• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Layout Question

brenridley

I have designed the look of my web site.

See:

http://www.glamourshades.com

How do I integrate oscommerce so that my design fits inbetween the left and right column?

See:

http://www.glamourshades.com/shop

I got the content into index.php but when I try to place the html table in the includes/languages/english/index.php I get an error.

:blink:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'How do I get the table above to go right here???');

Is there a way to somehow to include an html file in 'TEXT_MAIN'?

I am using DreamWeaver MX.

Thanks for the help,

Bren

I need more info... My html file is very complex. It would be ideal if it could live in a seperate file and be called/inserted by

define('TEXT_MAIN', '????????');

Is it possible? What would the code look like?

Thanks,

Bren

Impossible. You will need to take apart your HTML code and integrate with the base Oscommerce functions. Sounds worse than it really is.

Alternatively, look at the BTS contribution or the STS contribution, both of which give a degree of control over layouts.

You can't. Oscommerce doesn't work that way.

You will need to learn Oscommerce by reading these Forums and the help site: www.oscommerce.info in order to learn how to make your changes.

I have used STS and have found it very useful. Depending on what you are trying to do though you may still find yourself getting back into the code. But I still found STS to make life much easier. If you search there is a thread dedicated to supporting this contribution and the authors readme is quite helpful.

Mike

Archived