• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manufacturer's Name in Heading

SHANX6336

Hey everybody,

I have read through many posts and osCommerce documents and cannot find how to have the Manufacturer's Name shown as the heading of a page. I have a web site where you can view products by browsing the categories or click on the links to go directly to the manufacturer's page to view all of the products made by that manufacturer. In regular categories, it will show in text what the category name is, but it doesn't work the same for the manufacturer's page.

Here is the code that is in all of the main PHP files so that the category's name shows up:

<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>

I was wondering if there was something I can replace this code with to show the Manufacturer's Name.

Thank you very much! I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

By default, it only shoes the manufacturer's logo/image with no text involved, but I want the manufacturer's name written in text.

Any suggestions?

A quick fix might be to edit the image with the text. What do you think?

Sorry I'm not a programmer, I'm more of a operator.

G.B.

By default, it only shoes the manufacturer's logo/image with no text involved, but I want the manufacturer's name written in text.

Any suggestions?

A quick fix might be to edit the image with the text. What do you think?

Sorry I'm not a programmer, I'm more of a operator.

G.B.

No problem, I appreciate the response.

The problem is I want a small 100x50 image to appear on the right side of each product page under Manufacturer Info. Now once you go to the Manufacturer's page that image is still just 100x50, but I really wanted it to be text based.

I'm surprised something like this hasn't been done before or maybe no one wants to help me :D If worst comes to worst, I may just find a way to play around with images but I really don't want it to come to that.

Archived