• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Number inside extra order email

To whom it may concern:

How could osCommerce be changed in order to incorporate the displaying of the credit card number for the extra order emails?

Currently it only displays Payment method.

Currently using osCommerce 2.2ms2 with FreeBSD.

-=-Thanks in Advance

-=-Greg Hamen

This is the wrong forum for this question. It would be better in General Support.

But...

if you go to Admin -> Modules -> Payment, then click on Credit Card you'll see that you can put in an email address to have the split credit card numbers sent to.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

HOT TIP - Do not transmit credit card numbers via e-mail. E-mail must be the most insecure communication medium.

Why go to the extent of having a secure site and then transmitting the credit card number in an e-mail?

DANGER

Dan

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I was looking to get the entire credit card number to be emailed out. Our previous ecommerce solution was faxing the entire order details to our fax machine. Since our email server is in-house and maintained by us, we figure that it would be ok.

I don't expect to have all our sales reps to login to the admin panel to get the details of the order. Unless there is another easier solution to this, I think keeping it to an in-house email is best.

-=-Thanks again

-=-Greg Hamen

Archived