• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Take a look at checkout_shipping.php (around line 60ff) to see if the modifications are made. It should look like this:

//MVS
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'vendor_shipping.php');
$shipping_modules = new shipping;
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
$shipping_modules = new shipping;
$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
$cost = $cart->show_total();
$total_count = $cart->count_contents();
 }

Regards

Jim

Which line should that be?

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

60 and following.

Regards

Jim

Sorry, wasn't familiar with that!

The code does match.

Around line 314, I am a bit confused as to "look for the shipping module include" I am looking around some more at this...

(thanks so much for walking me through this!)

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Well, now I just realized I will need to install a payments module for PayPal Website Payments Pro, so maybe doing so will overwrite whatever problem is in the code?

Paypal has its own set of problems, but I doubt they will fix shipping problems. I would suggest that you get this working first. Somewhere in your code you have a include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php'); that shouldn't be there. Start by looking near the lines I mentioned above, then go through the entire file if necessary. You need to find that code and get rid of it or this will never work.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Paypal has its own set of problems, but I doubt they will fix shipping problems. I would suggest that you get this working first. Somewhere in your code you have a include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php'); that shouldn't be there. Start by looking near the lines I mentioned above, then go through the entire file if necessary. You need to find that code and get rid of it or this will never work.

Regards

Jim

Okay, I found include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php'); in /checkout_shipping.php and deleted it. That was the only place I was able to find it.

Now I uploaded the modified file and got this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/checkout_shipping.php on line 86

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/checkout_shipping.php:86) in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

line 86

foreach ($vendor_shipping as $vendor_id => $vendor_data) {

line 33

not sure what to think of this

So, line 86 I replaced $vendor_id with $vendors_id ?

and now get this error only:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class shipping in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 0
Edited by AndreaFahy

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Okay, I found include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php'); in /checkout_shipping.php and deleted it. That was the only place I was able to find it.

Now I uploaded the modified file and got this:

line 86

foreach ($vendor_shipping as $vendor_id => $vendor_data) {

line 33

not sure what to think of this

So, line 86 I replaced $vendor_id with $vendors_id ?

and now get this error only:

The first error is usually caused by failing to set up at least one shipping method for each vendor. If you have done that, you have some more editing errors to find, and these are going to be a lot harder. The second error is a result of the first and can be ignored.

Regards

Jim

Ok, I will check that.

But, now I choose a shipping method and proceed and see the error in red:

ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED

But I will check into what you have said. Would that make a difference if I am testing checkout with one product from only one vendor though (a vendor that has two shipping methods as choices?)

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Yea, I just continually get directed back to the Delivery Information, Shipping Option page with the error "No Shipping Selected"

Any thoughts on where to find an error for that?

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

*L* I am really feeling like a dullard now, b/c I keep bouncing back and forth b/t the same errors.

Back to:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class shipping in /home/httpd/vhosts/bonsaibirds.com/httpdocs/shop/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 0

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Has anybody managed to get Ship in Cart http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1781/ (or similar) to work with MVS

I have spent the last couple of days trying to get this to work, but can't seem to get it to function correctly

I really need a shipping estimator that works with MVS.

Thanks in advance for any help getting this to work.

Anybody?

I have spent a few more days trying to get this contribution to work with MVS, but they seem to get the data differently and I am at a loss to figure it out.

I have been trying to impliment the code changes that were done to checkout_shipping.php into shipping_estimator.php but without any luck.

In the latest MVS package I see that getting shipping_estimator.php to work with MVS is on the wishlist, and I know it would be a widely used contribution if anybody can figure out how to do it.

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

So I set up a shipping option for the other vendor. Then found these again in checkout_shipping.php $vendor_id changed to $vendors_id

and that fixed the no shipping chosen error

It should be $vendor_id in this file. We weren't terribly consistent throughout the code. Probably should fix that one some day, if anybody ever has the time. So changing that will just block the error while generating a different one. I suggest that you review all of the changes to this file against the changes in the instructions. If you haven't made changes to this file for any other reason, then just replace the file with the one in the distribution.

Regards

Jim

One vendor works great, with USPS shipping option.

Vendor Two, with UPS receives this error:

110604: Invalid package declared value

And then I receive this e-mail message:

UPSXML Rates Error: 110604: Invalid package declared value experienced by customer

Any thoughts?

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Is there a version that is recommended? I'm looking at the contributions and they seem to be in bits and pieces added to the mix here and there by different people. It is confusing and disheartening if I have to start with a very old version and make 15 or so updates.

One vendor works great, with USPS shipping option.

Vendor Two, with UPS receives this error:

110604: Invalid package declared value

And then I receive this e-mail message:

UPSXML Rates Error: 110604: Invalid package declared value experienced by customer

Any thoughts?

Hmmm...

Well it sounds like perhaps your insurance value is not a value UPS likes, which UPS module did you setup for this Vendor?

Is there a version that is recommended? I'm looking at the contributions and they seem to be in bits and pieces added to the mix here and there by different people. It is confusing and disheartening if I have to start with a very old version and make 15 or so updates.

No, MVS 1.1 should be the only REAL package you should download. There are a few bugs to be corrected though. I have simply been too busy to put together an updated package with complete instructions. The best thing to do is to install MVS 1.1(make sure you backup your site first, including ALL files that are changed or replaced) and if you encounter any issues, then come and search through this thread(there is a search function) to find the bug fix.

Good luck to both of you, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I've updated the BAX shipping module, for any of you that are using it. The MVS version is included with the regular version. See the link in my sig if you want it.

Regards

Jim

Hi all, very new to the oscommerce world so please be gentle :-"

I have installed MVS and all the bug fixes but have the following error when trying to add a new product :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in /home/sites/saffron-star-trading.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 653

I have installed MVS onto a fresh install with only the Region_Globals patch installed.

I've looked through this topic but couldn't find an answer, please help as my other half is bugging me to get the shop online :blink:

Nathan

Edited by saffron-star

Hi all, very new to the oscommerce world so please be gentle :-"

I have installed MVS and all the bug fixes but have the following error when trying to add a new product :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in /home/sites/saffron-star-trading.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 653

I have installed MVS onto a fresh install with only the Region_Globals patch installed.

I've looked through this topic but couldn't find an answer, please help as my other half is bugging me to get the shop online :blink:

Nathan

MVS 1.1 doesn't use that function. It comes from the Header Tags Controller contribution. You should not have that in a vanilla install, unless the Register Globals contribution has it as an option. You could try asking in the support thread for Register Globals.

On the other hand, this is showing up in an admin page, and the Header Tags Controller contribution is never applied to admin pages. I think that you could safely comment out the line that contains that function. Should be worth a try.

Regards

Jim

MVS 1.1 doesn't use that function. It comes from the Header Tags Controller contribution. You should not have that in a vanilla install, unless the Register Globals contribution has it as an option. You could try asking in the support thread for Register Globals.

On the other hand, this is showing up in an admin page, and the Header Tags Controller contribution is never applied to admin pages. I think that you could safely comment out the line that contains that function. Should be worth a try.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that, think I was to blame, just found I had downloaded the MVS + Headers pack!! :-"

Re-downloaded the original 1.1 pack and all is working again now.

Thanks for your reply.

Nathan

MVS 1.1 should be the only REAL package you should download. There are a few bugs to be corrected though. I have simply been too busy to put together an updated package with complete instructions. The best thing to do is to install MVS 1.1(make sure you backup your site first, including ALL files that are changed or replaced) and if you encounter any issues, then come and search through this thread(there is a search function) to find the bug fix.

Thanks for responding. I've installed MVS 1.1, and outside of a few minor issues which I was able to resolve, it seems to be up and running.

You can now set the shipping parameters for each product individually. All of the following (and more) are possible:

1. Most products ship by a selection of standard shipping methods, but certain large and heavy items

ship by truck.

2. Products ship from one of two or more locations.

3. Some products ship by a selection of standard shipping methods, some must ship by a specific

method, others ship directly from several different suppliers.

4. Any combination of the above.

You can have orders sent directly to your supplier in the case of products that are shipped directly

from that supplier.

Question: Where? How? do I put the shipping costs?

All of the necessary settings are controlled in the admin panel. There is an Admin page to set up

each Vendor (or shipper, or shipping method). There is an Admin panel for setting shipping modules

for each vendor, similar to the Shipping Modules page in the current Admin.

I see the page to set up the vendors, but nothing else that seems to be for setting up shipping modules per vendor.

All I see is (on the edit vendor page)

The Vendor's handling charge:

Fee per box:

Tare Weight:

Percentage-based Tare Weight:

Maximum box weight:

Number of zones (Zones module):

This doesn't tell me anything other than it is a suggestion to set a rule per vendor. This doesn't seem to allow me to set a combination of shipping options. Where do I set the shipping options?

Thank you.

Thanks for responding. I've installed MVS 1.1, and outside of a few minor issues which I was able to resolve, it seems to be up and running.

I see the page to set up the vendors, but nothing else that seems to be for setting up shipping modules per vendor.

This doesn't tell me anything other than it is a suggestion to set a rule per vendor. This doesn't seem to allow me to set a combination of shipping options. Where do I set the shipping options?

Thank you.

From the page showing you the list of Vendors, you will see a button, "Manage", select the Vendor you want to work with, and click that button. You will see the shipping modules available to install for the selected Vendor.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thank you.

From the page showing you the list of Vendors, you will see a button, "Manage", select the Vendor you want to work with, and click that button. You will see the shipping modules available to install for the selected Vendor.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!