• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Putting Product's in correct order?

need to be able to put my product's in their correct order, at the moment they are not all with each other, may all be in accessories but i need say all colours of one item to be next to each other but they are all spread accross the accesories page in the wrong order, how do i rearrange them?

Matt

need to be able to put my product's in their correct order, at the moment they are not all with each other, may all be in accessories but i need say all colours of one item to be next to each other but they are all spread accross the accesories page in the wrong order, how do i rearrange them?

Matt

I think you can get them to sort by adding 001) 002) 003) 004) in front of the Product Name+ seems like the quickest fix what do you think? Sorry I'm not a programmer. I'm more of an operator.

G.B.

Acheron, can you please explain that a little bit more, last resort is the numbers before the item's as it will look out of place... but if no other solution may have to!

Matt

Acheron, can you please explain that a little bit more, last resort is the numbers before the item's as it will look out of place... but if no other solution may have to!

Matt

Well, you need to pull the info from the products_attributes table as is done in the product_info page. Then you need to have it sort by that, then name (as it does by default). Sounds like a pain in the a--.

If you did manage to pull it off, you would have the added benefit of being able to display the attributes in the product listing (maybe a new column) and the Buy Now could be used right from there. This second part is something I have wanted to do for some time, but just have't had the time to get into it.

i'm going to have a go at that on monday as bit late now, so if any prob's i'll post back up here so please keep an eye on it. Is there no contribution's to do such a thing?

Matt

Archived