• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1209 : Selected Service requires Dim length, width, and height.

thanks for a great contibution.

We use fedex freight service and was wonder how I can pass the information above. Dim length, width, and height

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks\

Brad

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone figured out a way to get this module to work with the Zebra thermal printers that Fedex uses with their Windows Software?

I have tried everything I could think of and still cant get thi thing working right yet :(

Anyone??

For what it's worth, I have the same problem. No reason for it on my end so I'm assuming FedEx is having problems. It started around the same time yours did. I don't know of a solution other than disabling FedEx and enabling UPS (for now?).

I know this is more of a Fedex1.php problem, but you guys here are so good at this stuff and this is related to automated labels.

I am now receiving this error as of Thur/Friday last week: "No response to CURL from Fedex server, check CURL availability, or maybe timeout was set too low, or maybe the Fedex site is down"

I have changed absolutely nothing on my website in months. My hosting company claims to have changed nothing on my server in weeks with no updates, no modifications, nothing.

So why all of a sudden am I getting this error?

I tried deleting the meter ID and getting a new one by setting Meter ID to "NONE" but it never retrieves a new number from Fedex. For some reason the module is not communicating properly with Fedex.

In debug mode all I get is this: Data sent to Fedex for Meter: 0,"211"10,"258793846"4003,"cmorgan"4007,"Vintage Game Store.com"4008,"asf"4009,"sdf"4011,"asf"4012,"CA"4013,"93313"4014,"US"4015,"3333333333"99,""

Data returned from Fedex for Meter:

Nothing else! What happened??? Please help!!

Hi all,

I am desperate to get Saturday Delivery working. I, however, am no coding guru (way, way far from it)! I am wondering if any of you has been able to get this aspect working, and if you would share with me (others).

Please help! :(

Chris B.

Great contribution... Thanks.

However, I'm when I click track shipment from the admin orders panel, I get the following errors:

Warning: fopen(../images/fedex/post.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/vision/public_html/shoppingcart/admin/includes/fedexdc.php on line 309

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/vision/public_html/shoppingcart/admin/includes/fedexdc.php on line 310

Please note that these are warnings, for Permission denied, not the errors that are discussed in the beginning of the thread. I have looked throughout the thread, and don't see anything on this. I did notice, tho, that I do not have a post.txt file in my images/fedex directory, only png files... does this help? Please advise.

are you using CRE Loaded?

It was my stupid error... I changed the permissions on the directory, but didn't actually change the post.txt (which I later found in the catalog/images/fedex directory). Now, no error... I spent hours trying to figure that out before I posted a plea for help, and as soon as I did, it seems that something in my head clicked. Sorry to have bothered you with my question.

I really do like this mod, tho.

Hi all! I got this installed and working with not much (if any) problem.

My question is ... Is there an easy way to run the test scripts to create the labels? I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to manually enter an order for EVERY combination, that could take me an entire day!

Has someone created a "script" or sq data or anything to do this automatically? If not, how hard would that be to put together? Even a script that would add all the orders to the database so you could just click ship on each of them without having to manually do orders. EVEN if there were fields in the shipping page when you could manually create a label, that would be cool too.

Let me know if there is an easy solution and/or if anyone has any ideas.

Also, would whoever wrote this please contact me, I have a question about some possible work relating to this mod, I may need something similar written for another application.

Thanks!!

Craig

Zebra, Piping, Thermal, Printer, Text

HTMLguru2 et al.

I've tried piping in a zillion different ways. The printer either does nothing, or prints out the text that is sent to me (as a .png) file.

Can somebody explain how to take the text file and make it print an actual label on the thermal printer?

Thanks!

Has anyone figured out how to do Saturday delivery and/or box sizes?

I REALLY need Saturday delivery more than anything, box size would be nice too.

Let me know!

Craig

Craig,

I'm waiting to hear back from FedEx on the the labels I sent. I just want to make sure they are correct...I don't want to post code that won't work. Once I do, I will post code for Saturday delivery, box dimensions, and Hold At Fedex Location. (You may have noticed my desperate pleas for help on Saturday delivery earlier. However, I did finally figure it out, as well as a few others!)

Will let you know as soon as I do.

Chris B.

Hello everybody,

I'm getting the following error message when submitting my shipping details to Fedex:

ERROR: cURL ERROR: 28: SSL connection timeout

unable to process ship_express

What is the problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Irina.

This is a great contribution, and I have it working with no problem on my production site. However, I'm in the process of changing the to CRE Loaded. Is there any magic to getting this contribution to work with CRE Loaded? This contribution is very important to my cart. I will not move to CRE Loaded if I can't get this to work with it. Any help? Advice? Pointers?

Thanks,

I have CRELoaded and there was no problem getting it to work. In the instructions there were a few things that I had to change to adapt it to CRE but not much and for the most part its easy to figure out.

I did change the way user tracking works though. I have another contribution that shows tracking for all 3 carriers and I added another spot in the order page for the tracking number that is created by this contrib and will sooner or later have it show up in a non editable box in the admin too ... I dont remember the name of that contrib but you should be able to find it .. One thing at a time though I guess, get this working first. : )

Craig

I have CRELoaded and there was no problem getting it to work. In the instructions there were a few things that I had to change to adapt it to CRE but not much and for the most part its easy to figure out.

I did change the way user tracking works though. I have another contribution that shows tracking for all 3 carriers and I added another spot in the order page for the tracking number that is created by this contrib and will sooner or later have it show up in a non editable box in the admin too ... I dont remember the name of that contrib but you should be able to find it .. One thing at a time though I guess, get this working first. : )

Craig

Ok... glad that someone is actually listening... so, here is where I am. Like I said, I got it working on my original site. And I see that it is the Tracking stuff that will require some additional thinking.

When I click on the ship button from Admin/Orders, I get an Access Denied error message, I seem to remember that when I set up the original site, the instructions were incomplete as to permissions, but the error message I get from the NON-CRE version are much more descriptive, so I was able to identify the problem. CRE's "Access Denied" message is not very helpful at all.

I'm getting it when I press ship, which is going to Admin/ship_fedex.php, but I can't see for the life of me what I'm missing. Any ideas?

Hello everybody,

I'm getting the following error message when submitting my shipping details to Fedex:

Thanks,

Irina.

Does anyboby have any ideas on how can I fix my cURL ERROR?

Thanks,

Irina.

Question: Everything with regular shipping seems to be working fine now, and I don't know if this caused mod the problem, or if it possibly existed before with the base install. But I cannot ship multiple packages 2 Day Air, I get this error message:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1219 : Invalid package count or package sequence

exceeds package count.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes.

Has this problem ever been fixed?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Update! I have added to the contribution area a new "ship_fedex.php" file. In this file I have added Saturday Delivery, Package Dimensions, Hold At Location, Ground Shipping, Ground Shipping Auto Proof of Delivery.

I was approved by FedEx, so it should work just fine.

Enjoy!

Chris B.

Does anyone know of a way to set up a cron job or something so that when the package is delivered, it can check and set the status to delivered so that I do not have to do it manually. Please advise as I think this would be a really great feature.

Should already do this in the contrib. Find this line:

// ...mark the order record "delivered"...

Make sure that your status is changed to 3. Just underneath the line should read:

$update_status = array ('orders_status' => 3);

You will also notice that just under that it will automatically email the person if you have email notification turned on.

HTH,

Chris B.

Edited by CAnneB2

Hello everybody,

Thanks,

Irina.

Can anybody please help me with my problem? I haven't seen anybody had this exact problem before. May be I missed something.

Thanks in advance,

Irina.