• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

hi everyone,

i just started using this kick-ass contribution and noticed that when a delivery address has a company name included, it is not carried over to the shipping label request screen. does anybody know what mods need to be made to enable this?

Thank,

-Vaughn

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to install the Second Address module:

Second Address Line click here for contrib

You can also search in this Topic for "Second Address" and you'll find a bunch of posts. Some relate to shipping methods but many talk about what you want to do.... here is one:

Click here for threads within this topic for second address line

good luck!!

Edited by DRIVE

PS -- you also do need to follow the instructions in previous posts in this topic... the second address module is just one step... a big one though... just wanted to make that clear

Hmm. So you think that all my problems (including the 0kb .png file) is related to this SEO contrib? I know that I have the SE Safe URL's turned off, and don't believe that I've done anything with the SEO contrib in question, even though it is included in OSCMax.

So after doing some research, (over at OSCMax forum) it seems that others are having problems with the constant redirection to login screen with other contribs, not caused by this contrib but from the Admin Access contrib. Here is the link to the forum. Check it out. They offer some assistance, but apparently no real solution. Someone out there must have a solution somewhere... When I searched, I searched for "login screen". You'll have to wade through some unrelated material.

Are you using a shared SSL on your server? We have our own, I'm using CRELoaded and I don't have the redirect to login screen problem.

As for the 0 bytes for the png files, I can't ask if you are able to see the label image, since you keep getting redirected to login.

Chris B.

So after doing some research, (over at OSCMax forum) it seems that others are having problems with the constant redirection to login screen with other contribs, not caused by this contrib but from the Admin Access contrib. Here is the link to the forum. Check it out. They offer some assistance, but apparently no real solution. Someone out there must have a solution somewhere... When I searched, I searched for "login screen". You'll have to wade through some unrelated material.

Are you using a shared SSL on your server? We have our own, I'm using CRELoaded and I don't have the redirect to login screen problem.

As for the 0 bytes for the png files, I can't ask if you are able to see the label image, since you keep getting redirected to login.

Chris B.

Solution for the fix of being redirected to the admin login is screen is as simple as this, don't know why it works this way, but it does. I am still investigating why other pages do not have this problem with redirect. BTW i am using creloaded6.15.

Go into the admin section and open ship_fedex.php and go to line 480 or in that area. What we are going to do is edit one of the 2 redirects in this page. Change it so it reflects the below:

// ...and refresh the orders page

tep_redirect(FILENAME_ORDERS . '?oID=' . $order . '&osCAdminID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['osCAdminID']);

}

}

////

Now i checked in general.php function file that holds the actual tep_redirect function and nowhere in that code does it actual regenerate the osCAdminID variable in the redirection and mind you both, the initial SUBMIT button after clicking on SHIP and the CANCEL button each go back to ship_fedex.php and are then redirected back to the orders page for that specific order. The error is in how the redirect is being handled to actually pass along the osCAdminID value.

After I did this the cancels no longer get pushed into a new session by the cart.

This contribution is very slick just needs to be modified to work with as I assume loaded versions of the os-cart. Anyways this mod is just gravy, as all the client has to do is go to fedex to make their labels. My main reason for doing this was to see if there was anyway this would affect the actual shipping address forms. I have a client who wants to be able to require a recipient phone # for fedex labels. Even though fedex themselves and this contribution use the actual senders phone # as the recipients they want this field basically required. I did argue the logic that not everyone knows the other persons phone # and it is not the recipients responsibility for products purchased on the site, it is the purchaser's!! For now I am just going to have them keep our little fix of having them enter the phone number in the optional messages text box. There is no way I am going to make a whole mod to work for a client for a feature that fedex themselves should not include!

Will keep u updated when I find exactly y the redirect is not working as intended with loaded6.15.

I have a client who wants to be able to require a recipient phone # for fedex labels. Even though fedex themselves and this contribution use the actual senders phone # as the recipients they want this field basically required. I did argue the logic that not everyone knows the other persons phone # and it is not the recipients responsibility for products purchased on the site, it is the purchaser's!! For now I am just going to have them keep our little fix of having them enter the phone number in the optional messages text box. There is no way I am going to make a whole mod to work for a client for a feature that fedex themselves should not include!

Have you looked at this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1868

Edited by djmonkey1

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hey everyone, I don't understand this error, can some one help me. When I go to check out after I have paid for products, (checkout_process.php page) I get the following error message:

0BOOYA

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php:97) in /var/www/html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 28

I have done some research behind this, and someone mentioned that it might be because I have spaces before the ?>, but this is not the case here. Can someone recommend a solution....

Hey everyone, I don't understand this error, can some one help me. When I go to check out after I have paid for products, (checkout_process.php page) I get the following error message:

0BOOYA

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_tax.php:97) in /var/www/html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 28

I have done some research behind this, and someone mentioned that it might be because I have spaces before the ?>, but this is not the case here. Can someone recommend a solution....

Actually it's usually empty space after the final closing ?>.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I've almost got this thing working.... I am getting this error but dont have a clue how to address it. Wgat have I missed?

after submitting a shipment...

1054 - Unknown column 'hal_state' in 'field list'

insert into shipping_manifest (delivery_id, orders_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_address_1, delivery_address_2, delivery_city, delivery_state, delivery_postcode, delivery_phone, package_weight, package_value, oversized, pickup_date, saturday_delivery, hold_at_location, hal_address, hal_city, hal_state, hal_postcode, hal_phone, dim_height, dim_width, dim_length, shipping_type, residential, autopod, cod, multiple, tracking_num) values (

-Dave

anybody? ideas?

I would greatly appreciate it! I installed the latest version of this contrib.

ship_fedex.php

Warning: fopen(DIR_WS_FEDEX_LABELS343828910000260.png): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/fedexdc.php on line 251

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/fedexdc.php on line 252

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/fedexdc.php:251) in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Thank you!

I know yeah yeah yeahs fix worked for you but I had the same problem when I upgraded to a newer server and newer version of PHP and the first fix did not work.

To fix it I had to change line 310 from a relative reference to an absolute reference like his second fix suggested.

To fix the error I changed line 310 to:

$fp = fopen(DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'images/fedex/post.txt', 'w');

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I have fedex rates module in production with valid account and meter id. Works fine.

This auto fedex labels module is still not working, following message:

This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 8024 : Invalid account or meter number

The module is in test, and I have already asked fedex api to activate the test server.

Is this due to them or this module? The account number is correct, is this something to do with the meter id, did it need to be changed?

I have fedex rates module in production with valid account and meter id. Works fine.

This auto fedex labels module is still not working, following message:

The module is in test, and I have already asked fedex api to activate the test server.

Is this due to them or this module? The account number is correct, is this something to do with the meter id, did it need to be changed?

You need to be added to the test server first. You will get invalid account/meter id error until then. (If I remember correctly.) You should get an email from them with the subject line similar to: "Web Integrated Solutions Initial Certification Request", all the instructions are included in this email on what to do from there.

Chris B.

Has anyone been able to get this to work with a zebra thermal printer. I read earlier in the thread that it was simply a change of 2 lines in the code but I never heard if that worked for anyone. I have a pretty heavily modded ms2 shop I have been working on with my business partner and before we got into this one we wanted to make sure someone has gotten it to work.

Thanks,

Josh

Hey guys,

I just installed the package and I'm having some problems. I'm probably overlooking this, but when I click ship under customer orders, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /homepages/21/d121619665/htdocs/development/newsite/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /homepages/21/d121619665/htdocs/development/newsite/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I've looked around for multiple inclusions, but I can't seem to find the right one.

Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks

Michael D

OK, so I have the Fedex Realtime Quotes installed. It functions beautifully and I have been using it for months.

I just installed this hack (Automated Labels) and I have tested it with no ill outcome. (fedexc files still set to test mode.)

So my question is... Do I really need to call Fedex and have them do anything or can I just use this (after changing to production of course.)

I emailed Fedex and all they did was link me to a pdf file that talks about the development (which obviously I do not have to do because some awesome people already did!)

So has everyone called them, do I need to call them, and if I do, exactly what should I tell them?

Thanks to all who have made this contribution! :thumbsup:

OK, so I have the Fedex Realtime Quotes installed. It functions beautifully and I have been using it for months.

I just installed this hack (Automated Labels) and I have tested it with no ill outcome. (fedexc files still set to test mode.)

So my question is... Do I really need to call Fedex and have them do anything or can I just use this (after changing to production of course.)

I emailed Fedex and all they did was link me to a pdf file that talks about the development (which obviously I do not have to do because some awesome people already did!)

So has everyone called them, do I need to call them, and if I do, exactly what should I tell them?

Thanks to all who have made this contribution! :thumbsup:

Yes you must call them the production server is different and requires approval.

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I have FedEx Real Time Quotes installed and was working, I rely on Individual shipping prices moduel for each item since I have a complex array of distributor locations.

My question is: Can I have FedEx Real Time Quotes running but not have the shipping show up in the "checkout shipping page" I would like to use Fedex Labels contrib in the admin for the inhouse stocked items, rather than use Fedex's web shipping manager.

Thanks,

Jimmy

www.DVBHardware.com

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Hey guys,

I just installed the package and I'm having some problems. I'm probably overlooking this, but when I click ship under customer orders, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /homepages/21/d121619665/htdocs/development/newsite/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /homepages/21/d121619665/htdocs/development/newsite/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I've looked around for multiple inclusions, but I can't seem to find the right one.

Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks

Michael D

I just installed this myself and am battling with the same identical issue. I am on my 3rd check of the install linstructions. I have a few other mods, that may have stepped on this one, or vice versa.

I just installed this myself and am battling with the same identical issue. I am on my 3rd check of the install linstructions. I have a few other mods, that may have stepped on this one, or vice versa.

I found it..... There are several modules called "Ship_Fedex" in the various folders. Each one is unique. Make sure each Ship_Fedex is matched to the server folder. I had one of the modules from a different folder copied into the wrong place.

Doing a full search on the Forum, for the error gave me the hint.

This should actually be fixed, as having the same named module doing different functions in different folders is very confusing.

If I get some time, I will make an attempt to correct it, but at least this serves as a warning.

Unfortunately my old prgrammer instincts kicked in, and figured the same name was the same functionality, so I just copied the top one into each of the folders that needed "Ship_Fedex"

Yes, I know shame on me, but....... unique names is what I grew up with :>))

OK!!!! I have everything working and have modified the pop/up/pull downs to match my personal defaults. This is a huge lifesaver.

Thanks for making that really easy to do.

My next goal is to setup an array for the package dimensions. I ship using 3 box sizes and like the Fedex site I can just use that list to select the shipping box dimensions. Has anyone done this already, or have ideas on a simple method before I get into creating arrays?

Thought I would check before I start working on it.

Thanks

Has anyone been able to get this to work with a zebra thermal printer. I read earlier in the thread that it was simply a change of 2 lines in the code but I never heard if that worked for anyone. I have a pretty heavily modded ms2 shop I have been working on with my business partner and before we got into this one we wanted to make sure someone has gotten it to work.

Thanks,

Josh

Josh,

Nope, unfortunately I have not been able to get this to work on a Zebra printer. We are using:

label type = 2 (2 is standard)

printer type = 4 (zebra zpl)

label media = 6 (4x6 ? thermal label)

The output in the directory where the .png was being output is a .txt file called post.txt. FedEx says the .txt output looks correct, but they don't know why it does not print.

Does anyone print to Zebra printer using this contrib?

Thanks,

EricK

EricK,

I just contacted FedEx to be added to the test server. I reveived an email that said I need to submit a "subscribe transaction." Did you do this and if so how? I have yet to even see a label since I am not yet on the test server.

Back to the Zebra...There has got to be a way. I can't believe that eyeryone using this mod prints to plain paper.

Thanks for your help,

Josh

Josh,

I'm not sure if "subscribe transaction" refers to obtaining the initial FedEx meter id, as that gets assigned automatically the first time you run the FedEx Labels contribution.

It really surprises me that 1.) Fedex has no php/mysql solution, and 2.) how difficult it has been working with FedEx on this. If a client has no preference, I currently recomend UPS because UPS Worldship will interface directly with mySQL via odbc to automatically populate the shipping labels.

Please let me know if you have success with the Zebra printer, and I'll do the same.

Thanks,

EricK