• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Accounts, Major

Malakai

I am running 2.2, installed using Fantastico to www.<subdomain>.<domain>.org/dbb

Anyways, everything works except the checkout and account features. If I click on any account/checkout related thing (I can add stuff to the cart), it will give me this error:

The connection to <subdomain>.<domain>.org has terminated unexpectedly.  Some data may have been transferred.

I've looked through the database at oscommerce.info, and found nothing useful. Searching these forums gave me nothing, as well.

I may be missing something in the admin page, but I don't see anything there that allows me to edit accounts that do not yet exist. Please help.

My guess is that you set the installation up for SSL and you don't have an SSL installed for that domain.

Checkout and account features will access the SSL if it exists. If it doesnt, then you might see this type of error.

Deborah

I am having the same issue. Let me ask this, when I set up the site I selected SSL. Now I get the same errors.

To take advantage of this, do I need to purchase a certificate etc. and have my admins install and configure an IP address on the server that my online store resides?

Archived