• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Hi,

I was able to install MVS successfully, however I found that there is something wrong with my USPS module. When someone goes to checkout, it shows "EXPRESS,PRIORITY,FIRST CLASS" as the choices. If I choose Priority, or the First Class (2nd and 3rd on my list), upon checkout, it still defaults back to EXPRESS and charges the customer the EXPRESS rate. I currently have MVS V1.1 installed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Brian

Hi,

I was able to install MVS successfully, however I found that there is something wrong with my USPS module. When someone goes to checkout, it shows "EXPRESS,PRIORITY,FIRST CLASS" as the choices. If I choose Priority, or the First Class (2nd and 3rd on my list), upon checkout, it still defaults back to EXPRESS and charges the customer the EXPRESS rate. I currently have MVS V1.1 installed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Brian

See the most recent USPS fix information here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4129

It was a capitalization bug we fixed back in December 07.

Hi.

I have MVS-V1.1 installed and have been using it with great success for about two years now. I have developed a small problem with it and have not been able to locate my problem. I will demonstrate my problem with screen shots.

1. This is a proper listing in my catalog side in the my account area showing product_history_info.php under order information how the information was once displayed properly.

Screen_shot1.jpg

2. The Is how the information in the same place is now displayed improperly.

Screen_shot2.jpg

As you can see the product information is not showing. The table is now missing as well as the RMA returns link.

3. Also in the admin area admin/orders.php under details, was showing this information. The proper format.

Screen_shot_admin1.jpg

4. Now is missing product information and RMA returns link, the same as the frontend. Improper format.

Screen_shot_admin2.jpg

Possibly someone could let me know where this information is called from or a fix to this problem.

Thank you in advance.

i updated to 1.2.6 of the dimensional support with mvs 1.1 and no matter how many items i add it it always puts in 3 or more boxes, ex if i set an item in admin to be in a 8x8x8 box with weight 2lbs when i check out it puts in 3 boxes ex United Parcel Service (XML) (3 pkg(s), 2.69 lbs total) if i add 14 of the same item i get United Parcel Service (XML) (3 pkg(s), 33.25 lbs total) another example is if i have a large item United Parcel Service (XML) (3 pkg(s), 71.56 lbs total) should be put in a 24x24x24 box at 60lbs as set in the admin, it cant be split cuz its a big ol oscilliscope. so where do i need to look to start troubleshooting.

For some time now I have been attempting to install MVS 1.1. I have most of the modifications made but can't finish because there are 5 files which don't contain the code blocks the instructions tell me to search for and replace with new code. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Is there someone here willing to help me figure this out??

The files in question are:

• catalog/account_history_info.php
  • catalog/classes/shopping_cart.php
  • catalog/admin/categories.php
  • catalog/admin/index.php
  • catalog/admin/invoice.php

For the record, we are working with OSc v2.2 RC1.

Alex

You can ignore the changes for catalog/admin/index.php -- that whole page is useless. For the others, try looking at the modified file in the MVS distribution. All of the changes are marked MVS or Vendor, and should match the instructions by line number. That should give you enough context to find the location of the changes in RC1.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Glad to drop catalog/admin/index.php from the list of files to worry about.

I have been working tonight on the 2 remaining files in the catalog area. It is slow and hard to figure out since we have so many other contributions installed. Fancier Invoices and SPPC seem to be the two I contend with the most. I THINK I have them figured out, however. Next will be the two remaining admin files.

Any advice or sample files for installing MVS when Fancier Invoices AND SPPC are already installed?

Alex

You can ignore the changes for catalog/admin/index.php -- that whole page is useless. For the others, try looking at the modified file in the MVS distribution. All of the changes are marked MVS or Vendor, and should match the instructions by line number. That should give you enough context to find the location of the changes in RC1.

Regards

Jim

<snippage>

Any advice or sample files for installing MVS when Fancier Invoices AND SPPC are already installed?

Alex

Nothing explicit; I haven't tried to merger either of those. Maybe somebody else here has.

MVS changes invoices to show the additional shipping, so you'll definitely have some work to do there. Look for the shipping section and get creative. Some trial and error may be needed to get it to look right with the fancy formatting.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Thanks again for the help you are to those of us struggling to figure this stuff out.

I completed the changes to all the files. With each change I felt confident that I had it right. I proceeded to update the database, upload the new files and finally to upload the edited files. The Catalog side works but the Admin side is 100% broken! I get NOTHING at all when I try to go to the login page for the admin side. So, something isn't right somewhere.

Before I start over on the admin files would you happen to have a suggestion as to where I should look first?

(BTW, I did have a backup of the files so I have been able to restore the admin files and login as in the past. However, there is an entry in the list "BOX_HEADING_VENDORS" so apparently something about MVS is still being called. Anyway, we aren't locked out of the system.)

Alex

The new admin system includes a password system; that may be what is causing problems. I would suggest not trying to use any of the MVS admin pages. The classes, functions, etc. in admin/includes etc. should be OK, but don't use the ones that are full pages. You'll need to patch those by hand. I haven't actually done this (my osCommerce stores are all patched MS2.2) so I can't say for sure. Maybe try changing one page at a time and see what happens.

Oh, and you probably can't copy admin/includes/application_top.php either, since that was modified to check passwords. I think.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

I'm a bit confused. We are using v2.2 RC1. There is a login/password page to get into the admin section. Is there some sort of additional password system with the later releases of OSC?

If we don't use any of the MVS admin pages, how do we use MVS?? I mean, aren't the admin pages where you setup which vendors ship what?

"...don't use the ones are that full pages." Um, what? Which ones are full pages? I have no idea what you are saying there.

I did just realize that when uploading the NEW files I saw the following note in the Admin_Install.txt file.

###### admin/includes/classes/vendor_order_data.php(added directly to classes/order.php for PHP compatibility)######

I admit to being a bit confused by that line as well. Just tack vendor_order_data.php to the end of order.php? It is yet to be done.

Alex

Sorry; I never know how detailed I need to get in these explanations. Let's try this again.

You will need to patch all of the files in admin/ by hand. You will also need to patch admin/includes/application_top by hand. All of these files are likely to have been changed enough to not work with RC1. Other files may or may not be the same between the two versions. Check the file headers or (better) compare the files, or just patch everything by hand.

The admin login that you are referring to was added in RC1. It doesn't exist in the older versions. Since MVS was built on MS2, the files are incompatible with the login system. Or so I've been told; I haven't tried this myself. You need to patch the RS1 files in admin/ rather than just copying in the MVS files to avoid this problem.

The note in Admin_Install.txt refers to an older version of MVS. It's there to tell those people who are upgrading from an older version that the file admin/includes/classes/vendor_order_data.php is no longer used and can be deleted. You can ignore that.

Let me know if I've missed something or am still unclear.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Patching all the files by hand: I thought I just finished doing that. If you mean that each file must be custom programmed to work with RC1 then we can't use MVS, since I don't have the capability to do that.

Alex

If you have hand patched all of the files, something is wrong in one of your patches. That should work. What page are you seeing that's blank? If it's the login for admin/index.php, try going directly to one of the other pages, like admin/orders.php. If it happens on every page, your login is messed up. MVS doesn't alter the login, so it would have to be something in a class or function. If it's only one page, look at that page code.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Oh, okay. I didn't realize I could go directly to one of the admin pages. Hopefully later today I will have the time to check it all out. But right now it is the login page that doesn't come up at all. Perhaps there is hope yet.

Alex

Jim,

I have tried to troubleshoot the MVS admin files and so far gotten no where. I cannot access those admin files directly because of the password/login issue. I did login to the admin section with the unpatched files in place and then after updating them with the patched version tried to go directly to those pages, but nothing at all would come up.

I have been checking the patches that I had made (according to Admin_Install.txt) and so far come up with nothing to explain why it won't work.

Is there anyone here willing to take the files and help us get MVS working?? We badly need it to work.

Or, is there another contribution I have overlooked that will do something similar that WILL work with RC1?

Alex

Which pages won't come up? All of them, or just certain pages?

Here's a temporary fix -- find this code in admin/includes/application_top.php [line 27]

// Include application configuration parameters
 require('includes/configure.php');

and paste this just after it

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Test code -- disable admin login
 tep_session_register('admin');
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That will let you debug the Admin. Don't leave it that way without providing some other means of password protecting the Admin, but it's fine for testing.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Which pages won't come up? All of them, or just certain pages?

I've been unable to get ANY of the patched admin pages to display anything.

Here's a temporary fix -- find this code in admin/includes/application_top.php [line 27].....

Gave it a quick try but it made no difference.

Alex

That means it's on all the pages, and not on the login page. That pretty much means you have an error in admin/includes/application_top.php or in one of the files that is added to that page by an include() or require(). Check your changes to each of those pages until you find the error.

Regards

Jim

Hello Jim & all,

Recently downloaded and began testing Multi_vendor_shipping MVS-1.1 and noticed it has a really cool feature in the file prods_by_vendor.php (Product Reports).

There in a very standard looking osc/admin page you can sort by name, ID, quantity, and price simply by clicking on the list heading.

I’ve been searching for a contribution that lends this functionality to the standard osc customer & order pages but have so far come up empty.

Anyone know where to find it?

Here (I believe I have this right) is the non-clickable code from orders.php with one line of commented code from MVS-1.1 prods_by_vendor.php the clickable part.

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL; ?></td>
<!--next line added from prods_by_vendor.php
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODS_VENDORS, '&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '&line=pid') . '">' .  TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ID . '</a>'; ?></td>
//-->				
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>
		  </tr>

Having tried everything suggested and made NO progress at all getting MVS to work with 2.2 RC1 I appeal for help from anyone who has successfully done it. I am willing to PAY for help in getting this job done. Any takers?

Alex

Having tried everything suggested and made NO progress at all getting MVS to work with 2.2 RC1 I appeal for help from anyone who has successfully done it. I am willing to PAY for help in getting this job done. Any takers?

Alex

There should be no need to pay anyone for it. Email me(use my profile) and we can probably get it worked out.

Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello Jim & all,

Recently downloaded and began testing Multi_vendor_shipping MVS-1.1 and noticed it has a really cool feature in the file prods_by_vendor.php (Product Reports).

There in a very standard looking osc/admin page you can sort by name, ID, quantity, and price simply by clicking on the list heading.

I’ve been searching for a contribution that lends this functionality to the standard osc customer & order pages but have so far come up empty.

Anyone know where to find it?

Here (I believe I have this right) is the non-clickable code from orders.php with one line of commented code from MVS-1.1 prods_by_vendor.php the clickable part.

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ORDER_TOTAL; ?></td>
<!--next line added from prods_by_vendor.php
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODS_VENDORS, '&vendors_id=' . $vendors_id . '&line=pid') . '">' .  TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ID . '</a>'; ?></td>
//-->				
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_STATUS; ?></td>
			<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>
		  </tr>

Try this for the customers:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,customer+sort

and this one for the order:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,order+sort

Be careful with both, pay close attention to the code changes as they may not match any of the newer versions of osC.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

has anyone noticed that the vendor emails do not automatically get sent, (must be done manually in admin-customers-orders) or is this just me?

where do i look to find that piece of code so i can start debug.

also is there a way i can debug the xml output sent to ups so i can see how the xml is being written by my store, i need to see this for debugging purposes.

There should be no need to pay anyone for it. Email me(use my profile) and we can probably get it worked out.

Craig :)

I appreciate VERY MUCH your offer. However, your inbox reports to be full and thus I can't send you an email.

Alex

MY email