• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

@gmltw: Nevermind, I solved it the easy/cheap way. I use the Paypal Autoreturn feature to get my customers back to the site and complete the order ;)

I have another question related to MVS:

How do I show the total shipping fees on the Order Confirmation page?

How do you configure Paypal's Autoreturn feature? What URL did you point it to to make it work?

How do you configure Paypal's Autoreturn feature? What URL did you point it to to make it work?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I pointed the URL to my checkout_success.php page and it seems to work as it should. This does not solve the problem with orders not showing up in MVS though.

It appears to have fixed the problem, but I just found that if I manually update an order via the admin panel, the same thing happens--the vendor is sent an email even though I have the vendor email option disabled.

To fix (hopefully), I made the same change in /catalog/admin/orders.php

Can you confirm that this would be a correct change as well?

Thanks much!

I am having a similar issue to what is described above. At first it was exactly as the above issue. I then implemented the fix in admin/orders.php and catalog/checkout_process.php. The e-mails seem to be sending/or not sending fine depending on whether "send e-mail's" is selected or not in the Vendor section. The problem I am now having is that on orders with more than 1 vendor, if even 1 vendor is set to "send e-mail's" all Vendors are updated to sent. See below.

Order Sent to V1: yes

Order Sent to V2: yes

I do not have "send e-mail's" set as active for V2, but do have it set active for V1. It should look like below.

Order Sent to V2: no

V1 is sent an e-mail, but V2 seems to not send an e-mail. Why are they both then updated to "yes"?

I have been searching for a fix or answer to my problem with no luck and would like for this key feature to work as it is supposed to. I guess i could set all vendors to not "send e-mail's" and manually send the e-mail on the admin/orders.php, but that defeats the purpose of having this automated feature.

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated as I personally cannot figure it out

Thanks

shpkeeper

I am having a similar issue to what is described above. At first it was exactly as the above issue. I then implemented the fix in admin/orders.php and catalog/checkout_process.php. The e-mails seem to be sending/or not sending fine depending on whether "send e-mail's" is selected or not in the Vendor section. The problem I am now having is that on orders with more than 1 vendor, if even 1 vendor is set to "send e-mail's" all Vendors are updated to sent. See below.

I do not have "send e-mail's" set as active for V2, but do have it set active for V1. It should look like below.

V1 is sent an e-mail, but V2 seems to not send an e-mail. Why are they both then updated to "yes"?

I have been searching for a fix or answer to my problem with no luck and would like for this key feature to work as it is supposed to. I guess i could set all vendors to not "send e-mail's" and manually send the e-mail on the admin/orders.php, but that defeats the purpose of having this automated feature.

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated as I personally cannot figure it out

Thanks

shpkeeper

Hmmm..

that is a strange one. The emails are sent by this code:

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS) ;
 $vendor_order_sent = true;

if ($debug == 'yes') {
	   echo 'The $email(including headers:<br>Vendor Email Addy' . $the_email . '<br>Vendor Name' . $the_name . '<br>Vendor Contact' . $the_contact . '<br>Body--<br>' . $email . '<br>';
	   }

if ($vendor_order_sent == true) {
	 tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = 'yes' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
}

This is from admin/orders.php, I have just now realized that the same code in checkout_process.php does have one difference,

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS) ;
 $vendor_order_sent = 'yes';

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = '" . tep_db_input($vendor_order_sent) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");

if ($debug == 'yes') {
	   echo 'The $email(including headers:<br>Vendor Email Addy' . $the_email . '<br>Vendor Name' . $the_name . '<br>Vendor Contact' . $the_contact . '<br>Body--<br>' . $email . '<br>';
	   }
 }

Note that for some reason I did not use an "if" statement here. That could be your issue. It shouldn't, but it could be.

To make this more foolproof, do this,

change:

$vendor_order_sent = 'yes';

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = '" . tep_db_input($vendor_order_sent) . "' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");

to

if (tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS) ) $vendor_order_sent = 'yes';

if ( $vendor_order_sent == 'yes') {
			   } else {
	  tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = 'no' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'  and vendors_id = '" . (int)$vendors_id . "'");
			   }

And let me know what you get.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Hmmm..

that is a strange one. The emails are sent by this code:

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS)  ;

if ($debug == 'yes') {
          }

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS_SHIPPING . " set vendor_order_sent = 'yes' where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");
}
// header ("Location: [url="http://newfedora/3/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=""]http://newfedora/3/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID="[/url] . $oID . "&action=edit");
 }

return true;
}

Please help!! Is there something wrong with thew code above?

Thanks!!

shpkeeper

Craig,

Thank you for the very fast response. You are talking about admin/orders.php for the change in code correct?

I was taking a look at that file and I do not see where that code is you were referring to?

I found this code though, but it is not the same

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS)  ;

if ($debug == 'yes') {
          }

}
// header ("Location: [url="http://newfedora/3/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=""]http://newfedora/3/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID="[/url] . $oID . "&action=edit");
 }

return true;
}

Thanks!!

shpkeeper

Nothing wrong with it, that is from admin/orders.php. The code change I posted would be in checkout_process.php.

To change the code in admin/orders.php to be more foolproof, you would only need to change one 2 lines of code:

to this:

if (tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS) )

That should do it, let me know what you end up with, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Craig,

Thank you for the very fast response. You are talking about admin/orders.php for the change in code correct?

I was taking a look at that file and I do not see where that code is you were referring to?

I found this code though, but it is not the same

if ($debug == 'yes') {
          }

}
 }

return true;
}

Thanks!!

shpkeeper

I found the code in catalog/checkout_process.php and made the change that you specified. I am still having the same issue. When any Vendor is set to "send emails" all Vendors are updated to "yes" even though the only Vendor sent an e-mail is the one set to send it. My settings are to send the e-mail from admin and automatically do so when the Status is set to Processing. V1 is set to send e-mail. V2 and V3 are set to don't send e-mail. From what you explained earlier and looking at the code you posted I don't understand why it always looks like this:

Order Sent to V3: yes

when it should look like this:

Order Sent to V3: no

Am I just being picky or is this not functioning properly? I want to make things easy for my staff and this is at best confusing and could cause problems when an employee thinks the order was sent to the vendor when it in fact was not.

I really appreciate your help and insight and await your response

Thanks!!

shpkeeper

I found the code in catalog/checkout_process.php and made the change that you specified. I am still having the same issue. When any Vendor is set to "send emails" all Vendors are updated to "yes" even though the only Vendor sent an e-mail is the one set to send it. My settings are to send the e-mail from admin and automatically do so when the Status is set to Processing. V1 is set to send e-mail. V2 and V3 are set to don't send e-mail. From what you explained earlier and looking at the code you posted I don't understand why it always looks like this:

when it should look like this:

Am I just being picky or is this not functioning properly? I want to make things easy for my staff and this is at best confusing and could cause problems when an employee thinks the order was sent to the vendor when it in fact was not.

I really appreciate your help and insight and await your response

Thanks!!

shpkeeper

I don't know what to tell ya, it works fine on all the shops I have installed MVS on and on my test server(PHP5 and MYSQL5), so I am not sure what else to suggest. If your using the admin only for the emails, then the code I posted in my last response would be the only one that would make any difference. If you have tried that, I am out of ideas.

I will post back if I come up with anything, try to do some debugging and make sure all your edits are correct.

Craig :blink:

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Nothing wrong with it, that is from admin/orders.php. The code change I posted would be in checkout_process.php.

To change the code in admin/orders.php to be more foolproof, you would only need to change one 2 lines of code:

tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

to this:

if (tep_mail($the_name, $the_email, EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID ,  $email .  '<br>', STORE_NAME, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS) )

That should do it, let me know what you end up with, Craig :)

Craig,

I made the above change and the same issue is still occurring.

should be

If I can't find a fix for this I will need to turn off this function so my employees will not be miss-informed an order was sent when it was not.

I appreciate your time and help!! If there is anything you can suggest to make this function please let me know.

Hi Craig,

I have installed the latest release of MVS and I receive this error, I have checkout your demo site and it also displays exactly the same error on the same lines as my files.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bcsales/public_html/mvs/checkout_process.php on line 125

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bcsales/public_html/mvs/checkout_process.php:125) in /home/bcsales/public_html/mvs/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Any ideas on fix for this please???

Also I have read so many different posts about compatability with PayPal IPN, are you able to give a definitive answer or is there still no solution to this???

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Hi Craig,

I have installed the latest release of MVS and I receive this error, I have checkout your demo site and it also displays exactly the same error on the same lines as my files.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bcsales/public_html/mvs/checkout_process.php on line 125

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bcsales/public_html/mvs/checkout_process.php:125) in /home/bcsales/public_html/mvs/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Also I have read so many different posts about compatability with PayPal IPN, are you able to give a definitive answer or is there still no solution to this???

Thanks

Mark

I'm not Craig, but that error usually results from not having any vendors set up or not having at least one shipping module set up for each vendor. We probably should code in a better error message for this one.

I have no idea about Paypal IPN .

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Craig,

Thanks

Mark

I just spent about 2 hours with this myself and I was searching this forum like crazy. I read kymation's answer, but thought that it couldn't be that because I had set up all of the vendor info. I use MVS on another website, so I know it works.

Anyway, the solution I finally found (and I could really kick myself!) is that I forgot to go to Shipping/Packaging in the Configuration part of the Admin and select TRUE for Enable Vendor Shipping.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not entirely certain but I believe this to be an MVS error.

I have made a few mods to my store and have only noticed this error recently.

After an order is made and when there are attributes attached to the item, the invoice actually lists the product twice like this:

Vendor Products Shipper Method Ship Cost Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

AzureGreen

Shipment Number 1 of 2

Vendor Order Sent: yes USPS Parcel Post 9.5600 - ship tax

0.0000 - - - -

1 x TEST PRODUCT

- Size: 1 lb (+$2.00) - - - TEST100 6.25% $12.00 $12.00 $12.00 $12.00

AzureGreen

Shipment Number 2 of 2

Vendor Order Sent: yes table Best Way 7.0000 - ship tax

0.0000 - - - -

1 x TEST PRODUCT

Sub-Total: $12.00

IL TAX 6.25%: $0.75

Best Way: $7.00

Total: $19.75

I know it's hard to read without the table, but you get the general idea. The grand order total works correctly, it just lists the product as two separate shipments.

Anyone have any idea why? If not, does anyone know which file I should look into to correct this? There are no errors that come up during the checkout process.

Thanks in advance!!

One important addendum to my last post:

I recently changed from weight-based shipping to the table rate method. I have no other shipping methods installed. I have verified this in both the admin/modules/shipping section as well as with the individual vendors. On this particular vendor, however, USPS is showing a "sort order" of 0 even though the module has literally been uninstalled.

One of the "quotes" on the invoice shows shipping with USPS and gives their rate, and then the second "quote" is showing the table rate method (as it should).

It feels like OsC and/or MVS seems to think that I still have USPS shipping installed somewhere even though I have double-checked that I do not.

Any suggestions....?

(*crossed fingers*)

I am not entirely certain but I believe this to be an MVS error.

I have made a few mods to my store and have only noticed this error recently.

After an order is made and when there are attributes attached to the item, the invoice actually lists the product twice like this:

Vendor Products Shipper Method Ship Cost Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

AzureGreen

Shipment Number 1 of 2

Vendor Order Sent: yes USPS Parcel Post 9.5600 - ship tax

0.0000 - - - -

1 x TEST PRODUCT

AzureGreen

Shipment Number 2 of 2

Vendor Order Sent: yes table Best Way 7.0000 - ship tax

0.0000 - - - -

1 x TEST PRODUCT

Sub-Total: $12.00

IL TAX 6.25%: $0.75

Best Way: $7.00

Total: $19.75

I know it's hard to read without the table, but you get the general idea. The grand order total works correctly, it just lists the product as two separate shipments.

Anyone have any idea why? If not, does anyone know which file I should look into to correct this? There are no errors that come up during the checkout process.

Thanks in advance!!

This looks like a file editing error. Since I have never seen it happen before(installed MVS on literally dozens of sites) I can only guess as to where the error may have been made. First, have you checked the database directly to see if the information being stored is accurate? This is important since if it is being stored improperly at the beginning, we know the error is in the checkout process itself. This could in theory happen without anything showing during checkout, so it is possible. Most likely, this would point to "checkout_process.php" on the catalog side. It could also be includes/classes/shopping_cart.php or order.php.

If the data is correct in the database, then the error is probably on the Admin side, probably in includes/classes/order.php. Most all the data is collected there, so that is the first place to look.

One important addendum to my last post:

I recently changed from weight-based shipping to the table rate method. I have no other shipping methods installed. I have verified this in both the admin/modules/shipping section as well as with the individual vendors. On this particular vendor, however, USPS is showing a "sort order" of 0 even though the module has literally been uninstalled.

One of the "quotes" on the invoice shows shipping with USPS and gives their rate, and then the second "quote" is showing the table rate method (as it should).

It feels like OsC and/or MVS seems to think that I still have USPS shipping installed somewhere even though I have double-checked that I do not.

Any suggestions....?

(*crossed fingers*)

This is from a bug in the display of the sort order in the Admin, nothing to worry about, but it can be a bit disconcerting. I have this fixed in the new version(if I ever get around to finishing it up and uploading it). If I have time later tonight, I will post here what was changed to deal with this bug.

Good luck, Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Vendor Email

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

This looks like a file editing error. Since I have never seen it happen before(installed MVS on literally dozens of sites) I can only guess as to where the error may have been made. First, have you checked the database directly to see if the information being stored is accurate? This is important since if it is being stored improperly at the beginning, we know the error is in the checkout process itself. This could in theory happen without anything showing during checkout, so it is possible. Most likely, this would point to "checkout_process.php" on the catalog side. It could also be includes/classes/shopping_cart.php or order.php.

If the data is correct in the database, then the error is probably on the Admin side, probably in includes/classes/order.php. Most all the data is collected there, so that is the first place to look.

This is from a bug in the display of the sort order in the Admin, nothing to worry about, but it can be a bit disconcerting. I have this fixed in the new version(if I ever get around to finishing it up and uploading it). If I have time later tonight, I will post here what was changed to deal with this bug.

I checked out the database and it is creating two separate orders (with the same order ID!). One of them uses the table rate shipping, and the other is still showing USPS shipping and rates even though none of those modules are installed anywhere.

I looked through checkout_process.php as well as all the contributions I've added. Of all of them, MVS was the only contribution that required editing checkout_process.php, and it was working correctly before... so I'm about 99% certain it's NOT this file. I also looked on the admin side at includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and order.php. Same situation with those; MVS was the only alterations to them and it worked properly at one time.

Either I unintentionally edited one of these files, or it's a different file. Just to rule it out... if someone has a copy of these files with the MVS edits on a "vanilla" install, I'd much appreciate being able to check it out with WinMerge just to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

Other than that.... has anyone got any other ideas?

Not a critical error, of course, but definitely confusing to the customers (and to me)!

I'd love to be able to restore some files to correct this, but I'm not sure at what point the checkout procedure got wonky on me... so not sure which file(s) to restore. Ugh!

<snip>

Other than that.... has anyone got any other ideas?

Not a critical error, of course, but definitely confusing to the customers (and to me)!

I'd love to be able to restore some files to correct this, but I'm not sure at what point the checkout procedure got wonky on me... so not sure which file(s) to restore. Ugh!

If the database is showing the problem then the error is not in the Admin side. If you have made no other changes to checkout_process.php, try using the version in the MVS distribution. The same goes for catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php and vendor_shipping.php and catalog/checkout_shipping.php. If you have made other changes to those files you should check them with a diff tool instead of just plugging in the distribution file.

Those are the most likely places to look. This could be something like a patch that was done twice, so keep an eye out for duplicated code. Please let us know what you find; I'm really puzzled by this one.

Regards

Jim

Hi. I'll be using MVS for my new site, and I'm ironing out a few issues.

I modified an existing shipping module that I found, Per Item Per State (PIPS2), where you set a shipping cost per item, based on which state the item will be shipped to.

For a particular vendor, I only have that one shipping module enabled.

The regular ordering process works fine, but there seems to be a problem in the admin side.

When I list the orders, which is admin/orders.php, and a particular order is highlighted, there is a "ship" button at the top right. I thought this would just send out the vendor email.

But this button is linked to admin/ship_fedex.php?...

I don't even have the fedex module enabled, so I don't know why the ship button would be linked to this url.

Could this be because I set something up incorrectly in the PIPS shipping module?

Or, could there be a problem in my admin/orders.php file?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Lori-

I ran into a strange Fedex Bug that I believe also involves MVS.

While checking shipping rates using the Fedex1.php module for a 14lb. package to Israel the Fedex1 module returned a rate of $1.00 for International Priority. I got this rate three times in a row (after refreshing). Then I started getting "No Rates Returned :" message. After awhile Fedex started returning the correct amount $210.16.

It appears Fedex was having problems and was returning a rate of $0.00 and as I have The "Vendor's handling charge:" set to $1.00 it somehow missed the error checking of the Fedex1 module as the rate was no longer $0.00 but $1.00.

I have not been able to duplicate the error since, as Fedex seems to be returning correct data and I don't know how to fake the Fedex result. And I can't be sure that my code (other than Fedex1.php which was untouched) somewhere else did not contribute to the problem.

Anyway, I hacked a fix (I think) that should prevent it from happening again. Here it is (just one line) for /includdes/modules/vendors_shipping/fedex1.php:

BEGIN CODE SNIP=========

if ($method) {

if (substr($type,0,2) != $method) $skip = TRUE;

}

// Begin Low or No Quote Fix by KQM

if($cost < '5.00') $skip = TRUE;

// End Low or No Quote Fix by KQM

if (!$skip) {

$methods[] = array('id' => substr($type,0,2),

'title' => $service_descr,

'cost' => ($handling + $shipping + constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_SURCHARGE_' . $vendors_id) + $this->surcharge + $cost) * $shipping_num_boxes);

END CODE SNIP=========

It would be smarter if I knew what I was doing and made my $5.00 minumum be equal to whatever the "Vendor's handling charge:" is but I couldn't figure it out. Dumb and Lazy too...

Edited by gotham

Kendall

Brooklyn, New York USA

I ran into a strange Fedex Bug that I believe also involves MVS.

<snip>

Just a guess, but the FedEx module seems to rely on either getting a quote back or getting nothing back. If the module gets a partial or broken response, it may set the shipping cost to zero (or possibly some random number.) Your fix is a good workaround, but it would be nice to get some more reliable error checking in this module. I don't have a FedEx account to play with (or much time to do it) or I'd take a shot at this. Maybe we can add this to the wish list.

Regards

Jim

I'd like to do something very simple, but I can't.

I'd like to produce a sales report which will show how much I owe each vendor. I would like a list of each of the sales in one column, shipping charges in another column, and the corresponding VENDOR PRICE in the another column, with a total of the Shipping and Vendor Prices at the bottom their respective columns so that I can tell how much to pay the vendors at a glance.

How can this be done please?

Thanks

Martin