• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Categories Description MS2 1.5.

mtwo1

I recently installed the mod Categories Description MS2 1.5 and follow the ReadMe posted on: 29 Jun 2004.

I had no problems following the installation but now I can't insert new categories or sub categories on my site.

When I click the New Category button, my site displays the form for a new category. But when I click the Preview button and then the Insert button,

the new category I just entered is not listed.

I also checked the database and found no new record for the category.

It seems like this mod is missing a few.

Does anybody here have this mod working on their site right?

I recently installed the mod Categories Description MS2 1.5 and follow the ReadMe posted on: 29 Jun 2004.

I had no problems following the installation but now I can't insert new categories or sub categories on my site.

When I click the New Category button, my site displays the form for a new category. But when I click the Preview button and then the Insert button,

the new category I just entered is not listed.

I also checked the database and found no new record for the category.

It seems like this mod is missing a few.

Does anybody here have this mod working on their site right?

I have installed this and it does work, it has been awhile so I am not sure if I had any trouble or not. You might want to check the support thread in the contribution support section of the forum and double check your work.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

and follow the ReadMe posted on: 29 Jun 2004.

Bent Bjoernskov is talking about "the newest MS2", I would not use this. What would be the newest MS2???? Just MS2, or one of the CVS versions?

The "20 Jul 2003 - Categories Description MS2 1.5" work for sure, installed it several times, I had a litte layout error in admin (could be my own error), but other than that no problems at all.

Edited by John-Doe

Thanks for the reply guys.

I have checked my installation numerous times now and still couldn't find

a single problem with it.

I thinking maybe the files currently posted are not the same one you guys

used. Do anyone of you still have the files you've used? If so, could

I get a copy?

Thanks for the help again.

HI - not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes...I have the categories description contribution working well. However I was wondering if there was a way to get the description entered appearing in the metatags. I have this working for products but have tried a few times to pick up the category descriptions in the index.php metatags but to no success. Just wondering if anyone else has acheived this and if so, how?

Hope that makes sense..

Thanks heaps!

• 1 month later...

Sarah, someone else was wondering about using this description with category metatags. No solution yet, but you may want to look here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=102590

I am having a problem with this contrib. A parse error in admin/categories due to a part of the new_categories_insert. I've posted more about it, help is appreciated!

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=42577