• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Okay....I'm a kind of thrown for a loop here. I've been able to manage to upload several contributions...but these instructions are not very clear to me.

Next, look at the rest of the constants listed near the ones that you commented out. You

can ignore any of the constants that contain the string _TEXT_; those will not change. If

there are more that are similar to the ones you have commented out, you'll need to make

changes to those as well. For example (from a different module of course), you might have

a module that requires a username and password to access a remote server:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$this->access_username = MODULE_SHIPPING_BAX_USERNAME; //Set in admin

$this->access_password = MODULE_SHIPPING_BAX_PASSWORD; //Set in admin

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, comment those lines out. Next, copy the following code for each of the constants

that you have found:

function foo($vendors_id='1') {

$this->foo = constant('CONSTANT_' . $vendors_id);

return $this->foo;

}

Now......do I comment out the $this codes above and what do I do with the function foo codes above...copy them to where?

I know if I had an example...I would understand this better....but this is puzzling to me.

Janet

Depending how you set the system up, depends how the shipping is charged. You can have various suppliers whom you set up their various shipping charges, so for one, you can set it up as $10 per delivery, and the other $2 per item. then when the customer buys one item from each of your suppliers, they will have the products listed by supplier and what is being charged for shipping so your customer would be charged $12. However you can also set it up so goods are sent from various suppliers, but (as far as I know so far..) you need a common shipping cost across your product range, so you could set up the shipping so the customer is charged $1 per $10 spent, then have it capped at a max cost of $10.

Basically there is all sorts of ways it can be set up. Payment methods is a different issue to MVS.

Hope the above helps :)

The problem with google checkout and paypal express checkout is that the checkout doesn't go through checkout_shipping.php. The cart contents get passed and you pass shipping rates. You can't send rates where the user has to select one for each vendor as they do in checkout_shipping.php. I ended up getting around it by disabling those options when there there are more than one vendors products in the cart.

Okay....I'm a kind of thrown for a loop here. I've been able to manage to upload several contributions...but these instructions are not very clear to me.

Next, look at the rest of the constants listed near the ones that you commented out. You

can ignore any of the constants that contain the string _TEXT_; those will not change. If

there are more that are similar to the ones you have commented out, you'll need to make

changes to those as well. For example (from a different module of course), you might have

a module that requires a username and password to access a remote server:

$this->access_username = MODULE_SHIPPING_BAX_USERNAME; //Set in admin

$this->access_password = MODULE_SHIPPING_BAX_PASSWORD; //Set in admin

First, comment those lines out. Next, copy the following code for each of the constants

that you have found:

function foo($vendors_id='1') {

$this->foo = constant('CONSTANT_' . $vendors_id);

return $this->foo;

}

Now......do I comment out the $this codes above and what do I do with the function foo codes above...copy them to where?

I know if I had an example...I would understand this better....but this is puzzling to me.

Janet

I think I have figured this one out...but now I am stuck on another part of the instructions where it says ....

Now things get interesting. The changes in this section vary widely between modules, so I

can only give you general instructions. You need to make changes to all of the constants

in the quote method, which is all of the code between these lines (where the row of dots

is):

my function codes look really different compared to the ones in the instructions..mine have no row of dots also...this is what mine looks like...how do I change it:

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);

return $this->quotes;

Janet

I think I have figured this one out...but now I am stuck on another part of the instructions where it says ....

Now things get interesting. The changes in this section vary widely between modules, so I

can only give you general instructions. You need to make changes to all of the constants

in the quote method, which is all of the code between these lines (where the row of dots

is):

my function codes look really different compared to the ones in the instructions..mine have no row of dots also...this is what mine looks like...how do I change it:

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);

return $this->quotes;

Janet

Nevermind...I was looking in the wrong spot...mine are located differently in the file...actually further up the file...and they do look like the example given. Not sure they are the only ones...but from I can see...they look the same. But there was my original post further up...step one of the table module modifications...I still need answered. So if someone has a moment...to look and help to answer my question.

Janet

Okay...to anyone who can help...I have finished what I thought were table modifications.

However, In the beginning in the module instructions...it says to take the table.php file from catalog/includes/modules/shipping/table.php and to make changes to this file.

At the end...after all modifications are done...it says to put it in the file to includes/modules/vendor_shipping/and close it.

Now I am confused. Because when I went to my cpanel and tried to upload it to includes/modules/vendor_shipping/ and to save it as table.php.

There is already a modified MVS file there...

Why don't I just put the table.php file back to where I got it from to begin with ....like the catalog/includes/modules/shipping/table.php ???

Or did I just modify the wrong file????

Please someone respond to this...if you know the answer.

Janet

Okay...to anyone who can help...I have finished what I thought were table modifications.

Please someone respond to this...if you know the answer.

Janet

I don't know the exact answer, but may be able to give a little help.

See my pm.

Using v2.2 RC1 with Fedex Shipping Module. Installing 2.0 Version of this Contribution. Editing and uploading of the files used for the test seemed to go alright. After adding to basket and then running test.php did get the cost estimator menu. Pressed Shopping Cart button and then entered the Zip Code (5 Digit) and it worked fine. I received the Internal Server Error when trying the New Address button. The other buttons seem to work fine. I have not installed the three modified files mentioned while in Test Mode. I feel so close to getting this done. Any Help please!

Edited by Berlyn

Using v2.2 RC1 with Fedex Shipping Module. Installing 2.0 Version of this Contribution. Editing and uploading of the files used for the test seemed to go alright. After adding to basket and then running test.php did get the cost estimator menu. Pressed Shopping Cart button and then entered the Zip Code (5 Digit) and it worked fine. I received the Internal Server Error when trying the New Address button. The other buttons seem to work fine. I have not installed the three modified files mentioned while in Test Mode. I feel so close to getting this done. Any Help please!

Give us the exact error message you are getting and I'll try to help.

Regards

Jim

Edit: I'm still not getting update messages for this thread, so I may not see your reply. PM me if I don't check back in a day or two.

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Give us the exact error message you are getting and I'll try to help.

Regards

Jim

Edit: I'm still not getting update messages for this thread, so I may not see your reply. PM me if I don't check back in a day or two.

Step 1 Picture:

fe-01.jpg

Step 2 Picture:

fe-02.jpg

Step 3 Picture results:

fe-03.jpg

Step 4 Picture after pressing New Address Button:

fe-04.jpg

Sending PM with additional Info

Well, that error message is completely useless. We'll have to do this the hard way.

I would first try this with a different browser, such as Firefox. IE sometimes throws a hissy fit where the others just work, or give decent error messages.

The "New Address" button links back to the same file with the action set to "reset". You can see what that does in ship_estimator.php lines 403-409. Basically, it deletes the address data and then reloads the page. products_ship_estimator has the same code, or should (Some earlier version have incorrect code here.) You can try commenting out lines 404-407 to see if that helps. You could also try changing line 408 from NONSSL to SSL. That's all I can think of for right now. If any of those work, we can try to narrow it down further and come up with a permanent fix.

Regards

Jim

Well, that error message is completely useless. We'll have to do this the hard way.

I would first try this with a different browser, such as Firefox. IE sometimes throws a hissy fit where the others just work, or give decent error messages.

The "New Address" button links back to the same file with the action set to "reset". You can see what that does in ship_estimator.php lines 403-409. Basically, it deletes the address data and then reloads the page. products_ship_estimator has the same code, or should (Some earlier version have incorrect code here.) You can try commenting out lines 404-407 to see if that helps. You could also try changing line 408 from NONSSL to SSL. That's all I can think of for right now. If any of those work, we can try to narrow it down further and come up with a permanent fix.

Regards

Jim

Sorry Jim, Can't make sense of what to comment out by the Line Numbers. Would you mind listing the actual code to line out so I can search for it. The same for the line that contains NONSSL.

Sorry Jim, Can't make sense of what to comment out by the Line Numbers. Would you mind listing the actual code to line out so I can search for it. The same for the line that contains NONSSL.

Here's Lines 403-409 of ship_estimator.php:

case 'reset': //Remove data so that customer may select a different ship-to
  tep_session_unregister ('shippostcode');
  tep_session_unregister ('shipzone');
  tep_session_unregister ('shipcountry');
  tep_session_close();
  tep_redirect (tep_href_link (FILENAME_SHIP_ESTIMATOR, '', 'NONSSL') );
  break;

That's straight from the Version 2.1 distribution. If you have something else in those lines, you might have just found your problem.

Regards

Jim

tep_session_close();
  break;

That's straight from the Version 2.1 distribution. If you have something else in those lines, you might have just found your problem.

Regards

Jim

I have installed using 2.0

I have installed using 2.0

There were some bugs in 2.0. You should probably upgrade -- see the readme.txt in 2.1 for details. That may very well solve your problem.

Regards

Jim

tep_session_close();
  break;

Regards

Jim

Changed V2.0 NONSSL to SSL and the test mode is working. I will now upload the 3 other files for going live and give it a shot. Thanks Jim!.

Look through the checkout_process.php file for all the Vendor related data, then track it back through the checkout to collect it. This really should only product and Vendor specific information related to each product.

In an effort to verify my files I uploaded a set of checkout_*.php from a virgin osc install. Only to find I still don't get any vendor emails :blink: I tried an order with the admin MVS set to true and false. So perhaps the error is not with these files. Any idea where else I should look please?

Thinking aloud... seems strange that with the MVS modified files I should get vendor emails with MVS set to true. Is there a file outside the checkout_*.php files that I should look at?

Thanks

Steve

If anyone can give me any pointers on this please, as I'm still struggling to get this sorted.

No, "tep_href_link" is defined in "includes/functions/html_output.php"

This is a function built to make sure sessions id's and other background data is being passed properly.

Check that file and see if there are any issues there, Craig :)

okay...I finally got the vendor module working....I had a couple files in the wrong place...some minor corrections in code as well.

So now I have set up a sample vendor 1 ...but I see no shipping option to choose from for each particular vendor I use...like ups or flat rates or table rates...

I see a place for handling charges....tare weight...etc...but no shipping option to choose from for each vendor.

where do I do this at?

Sincerely,

Janet

okay...I finally got the vendor module working....I had a couple files in the wrong place...some minor corrections in code as well.

So now I have set up a sample vendor 1 ...but I see no shipping option to choose from for each particular vendor I use...like ups or flat rates or table rates...

I see a place for handling charges....tare weight...etc...but no shipping option to choose from for each vendor.

where do I do this at?

Sincerely,

Janet

In the Vendor list, highlight the Vendor you want to add shipping to, and select the "Manage" button from the right. Then you will see a listing of all the shipping modules available, they will be worked with the same way you work with "Modules" in osCommerce.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread before i have had a look and i couldn't find it.

I've installed MVS 1.1 all seems to work fine however I no longer have a login screen to my admin pannel ?

It simply just goes strait into my admin and once in there i have no link/option to log out either.

Leaving my store admin open for whomever hits that url.

I have installed.

osc 2.2 ms2

sts 4.5.8 for ms2

All work'd fine untill i installed MVS 1.1

Any ideas ??... Probably something easy I have overlook'd

Edited by Thomas_G

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread before i have had a look and i couldn't find it.

I've installed MVS 1.1 all seems to work fine however I no longer have a login screen to my admin pannel ?

It simply just goes strait into my admin and once in there i have no link/option to log out either.

Leaving my store admin open for whomever hits that url.

I have installed.

osc 2.2 ms2

sts 4.5.8 for ms2

All work'd fine untill i installed MVS 1.1

Any ideas ??... Probably something easy I have overlook'd

Sounds like you may have inadvertantly deleted the ".htaccess" file from your Admin directory. You can reset it through you cPanel, look for "Password Protect Directories" or something of the sort and follow the instructions for selecting which folder you want to protect, and set up a new username and password.

If you had another form of Admin Access installed and you simply uploaded the MVS version of the "admin/includes/application_top.php", you may simply need to check it for the proper edits.

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Sounds like you may have inadvertantly deleted the ".htaccess" file from your Admin directory. You can reset it through you cPanel, look for "Password Protect Directories" or something of the sort and follow the instructions for selecting which folder you want to protect, and set up a new username and password.

If you had another form of Admin Access installed and you simply uploaded the MVS version of the "admin/includes/application_top.php", you may simply need to check it for the proper edits.

Check'd and everything is as it was/ I edited the application_top.php file .htaccess still there and untouch'd

My hosting is with godaddy for some reason this means I have to run osc with register globals turn'd on .. don't know if this is the problem ?

I don't have a cpanel in my godaddy hosting.

Any other ideas ?.., I have no clue

In the Vendor list, highlight the Vendor you want to add shipping to, and select the "Manage" button from the right. Then you will see a listing of all the shipping modules available, they will be worked with the same way you work with "Modules" in osCommerce.

Okay...that was so silly of me...how could I have overlooked it. I was clicking all those buttons. I had remembered seeing it before...but couldn't remember where. I must have thought I clicked on the manage button the second time around and didn't. Gosh thanks for your help.

Janet :rolleyes:

I was wondering if anyone had solved getting the data added to the vendor_shipping_table when a customer uses the PayPal IPN. I have been trying for a couple days now to get this working with limited success. It seems some people have had some success already but no one has posted anything particularly useful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

There were some bugs in 2.0. You should probably upgrade -- see the readme.txt in 2.1 for details. That may very well solve your problem.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim. I will do that.