• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fedex shipping module : international rates

willwalla

Hi all,

I had the Fedex shipping module V2.04 installed with my account number and have been testing a bit.

For domestic and US deliveries, they seem correct.

However, for international shipping, the rates seem extraordinarily high. Also : they only provide one rate : International Priority (1-3 days). I checked the php file and there is more possibilities given : International first, international Economy. But none of these is displayed.

I then called Fedex technical support and they said that the module is not Fedex originating. I did not know that as I know that for the Canada Post module, Canada Post is aware it exists.

Now since it seems to be a OScommerce customized module, how come not all Fedex rates for international are called up ? Is it because Fedex does not offer these rates any more ?

Does anyone have a similar problem ? This really blocks my international customers : Canada Post low rates are not accepted (see previous post) and Fedex only offers a sky-high rate. Nobody overseas will want to buy any of my products, however interested they might be, simply because the international shipping is killing the product, even if I could send the products with Canada Post for 6 or 12$, the website does not show that and the customers are not willing to pay the high rates....

Not good...

Would really appreciate if anybody had something to say to that

WW

www.callibo.com