• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URGENT - Pages don't show!

siavash

hi all,

i played with osc on localhost. all ok. have been trying to install on the hosting company's server, installation complete but some pages do not download at all such as login page, my account, chech out, create an account, etc. and i get the usual "page acnnot be displayed" page! have checked the relevant files. they exist in the right directors and the paths seem correct.

any ideas what's wrong? how can i fix it? or alternatively is there a similar posting i can refer to . i wasn't able to find one. maybe it's just too late! 2.55 am!

thanks for support.

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

carrerarod,

what link? why should they be missing anyway? Okay where should i look for the link?

carrerarod,

what link? why should they be missing anyway? Okay where should i look for the link?

I think he was probably asking for a link to your site. Sometimes looking directly at how a site is behaving will help when trying to figure out what the problem is.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

sorry I appologize.... http://thesavageshop.com/oscommerce if you try to login or checkout it doesnt work.

well it crashed & burned on the first link I clicked. So I loaded your site then clicked on "my account" top right. You get an SSL error and if you click through it just dies.

My guess is the reason you are getting blank pages is that you don't have SSL running properly....

This is where is tried to go:

""https://www.thesavageshop.com/oscommerce/account.phposCsid=5938053fcc8c2ef705b7cfacdeae8c4f"

which does not exists (note the HTTPS...)

Turn off ssl, you don't have it enabled.

catalog/includes/configure.php

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Thanks for your comments. i modified as foloows >> define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

log in and crate account pages work now but "my account" and "check out" and probably other links don't work. i get an error message as follows:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php:514) in .../htdocs/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

what is the problem now? i can see that my header is seemingly causing the problem! can someone please enlighten me!

cheers.

PS others who had the same issue: did you mange to resolve yours? appreciate it if you can share.

just bringin! it up. it may get more attention!

a site visitor can set up an account but when s/he completes the account creation the same warning message appears:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../htdocs/shop/includes/application_top.php:514) in .../htdocs/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Nevertheless the account is crated!! and a confirmation email is sent out to the visitor!

i get the same message when i click on "check out".

can anybody please enlighten Homer?

Thanks for your comments. i modified as foloows >> define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

log in and crate account pages work now but "my account" and "check out" and probably other links don't work. i get an error message as follows:

what is the problem now? i can see that my header is seemingly causing the problem! can someone please enlighten me!

cheers.

PS others who had the same issue: did you mange to resolve yours? appreciate it if you can share.

Search is your friend

DOCS Headers already sent error

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

thanx Richard. did search earlier but didn't find it! i'll check it out.

OK. i wasn't able to locate the problem as described in

Search is your friend

DOCS Headers already sent error

However, i simply replaced my application_top.php with another application_top.php file from my test shop on localhost!! it seems to work! is there a potential problem by any chance i needda be aware of?!

Do you have to run this in SSL? I turned it off and I got it to work but now I have this:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/html/oscommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

accross the top of the page. I'm pretty new to thing type of stuff so I'm not yet 100% sure on how everything works.

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

Do you have to run this in SSL? I turned it off and I got it to work but now I have this:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/html/oscommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

accross the top of the page. I'm pretty new to thing type of stuff so I'm not yet 100% sure on how everything works.

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

Change the permissions for the file to 644 or 444 and the message will go away. It has nothing to do with your ssl settings.

Jim, if you use windows simply right click on the relevant file (i.e. configure.php) and select "properties" right at the bottom. there you can see the permissions if "write" is checked, uncheck it and you 'll be alright.

same way you can easily determine whether a file if readable, writable or executable or two or all of them. you can also determin group permissions, etc.

Archived