• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

multiple products error

profpixel

Hi All,

I am having a problem when trying to add more than a quantity of 1 product to the cart.

I add a product to the cart and change the "Qty." field to 6 (for example) but the cart will always show as only having 1 of the product.....

I am not sure if this is maybe a cookie issue?

If I continue shopping and then add another of the same product this works and shows in the cart as 2...

Any ideas welcome! =)

Yep, when you modify quantity or remove items from cart you must press "update" to confirm this action.

It's possible to modify this functionality with a javascript code. Edit shopping_cart.php and add following code

<script language="javascript">
 //<!--
 function do_update(formi) {
     formi.submit();
   }
 //-->
 </script>

just before "</head>" tag (about line 25)

At next, go to the row (maybe 168...170) where you'll see

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']));

after text ?size="4"? add there code ?onChange="do_update(this.form);"? so that code will look now just as following:

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4" onChange="do_update(this.form);"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']));

That's it. When ever you change the value of the quantity it should be updated without clicking "update" button. B)

Archived