• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another broken images question

Im at a loss, and hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I cant seem to locate a solution to the following problem in the forum.

Im running apache on my local windows box for development.

The product images are showing up

My problem is: the "supplementary images" such as the buy now button, review button, continue shopping, update, checkout ----- all those buttons located in

catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons

ie: http://localhost/vetbuy/catalog/includes/l...on_checkout.gif

and

catalog/includes/languages/english/images (where the language icon usa flag resides)

ie:

http://localhost/vetbuy/catalog/includes/l.../images/usa.png

are broken. The link associated with the button images works, but the graphics arent displaying.

I've been told that because im using a windows box, that there is no real way to set permissions (nor a need to).

If there is a way, I would be greatful if someone could enlighten me, or possibly point me in the right direction to get the images to display.

many tia...stan

(my sanity --whats left of it, -- hangs in the balance)

Check the names and case of your graphics. many Windows programs will save something like flag.GIF instead of flad.gif. This can create display problems when you are looking for *.gif or *.png instead of *.GIF or *.PNG.

hth

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Check the names and case of your graphics. many Windows programs will save something like flag.GIF instead of flad.gif. This can create display problems when you are looking for *.gif or *.png instead of *.GIF or *.PNG.

hth

Thanks George, I just checked the directory, and all buttons are lower case. If you happen to know exactly which file (or files) is / are calling the images, I'll go double check that the code is also set to lower case.

one of the problems im having is figuring out which *.php file is excersising control over which pages.

thnx again.

Hope this doesn't contrevene etiquette, but i need to float this to the top, so its seen.

tia, for any help...

If you are going live on a Linux/Apache server, don't worry too much about graphics that don't show on your local host. Many pathing problems go away once you get the cart up on the web. I have some windows boxes with Apche/PHP/mySQL that display all the images properly, and others, with the same data and files, that have trouble with the buttons nested deep under the images directory.

If this is your production server, check your pathing to eliminate spaces (normally not a problem with Apache, PHP). You may be going calling a path/filename longer than your os can handle.

For instance, if you have your local website at c:\program files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\public\catalog\images\buttons\mybuttons\button.gif, your path may be too long.

Set up c:\htdocs (all lower case). move your local website to that directory, and change httpd.conf to point to that directory.

hth

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Archived