3,"Invalid sender country."99,""

Data sent to Fedex for Rating for Vendor - 3 : 0,"25"10,"217744466"498,"119215"8,"CA"9,"93308"117,"STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY"17,"065131319"16,"CT"50,"US"75,"LBS"1116,"I"1401,"1.5"1529,"1"1415,"25.00"68,"USD"440,"N"1273,"01"1333,"1"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Rating for Vendor - 3 : 0,"125"2,"F03C"3,"Invalid sender country."99,""

The drop ship state is CA. I am wondering if it is being confused with Canada.

Any ideas?

You are sending the value STORE_ORIGIN_COUNTRY instead of the country code (Should be US). Did you set the country in the Vendor admin?

Regards

Jim

I have the following in the Country section: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_country_list() in /home/lyons/public_html/admin/vendors.php on line 393

Is something missing?

tep_get_country_list() is a stock osCommerce function. It's in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php. If you are seeing this error on the Admin side, you need to copy that function over to the equivalent Admin file.

Regards

Jim

I got it to work by manually adding the country code in phpadmin. I did find the difference in html_output files that you pointed out, but now I have a drop down menu for the country input in vendor admin but it is blank.