• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

integration

bengray

well, what doc do i have to put my own index.htm information into and then add the .php (if this does not make sense, it is because i know very little of what i am talking about - sorry!) thanks!

ok, i FINALLY installed oscommerce! now, where is the best place to learn how to integrate it into a pre-existing website? is this difficult to do? thank you!

osC is really meant to be a stand alone solution. You can change the look of it to match the rest of your site but you are going to have a lot of trouble trying to integrate html pages into your install. If you are familar with html you could install sts as that would let you use a html template for your site to give it the look you want.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

yeah I'm fairly competent with HTML and web design and diving into PHP needs some understanding b4 you start stripping things down etc.., you have to think of Oscommerce (in my opinion) as basiclly sets of nested tables with PHP code in the cells. I'm currently still getting to grips with removing features I don't need b4 then carving out any style/html content myself. It's a common mistake to think you can just steam in as it were with some HTML and start personalising it quite quickly. You've gotta break it down into pieces. I find dreamweaver very useful in displaying the structure of say catalog/index.php for example - you can then get start to get an overview of the task. Anyone agree with me? :) Sean

what is sts? could you explain that a little more? Is there anyplace which shows how to piece by piece break it down? thanks

Simple Template System

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived