• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can you help with warnings: session_start()...

bsb

:( I changed the /includes/configuration.php file so that SSL was set to 'false' instead of 'true'. Ever since then I get the following on top of my start page (http://www.onlineshopper.com.au/shop):

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php:48) in /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php:48) in /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

When you klick "Add to Cart" the following happens:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php:48) in /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php:48) in /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/configure.php:48) in /home/onlinesh/public_html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

How can I fix this?

PS

I allready replaced the files configuration.php and sessions.php with ones from my brand new installation, but the problem remains.

PLEASE HELP since I have about 2000 products in this shop and a new installation would be a disaster.

If you are not using your own server you will not have access to the tmp folder in the root so change both admin/includes/configure.php and catalog/includes/configure.php files.

look for this line of code

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and change it to this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

check your Configure File for Extra Line spaces AFTER the ?>

if there are any delete them, that should fix it

there are only 44 lines in the defualt Config file, so that leads me to believe you have white space after the ?> which is interpreted as "content" and leads to the error

WOW. THANKS Ancient!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally understood your message.

The lines after ?> were the problem. They should be erased!

Thanks again!

Archived