• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

Hello Everyone, I'm sure most of you using this great contribution just got the same email I did about FedEx updating their system this weekend, but I figured I'd post it here so everyone is aware and will keep my fingers crossed that it does not affect us. Thanks again to all working on it as it is an amazing time saver.

Dear Valued FedEx Ship Manager API Customer,

FedEx is updating its FedEx Ship Manager® API and FedEx Ship Manager® Direct systems on January 20, 2007 to improve your shipping experience with enhanced delivery commitments and a consistent experience for customers across the FedEx network.

FedEx Production Load/Update

Due to the quarterly FedEx load update, FedEx production systems will experience an outage from Saturday, January 20th at 11:00 pm CST until Sunday, January 21st at 3:00 am.

FedEx Testing System Outage/Update

The FedEx Test Environment will also be updated with latest Corporate Release software on Sunday, January 21st morning.  Due to scheduled routine maintenance updates, the test environment could encounter unstable experience for the next seven business days.

FedEx Ship Manager API/Direct Update

The following is a short summary of some of the new enhancements that will be available to customers after the system update.  

· Express Freight enhancements with improved domestic and international door-to-door pickup and delivery.  Now, customers in Hawaii can send or receive IPF and FedEx 1Day freight shipments.

· Ground Dim Weight Rating in now available to allow the dim weight of shipments to be used as the billable weight. Also, the 90 lb minimum weight requirement for Ground oversize packages has been removed.

· Alternate Reference Tracking for new Express Reference Fields allows tracking by invoice number or purchase order number.

· Express and Ground Carrier Pickup enhancements allows customers to specify an alternate pickup address, to schedule same day Ground pickups, and to schedule Ground pickups in specified residential areas.

· Commitment Code in Express Rating and Ship Transactions

· Transit Time in the Ground Ship reply

· Customizable Thermal Labels allows the use of the top 1.5 inches of a thermal label for customized text messages or images.

· Support for the Zebra ZPL USB Printers

Please ensure your appropriate team members are aware of the scheduled FedEx updates planned for January 20, 2007:

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for using FedEx® Ship Manager API/Direct.

The FedEx Web Integration Solutions Team

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, I have a question about the FedEx shipping process. I added the label generator v1.2b and surprisingly went in fairly smooth without any errors. My question is I get an error when trying to track a shipment.

Your package is not in the tracking system yet. Please check back later.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 500139 : No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again or contact Customer Service at 1.800.Go.FedEx® 800.463.3339.

Does this mean that the FedEx guy has to scan it first and then it will show in the system OR should it automatically go into the system when the label is generated in OSCommerce.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Everyone, I have a question about the FedEx shipping process. I added the label generator v1.2b and surprisingly went in fairly smooth without any errors. My question is I get an error when trying to track a shipment.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 500139 : No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again or contact Customer Service at 1.800.Go.FedEx® 800.463.3339.

Does this mean that the FedEx guy has to scan it first and then it will show in the system OR should it automatically go into the system when the label is generated in OSCommerce.

Thanks!

I have this question too. Also, after I log into my account on the fedex.com website, there are no shipments shown, and there are no current bills due, no tracking numbers etc. This says to me that the module is not submitting properly to fedex. Yes, I am certified to use the production server, just got it this morning.

Can someone outline how the module is SUPPOSED to work? some questions about the actual functionality of the thing.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I started receiving the same message for ground and home shipments yesterday. Expedited shipments still work fine. I am still on the test server using running automated fedex version 1.3

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
ERROR: FedEx Return Error 4060 : Invalid weight for selected service

and

Has anyone figured out how to do multi-package overnight shipments? With the module as is it has a problem due to the single package dimension input fields.

Mark

I'm having the same issue. Having just verified the debug information with Fedex it looks as if it is a 0 weight value for the packages is to blame.

The package weight value being transmitted for a single item is:

[1401] => 3.3

For a multiple package is:-

[1400] => 10.0 < total weight of all packages

[1401] => 0.0 <this should be the weight of each individual package.

It seems like the weights of each individual package need to be entered.

Can anyone suggest an easy way to fix this for a non-coder? Or if anyone has some spare time I could donate a few beer tokens! ;)

GREAT contrib by the way, it will save us hours of double entry. It just a shame to have to do the multiple package orders manually.

Thx,

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

I have uploaded v2.0 here. The new contribution now supports Thermal Labels printing. Although it is a full package, for existing 1.x users, upgrading is very easy:

Code Changes

=========

1. Rename your existing admin/fedex_popup.php to admin/fedex_popup_laser.php

2. Copy new admin/fedex_popup.php

3. Changes the differences between the new admin/ship_fedex.php and your copy.

Thermal Printer Setup

==============

- For Thermal Printer setup, I recommend you get the latest driver from FedEx for Zebra LP2844ps. USB is always recommended instead of Serial.

- The Margins in the Browser Page Setup must be change to all zeros before printing.

- Networked Printing on windows has also been tested working. (Thermal is set up on one computer can be printed by another computer remotely)

Please post any problems to this forum.

The Jackal

- The Jackal

I have uploaded v2.0 here. The new contribution now supports Thermal Labels printing. Although it is a full package, for existing 1.x users, upgrading is very easy:

Code Changes

=========

Thermal Printer Setup

==============

- For Thermal Printer setup, I recommend you get the latest driver from FedEx for Zebra LP2844ps. USB is always recommended instead of Serial.

- The Margins in the Browser Page Setup must be change to all zeros before printing.

- Networked Printing on windows has also been tested working. (Thermal is set up on one computer can be printed by another computer remotely)

The Jackal

- The Jackal

Code Changes

=========

Thermal Printer Setup

==============

The Jackal

- The Jackal

Code Changes

=========

Thermal Printer Setup

==============

The Jackal

- The Jackal

Sorry about the multiple posts. My browser keeps timing out...and I didn't realize that it was actually posted at the back end. Could the administrators delete the extra posts? Sorry again.

Edited by TheJackal

- The Jackal

I've been using this fedex label contribution for almost two years and it is great.

I only have one little problem: I frequently get charged $10 for wrong addresses (could be the city & zip doesn't match or the customer put in 105 instead of 150 for the address). Fedex has told me there API supports address vertification to determine if the address is deliverable prior to the label being made. Is there a way to enable that on the real-time label contribution to do this address checking?

P.S. I am not currently using the latest version ... so maybe it already does this - if so please let me know!

Edited by rpb

Hello all,

What I'd like to do is get labels from FedEx without having to manually transpose the information for each order (what a drag). FedEx Labels seemed to be the ideal solution. My prices include shipping, so we don't seek shipping rate info for our orders. We just use FedEx envelops, shipping only documents, nextday, second day. Most of our requests are shipped FedEx. (We use USPS Priority Mail for one week delivery - that I'll do manually for the time being.)

I first installed FedEx Labels 2.0. Of course, after running that, I noticed that Real Time Quotes is required. Duh.

I then installed Fedex Real Time Quotes 2.07. Now, when I attempt a "ship" so that I can acquire a label (with default shipping parameters, FedEx Home Delivery), I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 110A : The login failed

if I change the delivery to Standard Overnight, I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 803E : Recipient name and/or company required.

Naturally, I don't know whether this is a Real Time Quotes issue, or a FedEx Label issue - or both.

Is there something else I have to install?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Martin

Hello all,

What I'd like to do is get labels from FedEx without having to manually transpose the information for each order (what a drag). FedEx Labels seemed to be the ideal solution. My prices include shipping, so we don't seek shipping rate info for our orders. We just use FedEx envelops, shipping only documents, nextday, second day. Most of our requests are shipped FedEx. (We use USPS Priority Mail for one week delivery - that I'll do manually for the time being.)

I first installed FedEx Labels 2.0. Of course, after running that, I noticed that Real Time Quotes is required. Duh.

I then installed Fedex Real Time Quotes 2.07. Now, when I attempt a "ship" so that I can acquire a label (with default shipping parameters, FedEx Home Delivery), I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 110A : The login failed

if I change the delivery to Standard Overnight, I get:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 803E : Recipient name and/or company required.

Naturally, I don't know whether this is a Real Time Quotes issue, or a FedEx Label issue - or both.

Is there something else I have to install?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Martin

OK I think its a FedEx certification issue, Test Server whatnot thing. RTFMS

Yes, call FedEx to set you up on their test server.

So, please ignore for the time being. If there's a problem, I'll be back.

Thanx.

What a great contribution for saving time! Thank you. All seems to working fine.

I just wanted to know, in your update of today, you have a different format date as folows.

Is there any reason for concern? Thanx.

your preferred code is:

if ($signed_by)

$delivery_date = strtotime($delivery_date);

$status_note = $track_Ret['1159-'.$i.'-1'];

On my recent install (most recent package), this section of code is:

//with if statement added

// format date

if ($signed_by)

$delivery_date = date("F j, Y", $delivery_date);

// format time, determine am or pm

$hour = substr($delivery_time,0,2);

$minute = substr($delivery_time,2,2);

if ($hour >= 12) {

$time_mod = 'pm';

// make pm hours non-military time

if ($hour > 12) {

$hour = ($hour - 12);

}

}

else {

$time_mod = 'am';

}

What a great contribution for saving time! Thank you. All seems to working fine.

I just wanted to know, in your update of today, you have a different format date as folows.

Is there any reason for concern? Thanx.

your preferred code is:

if ($signed_by)

$status_note = $track_Ret['1159-'.$i.'-1'];

On my recent install (most recent package), this section of code is:

//with if statement added

// format date

if ($signed_by)

$delivery_date = date("F j, Y", $delivery_date);

// format time, determine am or pm

$hour = substr($delivery_time,0,2);

$minute = substr($delivery_time,2,2);

if ($hour >= 12) {

$time_mod = 'pm';

// make pm hours non-military time

if ($hour > 12) {

$hour = ($hour - 12);

}

}

else {

$time_mod = 'am';

}

hi imagixx

ignore the line '$status_note = $track_Ret['1159-'.$i.'-1'];'

Keep it as '$delivery_date = date("F j, Y", $delivery_date);'

The sample I provided was a modified code for testing purposes but forgot to format it back when i posted it online. The point of the change was to indiciate you had to insert 'if ($signed_by)', not modify anything else.

Thanks, Jackal for uploading the thermal label support. Really appreciated!

But now, I'm wondering since my client uses the 4 x 6.75 with doc-tab at top (label code from fedex is 6), and I replace the "7" in the 1370 field in ship_fedex.php, I keep getting a 1602 error (duplicate entry ' ' in key 2) in the shipping_manifest table.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why I get that error only when I switch from "7" to "6" in the 1370 field in ship_fedex.php?

Thanks!

Chris B.

Thanks, Jackal for uploading the thermal label support. Really appreciated!

But now, I'm wondering since my client uses the 4 x 6.75 with doc-tab at top (label code from fedex is 6), and I replace the "7" in the 1370 field in ship_fedex.php, I keep getting a 1602 error (duplicate entry ' ' in key 2) in the shipping_manifest table.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why I get that error only when I switch from "7" to "6" in the 1370 field in ship_fedex.php?

Thanks!

Chris B.

Hi, option 6 is for 4x6 with doc-tab at the top for THERMAL. It won't work for this solution. What you need is 4x6 PNG with doc-tab at the bottom..which isn't available currently.

Edited by TheJackal

- The Jackal

Thanks in advanced for your help!!

I have installed this contribution and am getting this error

This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 800E : Account and meter does not match

Both fedexdc.php's are set to production.

Please help!

Hi, option 6 is for 4x6 with doc-tab at the top for THERMAL. It won't work for this solution. What you need is 4x6 PNG with doc-tab at the bottom..which isn't available currently.

Thanks, Jackal. I'll see if I can talk to the IT guys at FedEx about what I can do. Will post if I find solution.

Chris B.

Thanks in advanced for your help!!

I have installed this contribution and am getting this error

Both fedexdc.php's are set to production.

Please help!

I have been using the FedEx shipping module for a over a year and have had no problems with it. I have both an account and a meter number from this. I also installed it on a stock osc cart and get the same error as above

fedexdc.php in both locations are defined as

$server = 'production'; // which fedex server to use: test or production

$request_referer = 'www.mysite.com'; // base url for site, e.g.:

Please help! why am I getting this ( ERROR: FedEx Return Error 800E : Account and meter does not match) error on my cart and a stock osc cart?

Thanks

I have been using the FedEx shipping module for a over a year and have had no problems with it. I have both an account and a meter number from this. I also installed it on a stock osc cart and get the same error as above

fedexdc.php in both locations are defined as

$server = 'production'; // which fedex server to use: test or production

$request_referer = 'www.mysite.com'; // base url for site, e.g.:

Please help! why am I getting this ( ERROR: FedEx Return Error 800E : Account and meter does not match) error on my cart and a stock osc cart?

Thanks

when configuring your fedex module in the admin section, leave the meter id blank, and let it generate a new one for you automatically

when configuring your fedex module in the admin section, leave the meter id blank, and let it generate a new one for you automatically

Thanks arkane8. That worked.