• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi_Vendor_Shipping new thread

blucollarguy

Woohoo! Great mod! Thank you to the authors :) I do have it working with PayPal IPN,... well, at least I *think* I do :D

Everything's working great except for one thing - I can't figure out for the life of me why my store is nice and centered on all pages *except* the checkout pages now that I've installed MVS. I've pored over the HTML using an IDE and still no joy...

Somehow all my pages are tabled with a width of 715, but the checkout pages are picking up a width of 100%. Therefore the pages become the full width of the screen and it makes it very difficult for customers to see the radio buttons to select their payment method, etc...

I'll keep poking, but if anyone has any hints I'd be super grateful! Thanks in advance.

Woohoo! Great mod! Thank you to the authors :) I do have it working with PayPal IPN,... well, at least I *think* I do :D

Everything's working great except for one thing - I can't figure out for the life of me why my store is nice and centered on all pages *except* the checkout pages now that I've installed MVS. I've pored over the HTML using an IDE and still no joy...

Somehow all my pages are tabled with a width of 715, but the checkout pages are picking up a width of 100%. Therefore the pages become the full width of the screen and it makes it very difficult for customers to see the radio buttons to select their payment method, etc...

I'll keep poking, but if anyone has any hints I'd be super grateful! Thanks in advance.

I believe that all of the pages in the default osCommerce distribution are set at 100%. For example, the body of checkout_shipping.php starts with

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

If you added a contribution like Center Shop and then used the files from the MVS distribution, you will need to re-apply the Center Shop changes to the MVS checkout files (all of the ones in the catalog directory.)

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you Jim. I did not use Center Shop explicitly, but I did start from a "free" template I found on the web... It sets the width of all pages to 715. I saw the Center Shop contrib mentioned as Center Store and I could not find it under that name. I will go look for it under the moniker of Center Shop instead!

Thank you again!

The UPSXML module is missing some code that adds the handling charges. Look for a post from me a page or so back on this subject. The instructions are in the modules.txt file in the distribution as well.

For the line breaks problem, check that you have HTML email turned off (Admin > Configuration > Email Options > Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails => false) and Linefeeds (same menu) set to LF. If you are running on a Windows server try setting Linefeeds to CRLF.

Regards

Jim

Finally got handling charges to work with UPSXML. But, only by adding the fees to vendor config and not from the UPSXML module itself. That has something to do with function: handling_fee. Couldn't figure out how to use that. But heck it works ! I compared the USPS.php and found what is missing from contrib.

Regarding HTML, it was as simple as turning it on in ADmin - Configuration.... d u h

Thanks ! RonR

Address omission problem

I'm trying to sort out a few niggly problems before going live.

Regarding the email sent out to the vendor which contains the customers delivery address (created in catalog/checkout_process.php). Basically the address always has the 'state' field missing :(

As far as I can establish, there doesn't seem to be a problem with the code in catalog/checkout_process.php (I have been known to be wrong, hence me asking :blush: ),

This is my field order;

delivery_street_address

delivery_suburb

delivery_city

delivery_state >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is the problematic field :(

delivery_postcode (Zip Code)

Rather than post the whole code here, I have uploaded it to here http://www.bitz.me.uk/checkout_process.txt I would be grateful if someone could take a look at it and even run it on their system to see if they to encounter the same problem of the missing fields and hopefully how to make good.

For all I know, I could be looking in the wrong file, but the customers emails are fine.

Thanks in advance :D

Hi

Finally got it to work *pyyy*

But now - my electronic downloads don't work anymore? They of course have a weight at "0" and I believe I've tried my best, but the checkout_shipping.php will ONLY work if the product has some kind of weight?

I used to use "Free Shipping with Zero Weight" without any problems. Also tried to merge the differencies with WinMerge - no luck....

What do I do - I hope I'm not the only person with file download for sale?

Helle :'(

Hi

Finally got it to work *pyyy*

But now - my electronic downloads don't work anymore? They of course have a weight at "0" and I believe I've tried my best, but the checkout_shipping.php will ONLY work if the product has some kind of weight?

I used to use "Free Shipping with Zero Weight" without any problems. Also tried to merge the differencies with WinMerge - no luck....

What do I do - I hope I'm not the only person with file download for sale?

Helle :'(

Try setting all of your downloads as a separate vendor, then set the Free shipping module as the only shipping for that vendor. checkout_shipping should then work for any combination of products.

Regards

Jim

Try setting all of your downloads as a separate vendor, then set the Free shipping module as the only shipping for that vendor. checkout_shipping should then work for any combination of products.

Regards

Jim

Thanks

I'll give it go tomorrow....

Helle :-)

Hi Jim

The idea of setting up free shipping sounded like a good idea, but it doesn't work either. I also tried 0 weight in shipping per item - nope!

If I buy two items, one from the vendor with 0 shipping cost and another item from another vendor at the same time that has a a weight - every thing works.

Please, this otherwise great contribution, one simply MUST be able to buy downloads.

Can anybody tell me a solution. It is very important to me......

Helle :(

I've searching and searching for what's wrong. At first I thought it was a weight issue, but it's not.

It's whenever there's a download file attached to the product!

Has any of you tried this too ? If so, or if you have an idea how to solve this major problem - I would be VERY greatful. My site consist of many download files - so this is a MAJOR problem for me.

Please

Helle :(

I may have found a solution to the download file problem. In the "Zero Weight Skips Shipping" contrib I found this bit of code - then I created a new vendor, without any shipping options - then it worked. It doesn't skip the shipping page, which would have been great, but the shipping is free of charge as I so needed it to be.

Very simple, in 'checkout_shipping.php' find the lines here:

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as // a shipping address is not needed if 

(($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight')) { if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping'); $shipping = false; $sendto = false; tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL')); } $total_weight = $cart->show_weight(); $total_count = $cart->count_contents();

and replace them with this:

// IFD BEGIN: zero weight should skip shipping page

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight(); $total_count = $cart->count_contents(); // if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as // a shipping address is not needed if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') || ($total_weight == 0 )) { if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping'); $shipping = false; $sendto = false; tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL')); } // IFD END

Note:

I only use this bit:

// new code IFD BEGIN: zero weight should skip shipping page
$total_weight = $cart->show_weight(); $total_count = $cart->count_contents();

if anybody out there has a better solution - I'm ALL ear

Helle :-)

Address omission problem

I'm trying to sort out a few niggly problems before going live.

Regarding the email sent out to the vendor which contains the customers delivery address (created in catalog/checkout_process.php). Basically the address always has the 'state' field missing :(

As far as I can establish, there doesn't seem to be a problem with the code in catalog/checkout_process.php (I have been known to be wrong, hence me asking :blush: ),

This is my field order;

delivery_street_address

delivery_suburb

delivery_city

delivery_state >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is the problematic field :(

delivery_postcode (Zip Code)

Rather than post the whole code here, I have uploaded it to here http://www.bitz.me.uk/checkout_process.txt I would be grateful if someone could take a look at it and even run it on their system to see if they to encounter the same problem of the missing fields and hopefully how to make good.

For all I know, I could be looking in the wrong file, but the customers emails are fine.

Thanks in advance :)

I've clearly established the catalog/checkout_process.php file is okay. So would like to know where this file pulls its infor from, as I must have another file somewhere which has got an error on it. Not sure at the moment, but I think the field is also absent from the info used for the Protx contrib. (external credit card transaction provider). The field seems to appear everywhere else.

I've clearly established the catalog/checkout_process.php file is okay. So would like to know where this file pulls its infor from, as I must have another file somewhere which has got an error on it. Not sure at the moment, but I think the field is also absent from the info used for the Protx contrib. (external credit card transaction provider). The field seems to appear everywhere else.

checkout_process.php gets the address data from the database, so I would guess that it's not getting saved in the first place. Take another look at checkout_shipping.php (where the data is saved) and see if you can trace where the data is being lost.

Regards

Jim

Hi guys,

I just started using MVS 1.1 on my store, and I whipped up a function tonight that acts as a "teaser", telling customers how much more to spend in order to qualify for free shipping, should they have that vendor module enabled.

Add the following code to /catalog/includes/languages/english.php just before the closing ?> bracket.

define('FREE_SHIPPING_TEASER', 'Spend <span style="color:red;">%s</span> on %s products and get <strong>free shipping!</strong>');
define('FREE_SHIPPING_QUALIFY','Congratulations!  You qualify for <strong>free shipping</strong> on %s products!');
define('FREE_SHIPPING_QUALIFY_UNK','Congratulations!  You qualify for <strong>free shipping</strong> on %s products if you live in <strong>%s</strong>!');
define('FREE_SHIPPING_LEFT','<strong>Spend <span style="color:red;">%s</span> more</strong> on %s products to qualify for free shipping!');
define('FREE_SHIPPING_LEFT_UNK','<strong>Spend <span style="color:red;">%s</span> more</strong> on %s products to qualify for free shipping in <strong>%s</strong>!');

Add the following code to /catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php just before the closing ?> bracket.

// Build free shipping message string.
// Make sure we have a shopping cart.
if($_SESSION['cart']->total >= 0) {
$_SESSION['cart']->calculate();
// Display vendor free shipping message(s).
// Get all our vendor IDs via cart session.
$cont = array_keys($_SESSION['cart']->contents);
$pid = ' WHERE ';
$i=0;
foreach($cont as $value) {
	if($i==0) {
		$pid .= "products_id='".$value."'";
	} else {
		$pid .= " OR products_id='".$value."'";
	}
	$i++;
}
// If there's more to $pid than our default value, we can assume that
// we found shopping cart contents and therefore can continue building
// our message.
if($pid==' WHERE ') { $pid .= 'v.vendors_id=1'; $teaser=true; }
$get_vIDQuery = tep_db_query("SELECT p.vendors_id, v.vendors_name FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." p LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_VENDORS." v ON p.vendors_id=v.vendors_id".$pid." GROUP BY vendors_id");
if(tep_db_num_rows($get_vIDQuery)>0 && !$teaser) {
	while($get_vID = tep_db_fetch_array($get_vIDQuery)) {
		$vID = $get_vID['vendors_id'];
		$vName = $get_vID['vendors_name'];
		// Start by checking if it's enabled...
		if((constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_STATUS_' . $vID)) && (constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_STATUS_' . $vID) == 'True')) {
			$free_shipping = false;
			// Now find out if it's restricted to a zone.
			// 0 = not zone restricted.
			if(constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_ZONE_' . $vID) > 0) {
				// Shipping is restricted to a zone.  Now we find out if our customer
				// is within that zone.
				// Get the customer's country, if signed in.
				if($_SESSION['customer_country_id']) {
					$check_zone_country_id = $_SESSION['customer_country_id'];
					$check_zone_state_id = $_SESSION['customer_zone_id'];
				} else {
					// Customer is not signed in, get default country from store.
					$check_zone_country_id = STORE_COUNTRY;
					$check_zone_state_id = STORE_ZONE;
				}
				$geoZoneQuery = tep_db_query("SELECT gz.geo_zone_id, c.countries_name FROM ".TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES." gz LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_COUNTRIES." c ON gz.zone_country_id=c.countries_id WHERE ((zone_country_id = '".$check_zone_country_id."') AND (zone_id='".$check_zone_state_id."' OR zone_id IS NULL))");
				if(tep_db_num_rows($geoZoneQuery)>0) {
					// Loop through our results to see if one matches a geo_zone
					while($geoZones = tep_db_fetch_array($geoZoneQuery)) {
						if($geoZones['geo_zone_id']==constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_ZONE_' . $vID)) {
							// Customer (if signed in) or store (if not signed
							// in) matches our free zone.  The country name is
							// shown; if you'd rather show the zone name,
							// change the $geoZoneQuery and the variable below.
							$free_shipping = true;
							$free_shipping_location = $geoZones['countries_name'];
						} elseif($geoZones['geo_zone_id']!=constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_ZONE_' . $vID)) {
							// Customer or store does not match our free zone.
							$free_shipping = false;
							$free_shipping_location = $geoZones['countries_name'];
						}
					}
				}
			} elseif(constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_ZONE_' . $vID) == 0) {
				// Free shipping is not zone restricted, and enabled.
				$free_shipping = true;
			} else {
				// If for some reason the free shipping zone isn't 0 and isn't > 0
				// we'll play it safe and say "false".
				$free_shipping = false;
			}
			// We've just determined if free_shipping = true || false
			// Figure out if there's enough in the cart to qualify.
			$remaining = (($_SESSION['cart']->total - constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_AMOUNT_' . $vID)) * -1);
			// Now we proceed if $free_shipping is true.
			if($free_shipping==true) {
				// Make sure we're under the weight limit.
				if($_SESSION['cart']->weight<=constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_WEIGHT_MAX_' . $vID)) {
					// Tell the customer they qualify for free shipping.
					$free_shipping=true;
					if($free_shipping_location) {
						// We have a location, so we can assume we don't know where
						// our customer is located.  Hence, we display the _UNK msg.
						$free_shipping_message[$vID] = sprintf(FREE_SHIPPING_QUALIFY_UNK, $free_shipping_location, $vName);
					} else {
						// No $free_shipping_message means we know where our customer
						// is coming from.
						$free_shipping_message[$vID] = sprintf(FREE_SHIPPING_QUALIFY, $vName);
					}
				} else {
					// They're over the weight limit, so they can't get free shipping.
					$free_shipping=false;
				}

} elseif($free_shipping==false) {
				 // Tell the customer how much more to spend for free shipping.
				if($free_shipping_location) {
					// We have a location, so we can assume we don't know where
					// our customer is located.  Hence, we display the _UNK msg.
					$free_shipping_message[$vID] = sprintf(FREE_SHIPPING_LEFT_UNK, $currencies->format($remaining), $vName, $free_shipping_location);
				} else {
					// No $free_shipping_message means we know where our customer
					// is coming from.
					 $free_shipping_message[$vID] = sprintf(FREE_SHIPPING_LEFT, $currencies->format($remaining));	
				}
			}
		} else {
			// Free shipping is not enabled.
			$free_shipping_message[$vID] = '';
		}// End Display Free Shipping Message; echo $free_shipping_message to print it.
		unset($free_shipping);
	} // End while($vId);
} // End get Vendors
 elseif((MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_STATUS_1) && (MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_STATUS_1 == 'True') && $teaser) {
	// We don't have any products in our cart, so we can't tell if a
	// specific vendor has free shipping or not.  All is not lost: we can 
	// still check our default vendor and display a teaser!
	$free_shipping_message[1] = sprintf(FREE_SHIPPING_TEASER, $currencies->format(MODULE_SHIPPING_FREEAMOUNT_AMOUNT_1), STORE_NAME);
} else {
	// We ended up here because no vendors have free shipping, so make our 
	// string blank.  This allows us to keep the string in our display 
	// code, ready to show up as soon as we do enable a vendor with free
	// shipping!
	$free_shipping_message = '';
}
// This is ugly, but it works.  Build a string outputting our messages.  
// Alternatively, you can call an individual vendors' messaged by printing
// $free_shipping_message[x] -- where "x" is the vendor_id.
if(is_array($free_shipping_message)) {
	$tmp = $free_shipping_message;
	unset($free_shipping_message);
	$free_shipping_message = '';
	foreach($tmp as $value) {
		$free_shipping_message .= $value.'<br />';
	}
}
} // End free shipping message builder.

So basically you call it by echoing $free_shipping_message anywhere in your cart. The unfortunate part is, if you have several vendors and a customer has products from multiple vendors in their cart, they'll get an output message like:

Spend $200.00 on VendorName products and get free shipping!

Spend $35.21 more on VendorName2 products and get free shipping!

Congratulations! You qualify for free shipping on VendorName3 products!

Alternatively, you can comment out that last bit of code starting with if(is_array($free_shipping_message)) and just call each vendor's message separately, like:

<?php echo $free_shipping_message[1]; ?>

Where "1" is the vendor's ID number.

Option #3 is to remove the array key from $free_shipping_message, making it a string that continually resets itself (e.g., instead of $free_shipping_message[$vID] = BLAH change it to $free_shipping_message = BLAH), and you only get one message...but it will be for the last vendor in your query array. This is useful if you only expect someone to purchase one vendor's products at a time, or if you only have one vendor with free shipping enabled.

Anyway, hope someone finds that useful. It's not a full contribution, just a little code snippet. :)

I've been reading and reading - must be going blind. Think I saw the solution in here - or maybe not?

When I want to print out invoice from admin - the product, model, tax and all price fields are emty!!

The below line: sub-totals, freight, totals and tax are showing fine?

How can I get the invoice to show what products the customer bought?

I need to print out these information to my "tax examiner" (don't know the correct word) *s*

Helle

can you please help me i have MVS-V1.1 and in Admin categories.php

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/htdocs/w0072363/admin/categories.php:1) in /www/htdocs/w0072363/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w0072363/admin/categories.php:1) in /www/htdocs/w0072363/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 152

sessions.php on line 67:

line 67 = return session_start();

session_set_save_handler('_sess_open', '_sess_close', '_sess_read', '_sess_write', '_sess_destroy', '_sess_gc');
 }

function tep_session_start() {
return session_start();
 }

function tep_session_register($variable) {
return session_register($variable);
 }

and the general:

line 152= header('Location: ' . $url);

// Redirect to another page or site
 function tep_get_languages_directory($code) {
global $languages_id;
$language_query = tep_db_query("select languages_id, directory from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where code = '" . tep_db_input($code) . "'");
if (tep_db_num_rows($language_query)) {
  $language = tep_db_fetch_array($language_query);
  $languages_id = $language['languages_id'];
  return $language['directory'];
} else {
  return false;
  }
 }

function tep_redirect($url) {
global $logger;

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));
}

[color=#FF0000]	header('Location: ' . $url);[/color]

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
  if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;
  $logger->timer_stop();
}

exit;
 }

////
// Parse the data use

Please can you help me?

Edited by webistefan

can you please help me i have MVS-V1.1 and in Admin categories.php

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/htdocs/w0072363/admin/categories.php:1) in /www/htdocs/w0072363/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

{snip}

You have characters on the first line of your admin/categories.php. Go in and delete everything before the <?php on Line 1.

Regards

Jim

I've been reading and reading - must be going blind. Think I saw the solution in here - or maybe not?

When I want to print out invoice from admin - the product, model, tax and all price fields are emty!!

I need to print out these information to my "tax examiner" (don't know the correct word) *s*

Helle

I have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated !

RonR

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed in the past, but i have not been able to find a solution to my problem.

I have just installed MVS 1.1 on a clean, unmodified version of oscommerce, and everything seemed to go fine, but i've encountered a problem when i attempt to place a test order.

After i click on "confirm order", it displays this error message...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/lewisqic/outfitterwarehouse.com/catalog/checkout_process.php on line 125

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/lewisqic/outfitterwarehouse.com/catalog/checkout_process.php:125) in /hsphere/local/home/lewisqic/outfitterwarehouse.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Does anyone have any advice on how i can fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-lewisqic

lewisqic

Does anybody have a solution to:

It seems I'm not alone with this issue - ronr1999 is having the same problem?? Are we the only ones?

Now for something else:

I sell digital downloads, and created a vendor that ONLY have free shipping. Then I discovered to my horror, if you order in Danish currency - no problem, but if you order in another - wooow - then it cost money??

This is my currencies right now:

DKK (standard) DKK 1.00000000

EUR 0.13420001

GBP 0.09034000

USD 0.17600000

When using FREE shipping for one vendor it seems the currency values somehow get mixed up? See how similar they are??

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order. (the same order on checkout_shipping.php - I just kept changing the currency)

Free Shipping - No charge EUR 1.34

Free Shipping - No charge USD 1.76

Free Shipping - No charge DKK 0,00

Free Shipping - No charge GBP 9.03

I changed the vendors shipping method to Per Item and also tried the Flat Rate - no problem. But it would be nice if it said "Free Shipping" to the customer........?

Can somebody tell me what's happening?

Trying to get caught up here, so you get three answers in one post:

Bill: I've looked at Google Checkout and it's a mess. Google wants to take over the entire checkout process -- including shipping. They do have a way for you to feed them the shipping charges, but it's messy and I doubt that most osCommerce stores could meet the speed requirements. If they come up with a system that just handles payment, like most payment gateways, then maybe this will become possible. For now I'd give it a pass.

Devin: Do you have MVS turned on in the Admin? Do you have at least one vendor set up with at least one shipping method set up for for that vendor?

Helle: Please read this post and answer my questions. I'll try to figure this one out for you, but I can't duplicate the problem so it may be tricky.

Your second question is a bit odd as well. The Free shipping module is a copy of the Flat module with the cost internally set to zero. I can't see how that would get changed and the original Flat module would not. However, if the Flat module works for you, just use that and change the text in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/vendors_shipping/flat.php (and the other languages as needed.) This appears to be one of those cases where 0 != 0.

Regards

Jim