• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax - an explanation

gazzzzzza

I have got a massively modified oscommerce based site and my client now wants tax adding to his products on a per product basis.

I have had a look at this but it is a bit alien to me! I have severley modified everything (near enough) on the site but I would like someone to give me a run through how tax works initially so I can then work backwards through it and get it working how my client wants.

I have another OSC site which is less modded but I cannot even get tax working correctly on that one either!

My sites are UK based and the tax will either be on or off at 17.5% per product. I do not really understand how the zoning works for products and how this then links into the checkout. Does the tax appear if the zone matches a users address in some way?

Could someone please explain the linking to me? maybe a diagram? :D

Any help would be much appreciated

always here to offer some useless advice....

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...s_and_Taxes/169

Should get you on your way... and if you haven't modified the currencies class and tax class it should be a matter of setting everything up in the admin, do an SQL query to assign the tax id to all the existing products and it should work straight away.

Regards

Matthijs

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Archived