• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

If the database is showing the problem then the error is not in the Admin side. If you have made no other changes to checkout_process.php, try using the version in the MVS distribution. The same goes for catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and vendor_shipping.php and catalog/checkout_shipping.php. If you have made other changes to those files you should check them with a diff tool instead of just plugging in the distribution file.

Those are the most likely places to look. This could be something like a patch that was done twice, so keep an eye out for duplicated code. Please let us know what you find; I'm really puzzled by this one.

Regards

Jim

I have compared all of the above-mentioned files with the versions included in the MVS download. This tells me that it is stemming from an edit made to another file. I know that everything used to work once upon a time, and now that those files have been confirmed as unaltered, they are off the suspect list.

Now the question remains..... where do I look to find some more suspects? :-)

Now the question remains..... where do I look to find some more suspects? :-)

On a related note, I did find some duplicated code in seo.class.php. I had intended to simply comment out the original code and add the replacement code after it in case it didn't work I would still have the original to revert back. Apparently that idea didn't work. I did the regular PHP block comment and for some reason I have a feeling it did not actually comment out the code.

I deleted the "commented code" and then my host had some issue with register_globals being off..... so I got them to fix that.

They got this corrected and I went to log in to the store under a test account to see if the deleting of the "duplicated" code corrected the problem. The store is telling me I have the incorrect username and/or password when I know for a fact this is correct. I then attempted to log in under the master password with several of the user accounts and it gave me the same problem.

My next step was to try to create a new user account. After filling out the form and clicking "submit", it brought up the same page (create_account.php) with all fields blank. I checked the MySQL database through PHPMyAdmin and saw that all user passwords are still in the database, and no new data has been added for the user that I attempted to create.

WTF?!?!

Here's the kicker: I did not make any changes to create_account.php between the time that it was working and the time that it broke. Does anyone think this might be an issue with my host, or something else? I'm so completely totally lost it's not even funny anymore! :'(

Has ANYONE out there merged MVS with some sort of "estimated shipping" popup??

I have an estimated shipping module installed, but it really needs to be merged with MVS to work properly.... most of my vendors have free shipping, others don't... so I'd like my customer's to be able to see what the shipping costs will be BEFORE they have to create an account.

Can anyone help??? Please! :)

Has ANYONE out there merged MVS with some sort of "estimated shipping" popup??

I have an estimated shipping module installed, but it really needs to be merged with MVS to work properly.... most of my vendors have free shipping, others don't... so I'd like my customer's to be able to see what the shipping costs will be BEFORE they have to create an account.

Can anyone help??? Please! :)

www.iofast.com and www.bmotorsports.com/shop have them with MVS. Is that the sort of popup you are looking for?

www.iofast.com and www.bmotorsports.com/shop have them with MVS. Is that the sort of popup you are looking for?

I am also interested in a shipping estimator that has been integrated with MVS. And I took a look at your site, www.iofast.com, and I really like your shipping estimator.

Is there a way that I can get it?

Thanks very much!

-Lori-

You got it! I have a popup similar to that, but I need it to be integrated with MVS.

Did you manually merge MVS changes into that contribution, or is it your own creation? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Hello, I have a sudden need for MVS and it looks great. A client ships a lot of things that are 1-2 skids big and weigh a few hundred pounds. I need the option of allowing certain things to ship UPS while other items ship freight in the same order, and the option to have freight quotes and customer pickup as well.

Anyways, I wanted to come here before I take a stab at converting these contributions for MVS.

I am in the need of the RFQ_v1_3.zip to work with MVS that can be found here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3753

I am also in the need of Pickup_withAddressLink.zip which can be found here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3354

If anyone has already modified these for MVS or have a need for them as well please let me know.

Modifying them to work with MVS seems easy enough, but I do have some questions.

Hello, has anyone tried to get MVS to work with the latest OSC 2.2 RC1 release from 7/3/07? Been looking at some of the message threads and have not seen anything specific. Before I get too deep in changes just wanted to make sure it worked OK with that version.

Thanks,

Dave

Well I've gone in and done the file changes for this mod, but I can't get it to work.

My admin panel was littered with errors and now my session has expired and I cannot log in.

This is the error now that I cannot login

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /home/site/public_html/admin/login.php on line 79

These were the errors that were littering my admin panel before my session expired, I grabbed them from my error log

Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in /home/site/public_html/admin/index.php on line 65

Call to undefined function tep_call_function() in /home/site/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 88

Call to undefined function tep_get_category_tree() in /home/site/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 822

Apparently I messed something up when doing my file edits.

Anyone know where I should start? I've been going through all my changes one by one but have not located what I did wrong as of yet.

Thanks

Edited by MediaHound

I really like the look of your shipping estimator in www.iofast.com.

Did you base it on the contribution "Estimated Shipping Costs" at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3072 ??

I couldn't find a working example of that contribution, but from the descriptions of the different updates, it didn't sound like it is a nice as the one I saw on your site.

I'd really appreciate it if I could get this contribution from you, or at least some guidance on how you implemented it, along with merging it into MVS.

Thanks very much!

Regards,

-Lori-

Me again

SO I've re-uploaded all my backed-up admin files and am doing the admin changed files edits all by hand and with a file compare utility.

Uploading my backups got the errors to go away, but now I need to do my admin mods to install MVS.

In the Admin_Install readme its telling me to open /admin/index.php

========================

Find Lines 26 thru 30

========================

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'image' => 'catalog.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'),

'children' => array(array('title' => CATALOG_CONTENTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')),

array('title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'selected_box=catalog')))),

===================

Add after:

===================

//MVS start

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_VENDOR_MODULES,

'image' => 'vendors.ico',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors'),

'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_HEADING_VENDORS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors')),

array('title' => BOX_VENDORS_REPORTS_PROD, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODS_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors')),

array('title' => BOX_VENDORS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors'))

)), //MVS end

HOWEVER

In the modded file there's this instead

$cat = array(array('title' => BOX_HEADING_CONFIGURATION,
				 'image' => 'configuration.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=1'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_MYSTORE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=1')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_LOGGING, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=10')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_CACHE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=11')))),
		   array('title' => BOX_HEADING_MODULES,
				 'image' => 'modules.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'selected_box=modules&set=payment'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_MODULES_PAYMENT, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'selected_box=modules&set=payment')),
									 array('title' => BOX_MODULES_SHIPPING, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'selected_box=modules&set=shipping')))),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => CATALOG_CONTENTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'selected_box=catalog')))),
						 //MVS start
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_HEADING_VENDORS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors')),
									 array('title' => BOX_VENDORS_REPORTS_PROD, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODS_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors')),
									 array('title' => BOX_VENDORS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_VENDORS, 'selected_box=vendors'))
									 )), //MVS end
		   array('title' => BOX_HEADING_LOCATION_AND_TAXES,
				 'image' => 'location.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_COUNTRIES, 'selected_box=taxes'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_TAXES_COUNTRIES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_COUNTRIES, 'selected_box=taxes')),
									 array('title' => BOX_TAXES_GEO_ZONES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_GEO_ZONES, 'selected_box=taxes')))),
		   array('title' => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMERS,
				 'image' => 'customers.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=customers'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=customers')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, 'selected_box=customers')))),
		   array('title' => BOX_HEADING_LOCALIZATION,
				 'image' => 'localization.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CURRENCIES, 'selected_box=localization'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_LOCALIZATION_CURRENCIES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CURRENCIES, 'selected_box=localization')),
									 array('title' => BOX_LOCALIZATION_LANGUAGES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_LANGUAGES, 'selected_box=localization')))),
		   array('title' => BOX_HEADING_REPORTS,
				 'image' => 'reports.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, 'selected_box=reports'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => REPORTS_PRODUCTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, 'selected_box=reports')),
									 array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),
		   array('title' => BOX_HEADING_TOOLS,
				 'image' => 'tools.gif',
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP, 'selected_box=tools'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => TOOLS_BACKUP, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP, 'selected_box=tools')),
									 array('title' => TOOLS_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER, 'selected_box=tools')),
									 array('title' => TOOLS_FILES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER, 'selected_box=tools')))));

and my /admin/index.php nowhere has the find from lines 26 thru 30

========================

SO

I'm wondering if I'm only supposed to put in the

===================
Add after:
===================

//MVS start
									 )), //MVS end

OR

if I should put in the entire

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=1'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_MYSTORE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=1')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_LOGGING, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=10')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CONFIGURATION_CACHE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'selected_box=configuration&gID=11')))),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_MODULES_PAYMENT, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'selected_box=modules&set=payment')),
									 array('title' => BOX_MODULES_SHIPPING, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'selected_box=modules&set=shipping')))),
						 //MVS start
									 )), //MVS end
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_TAXES_COUNTRIES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_COUNTRIES, 'selected_box=taxes')),
									 array('title' => BOX_TAXES_GEO_ZONES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_GEO_ZONES, 'selected_box=taxes')))),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=customers')),
									 array('title' => BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, 'selected_box=customers')))),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_LOCALIZATION_CURRENCIES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CURRENCIES, 'selected_box=localization')),
									 array('title' => BOX_LOCALIZATION_LANGUAGES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_LANGUAGES, 'selected_box=localization')))),
				 'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, 'selected_box=reports'),
				 'children' => array(array('title' => REPORTS_PRODUCTS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, 'selected_box=reports')),
									 array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),
				 'image' => 'tools.gif',
				 'children' => array(array('title' => TOOLS_BACKUP, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP, 'selected_box=tools')),
									 array('title' => TOOLS_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER, 'selected_box=tools')),
									 array('title' => TOOLS_FILES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER, 'selected_box=tools')))));

basically what I'm saying is that my /admin/index.php and the one in the mod distro are VERY different

The mod /admin/index.php is this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.19 2003/06/27 09:38:31 dgw_ Exp $

Modified for MVS V1.0 2006/03/25 JCK/CWG
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2006 osCommerce
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

//MVS start
									 )), //MVS end
				 'image' => 'tools.gif',

$languages = tep_get_languages();
 $languages_array = array();
 $languages_selected = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE;
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
$languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['code'],
						   'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);
if ($languages[$i]['directory'] == $language) {
  $languages_selected = $languages[$i]['code'];
}
 }
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<style type="text/css"><!--
a { color:#080381; text-decoration:none; }
a:hover { color:#aabbdd; text-decoration:underline; }
a.text:link, a.text:visited { color: #000000; text-decoration: none; }
a:text:hover { color: #000000; text-decoration: underline; }
a.main:link, a.main:visited { color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; }
A.main:hover { color: #ffffff; text-decoration: underline; }
a.sub:link, a.sub:visited { color: #dddddd; text-decoration: none; }
A.sub:hover { color: #dddddd; text-decoration: underline; }
.heading { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.5; color: #D3DBFF; }
.main { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.5; color: #ffffff; }
.sub { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.5; color: #dddddd; }
.text { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.5; color: #000000; }
.menuBoxHeading { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #ffffff; font-weight: bold; background-color: #7187bb; border-color: #7187bb; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; }
.infoBox { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #080381; background-color: #f2f4ff; border-color: #7187bb; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; }
.smallText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }
//--></style>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<table border="0" width="600" height="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" valign="middle">
 <tr>
<td><table border="0" width="600" height="440" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" align="center" valign="middle">
  <tr bgcolor="#000000">
	<td><table border="0" width="600" height="440" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" height="50">
		<td height="50"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce', '204', '50'); ?></td>
		<td align="right" class="text" nowrap><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_ADMINISTRATION . '</a>  |  <a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link() . '">' . HEADER_TITLE_ONLINE_CATALOG . '</a>  |  <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">' . HEADER_TITLE_SUPPORT_SITE . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr bgcolor="#080381">
		<td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="460" height="390" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr valign="top">
			<td width="140" valign="top"><table border="0" width="140" height="390" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
			  <tr>
				<td valign="top"><br>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('params' => 'class="menuBoxHeading"',
				 'text'  => 'osCommerce');

$contents[] = array('params' => 'class="infoBox"',
				  'text'  => '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE . '</a><br>' .
							 '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/forum" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS . '</a><br>' .
							 '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/mlists" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_MAILING_LISTS . '</a><br>' .
							 '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/bugs" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_BUG_REPORTS . '</a><br>' .
							 '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/faq" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_FAQ . '</a><br>' .
							 '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/irc" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_LIVE_DISCUSSIONS . '</a><br>' .
							 '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/cvs" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_CVS_REPOSITORY . '</a><br>' .
							 '<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/about.php/portal" target="_blank">' . BOX_ENTRY_INFORMATION_PORTAL . '</a>');

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

echo '<br>';

$orders_contents = '';
 $orders_status_query = tep_db_query("select orders_status_name, orders_status_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " where language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
 while ($orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query)) {
$orders_pending_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_status = '" . $orders_status['orders_status_id'] . "'");
$orders_pending = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_pending_query);
$orders_contents .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, 'selected_box=customers&status=' . $orders_status['orders_status_id']) . '">' . $orders_status['orders_status_name'] . '</a>: ' . $orders_pending['count'] . '<br>';
 }
 $orders_contents = substr($orders_contents, 0, -4);

$heading = array();
 $contents = array();

'text'  => BOX_TITLE_ORDERS);

'text'  => $orders_contents);

$box = new box;

echo '<br>';

$customers_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS);
 $customers = tep_db_fetch_array($customers_query);
 $products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_status = '1'");
 $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
 $reviews_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_REVIEWS);
 $reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query);

$heading = array();
 $contents = array();

'text'  => BOX_TITLE_STATISTICS);

'text'  => BOX_ENTRY_CUSTOMERS . ' ' . $customers['count'] . '<br>' .
							 BOX_ENTRY_PRODUCTS . ' ' . $products['count'] . '<br>' .
							 BOX_ENTRY_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']);

$box = new box;

echo '<br>';

$contents = array();

if (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') {
$size = ((getenv('SSL_CIPHER_ALGKEYSIZE')) ? getenv('SSL_CIPHER_ALGKEYSIZE') . '-bit' : '<i>' . BOX_CONNECTION_UNKNOWN . '</i>');
					'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'locked.gif', ICON_LOCKED, '', '', 'align="right"') . sprintf(BOX_CONNECTION_PROTECTED, $size));
 } else {
					'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'unlocked.gif', ICON_UNLOCKED, '', '', 'align="right"') . BOX_CONNECTION_UNPROTECTED);
 }

$box = new box;
 echo $box->tableBlock($contents);
?>
				</td>
			  </tr>
			</table></td>
			<td width="460"><table border="0" width="460" height="390" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
			  <tr>
				<td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
				  <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('languages', 'index.php', '', 'get'); ?>
					<td class="heading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
					<td align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('language', $languages_array, $languages_selected, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); ?></td>
				  </form></tr>
				</table></td>
			  </tr>
<?php
 $col = 2;
 $counter = 0;
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($cat); $i < $n; $i++) {
$counter++;
if ($counter < $col) {
  echo '				  <tr>' . "\n";
}

echo '					<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">' . "\n" .
	 '					  <tr>' . "\n" .
	 '						<td><a href="' . $cat[$i]['href'] . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'categories/' . $cat[$i]['image'], $cat[$i]['title'], '32', '32') . '</a></td>' . "\n" .
	 '						<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">' . "\n" .
	 '						  <tr>' . "\n" .
	 '							<td class="main"><a href="' . $cat[$i]['href'] . '" class="main">' . $cat[$i]['title'] . '</a></td>' . "\n" .
	 '						  </tr>' . "\n" .
	 '						  <tr>' . "\n" .
	 '							<td class="sub">';

$children = '';
for ($j = 0, $k = sizeof($cat[$i]['children']); $j < $k; $j++) {
  $children .= '<a href="' . $cat[$i]['children'][$j]['link'] . '" class="sub">' . $cat[$i]['children'][$j]['title'] . '</a>, ';
}
echo substr($children, 0, -2);

echo '</td> ' . "\n" .
	 '						  </tr>' . "\n" .
	 '						</table></td>' . "\n" .
	 '					  </tr>' . "\n" .
	 '					</table></td>' . "\n";

if ($counter >= $col) {
  echo '				  </tr>' . "\n";
  $counter = 0;
}
 }
?>
			</table></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>

</body>

</html>

and my unmodded /admin/index.php is this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$languages = tep_get_languages();
 $languages_array = array();
 $languages_selected = DEFAULT_LANGUAGE;
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
$languages_array[] = array('id' => $languages[$i]['code'],
						   'text' => $languages[$i]['name']);
if ($languages[$i]['directory'] == $language) {
  $languages_selected = $languages[$i]['code'];
}
 }
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" height="40">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo STORE_NAME; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_form('adminlanguage', FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'get') . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('language', $languages_array, $languages_selected, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"') . tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>'; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
 $file_extension = substr($PHP_SELF, strrpos($PHP_SELF, '.'));
 $files = array();
 if ($dir = @dir(DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'includes/modules/index')) {
while ($file = $dir->read()) {
  if (!is_dir($module_directory . $file)) {
	if (substr($file, strrpos($file, '.')) == $file_extension) {
	  $files[] = $file;
	}
  }
}
sort($files);
$dir->close();
 }

$col = 0;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($files); $i<$n; $i++) {
if (file_exists(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/index/' . $files[$i])) {
  include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/index/' . $files[$i]);
}

if ($col < 1) {
  echo '		  <tr>' . "\n";
}

$col++;

if ($col <= 2) {
  echo '			<td width="50%" valign="top">' . "\n";
}

include('includes/modules/index/' . $files[$i]);

if ($col <= 2) {
  echo '			</td>' . "\n";
}

if ( !isset($files[$i+1]) || ($col == 2) ) {
  if ( !isset($files[$i+1]) && ($col == 1) ) {
	echo '			<td width="50%" valign="top"> </td>' . "\n";
  }

$col = 0;

echo '  </tr>' . "\n";
}
 }
?>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

man, if you compare those two files with a compare utility, it's a nightmare!

Seems we have a really bad version mismatch because the readme is not covering all the file edits that would need to be done to make them match

what should I do to make the proper edits to get this mod hacked in?

thanks

and sorry for the extra long post lol

well I have done all the file edits aside from the /admin/index.php file I describe above

I didnt touch admin/index.php and the mod seems to be working oddly enough

Is it safe to guess that all the code that goes in that file has been phased out of it's useful life anyway?

well I have done all the file edits aside from the /admin/index.php file I describe above

I didnt touch admin/index.php and the mod seems to be working oddly enough

Is it safe to guess that all the code that goes in that file has been phased out of it's useful life anyway?

I have always considered admin/index.php to be a useless splash page, and simply redirected it to something more useful. However, if you want to make it work, you can. The problem is that the page in the distribution was modified from the original osCommerce 2.2MS2 version, and that was completely rewritten in 2.2rc1. The new version uses modules in the includes/modules/index/ directory to populate the page. We'll have to look at coming up with a module for MVS. Before that, though, the two pages are completely incompatible. You're welcome to code your own module if you want (and please share it with the rest of us), or you can use the old page from the MVS distribution. Or you can just ignore the whole mess like I do. That's the best we can do for right now.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I have always considered admin/index.php to be a useless splash page, and simply redirected it to something more useful. However, if you want to make it work, you can. The problem is that the page in the distribution was modified from the original osCommerce 2.2MS2 version, and that was completely rewritten in 2.2rc1. The new version uses modules in the includes/modules/index/ directory to populate the page. We'll have to look at coming up with a module for MVS. Before that, though, the two pages are completely incompatible. You're welcome to code your own module if you want (and please share it with the rest of us), or you can use the old page from the MVS distribution. Or you can just ignore the whole mess like I do. That's the best we can do for right now.

Regards

Jim

Hey Jim,

Looks like you're another fellow Washington'ian ;)

Quick question, I'm trying to get the MVS module installed and having some difficulties. Do you have the most up to date package release by chance? Contributions section is only showing the latest file release being Nov '06. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4129

Thanks,

Rick

On a related note, I did find some duplicated code in seo.class.php. I had intended to simply comment out the original code and add the replacement code after it in case it didn't work I would still have the original to revert back. Apparently that idea didn't work. I did the regular PHP block comment and for some reason I have a feeling it did not actually comment out the code.

I deleted the "commented code" and then my host had some issue with register_globals being off..... so I got them to fix that.

They got this corrected and I went to log in to the store under a test account to see if the deleting of the "duplicated" code corrected the problem. The store is telling me I have the incorrect username and/or password when I know for a fact this is correct. I then attempted to log in under the master password with several of the user accounts and it gave me the same problem.

My next step was to try to create a new user account. After filling out the form and clicking "submit", it brought up the same page (create_account.php) with all fields blank. I checked the MySQL database through PHPMyAdmin and saw that all user passwords are still in the database, and no new data has been added for the user that I attempted to create.

WTF?!?!

Here's the kicker: I did not make any changes to create_account.php between the time that it was working and the time that it broke. Does anyone think this might be an issue with my host, or something else? I'm so completely totally lost it's not even funny anymore! :'(

CRISES AVERTED!!!

The issue with not being able to log in correctly or create accounts was indeed an issue with my host. Something to do with the PHP settings that I do not have access to change.

The second crisis averted with the duplicate shipping issue.... well, there was still MORE duplicated code in seo.class.php that I did not find the first time. I had commented out the code but I guess that just wasn't good enough for the phpGods. :-)

Hey Jim,

Looks like you're another fellow Washington'ian ;)

Quick question, I'm trying to get the MVS module installed and having some difficulties. Do you have the most up to date package release by chance? Contributions section is only showing the latest file release being Nov '06. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4129

Thanks,

Rick

The latest full release is MVS 1.1, dated 27 Oct 2006. There is one fix there also, dated 5 Feb 2007, and at least one more a few pages back in this thread. Sorry, but Craig has been too busy to put together another release, and I'm the same.

Regards

Jim

The latest full release is MVS 1.1, dated 27 Oct 2006. There is one fix there also, dated 5 Feb 2007, and at least one more a few pages back in this thread. Sorry, but Craig has been too busy to put together another release, and I'm the same.

Regards

Jim

Yeah, I am very sorry folks, I keep getting into it and then getting hammered with work. There are a number of udpates(not many critical) for the next release and I need to write up better installation instructions this time. These updates will hopefully include bugfree compatibility updates for "register_globals", and several other updates and changes that took place in the osC RC1 release. I had originally intended to put my efforts into re-writing MVS to work with MS3, but it seems I will be better off working towards the MS2 final release.

I am still trying to keep up with the support here too, and I know I have been remiss in my responses. But don't worry, MVS will not fall by the way side, it's too good for that.

A note to all looking for shipping modules, there are many that have already been modified for MVS, be sure to look aroung the contribution pages for MVS versions. And search this "way to big" thread, some folks have simply offered bits of code for some of the simpler shipping modules.

Craig :blush: :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hello all,

I have installed this module but i am getting this error

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/httpd/vhosts/motorbikesandparts.co.uk/httpsdocs/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php on line 97

Products

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Pls help me out.

Thnx in advance

Craig,

Everything has been running pretty smoothly until this weekend. I installed the HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 and it seems like everything went ok, except for the vendor email. Now the vendor email looks like below in admin\orders.php

Shipping Method: flat -- Best Way

------------------------------------------------------

Dropship deliver to:

minutos

5223 portland ct

north las vegas, Nevada 89031

Qty: Product Name: Item Code/Number: Product Model: Per Unit Price: Item Comments:

1 Samsung A940 1700mah OEM XT Battery

BEX480HSAB BEX480HSAB 18.0000

Qty: Product Name: Item Code/Number: Product Model: Per Unit Price: Item Comments:

1 Samsung A940 1700mah OEM XT Battery

BEX480HSAB BEX480HSAB 18.0000

">

Which is a minor issue I can live with. I then checked the email being sent to the vendor and it omits this section entirely, not passing on the Qty: Product Name: Item Code/Number: Product Model: Per Unit Price: Item Comments: section to my vendor and looks like below:

To: XXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

Special Comments or Instructions: Please ship US MAIL

XXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXXX

Accnt #:

Order Number: XXXX

Shipping Method: flat -- Best Way

Dropship deliver to:

minutos

5223 portland ct

north las vegas, Nevada 89031

Do you know what is causing this and how I can fix it. In installing the HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 I did not modify admin\orders.php in any way. The only files I edited in the admin section are admin/categories.php and admin/manufacturers.php.

Can you please let me know where to look so I can edit to have the email look like it is suppossed to

Hi , Excellent module! I am trying to offer customers ONE OVERALL set of options for delivery prices, instead of one per vendor. But I still want the backend functionality of MVS

Can you tell me if someone has already done this, if not is it possible, and can a novice like me tackle it??

Thanks

Experiencing a strange problem on the admin/orders.php file.

If an order comes through with 4 product each being sold from a separate vendor and I click on the button marked 'packing slip' I see the ship/bill to address info but nothing as far as the specific products.

Example is:

Payment Method: Authorize.net

Shipment Number 2 of 4

Anyone else experience this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Here's the code that cycles through the products that doesn't appear to be working.

<?php

$package_num = sizeof($order->products);

$box_num = $l + 1;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($packslip_products); $i<$n; $i++) {

echo ' <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "\n" .

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="left">' . $packslip_products[$i]['qty'] . ' x  ' . $packslip_products[$i]['name'];

if (isset($packslip_products[$i]['packslip_attributes']) && (sizeof($packslip_products[$i]['packslip_attributes']) > 0)) {

for ($j=0, $k=sizeof($packslip_products[$i]['packslip_attributes']); $j<$k; $j++) {

echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $packslip_products[$i]['packslip_attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $packslip_products[$i]['packslip_attributes'][$j]['value'];

echo '</i></small></nobr>';

}

}

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="left">' . $packslip_products[$i]['spacer'];

echo ' </td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $packslip_products[$i]['spacer'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $packslip_products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

' </tr>' . "\n";

}

?>

• 2 weeks later...

HI Having an odd problem with Multi_vendor_shipping . Some customers can log in and order fine, others get this error at the choosing shipping stage:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/httpd/vhosts/motorbikesandparts.co.uk/httpsdocs/includes/modules/vendor_shipping.php on line 97

The code from line 95 to 104 in that file is

$products_ids = $vendor_data['products_id'];
     foreach ($products_ids as $product_id) {
       $products_query = tep_db_query("select products_name 
		                                  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " 
		                                  where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' 
		                                    and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"
                                     );
       $products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
?>

ANY ideas what could be causing this on some customers computers but not others????????

HI Having an odd problem with Multi_vendor_shipping . Some customers can log in and order fine, others get this error at the choosing shipping stage:

<snip>

That could happen if the system was trying to list the products from a vendor but there were no products to list. Normally, vendors with no products in the order would be skipped. Have you assigned a Vendor ID to every product in your catalog? If you have, check for code editing errors, since the default vendor (#1) will be used if the vendor ID is not properly passed. You might also check to see if this is only happening when there are no products from Vendor #1 in the order, or if this is true for some other vendor.

Regards

Jim

Does anyone have this working with Fast Easy Checkout? I have all of my files merged together except checkout_shipping.php so its stopping the whole thing from working. If anyone could maybe post up a copy of this file that has both contributions working I would really appreciate it! This is an absolutley beautiful contribution to instal, one of the best by far!