• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Made a new address book field, but have an error..

Nocturnaloner

I made a new field, Title, to go after the customer's name. This is an important field for my client. I hacked my way through it by duplicating the company field and variables wherever they occur, and for the most part that worked.

The breakage occurs in the address book and the checkout pages, where the addresses appear like this:

TitleCompany

Name

Title

Address

City, State Zip

NOW, if I remove $title entirely from my address_format table entry, I get this:

TitleCompany

Name

Address

City, State Zip

Can ANYONE give me a suggestion as to why this is happening??

In keeping with my tradition of answering my own posts, (why stop now?) I found my error. in includes/functions/general.php is this line:

if ( (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true') && (tep_not_null($company)) ) {

$address = $company . $cr . $address;

}

What it does is re-format the address, if show company is turned on in the admin. I had mistakenly put $title into this line ($address= $title . $company . $cr . $address;), and the result was what I posted above. Took out the title string, problem solved. Beyond Compare is an essential tool.

• 2 weeks later...

This could quite possibly be the answer to my problem! Thank you for coming back and posting your resolution!

Yes, I recently discovered Beyond Compare and I do believe it's the best piece of software I've found in a couple of years!

Archived