I tried it..but it wasn't complete..you need to replace

?	$total_weight = $total_weight . '.0';

with

?	$total_weight = sprintf("%01.1f", $total_weight);

and replace all

? ? ?$package_weight = $package_weight . '.0';

with

? ? ?$package_weight = sprintf("%01.1f", $package_weight);

This is because FedEx requires all numbers to be submitted with 1 decimal place.

Hmm...this change should save $$$. :)

Followed this suggestion, for a couple of days it worked then all of a sudden no matter what it is rounding up to the nearest pound again.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice, I will choose a purpose clear, I will choose Free Will. --Neal Peart - Rush

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed this suggestion,  for a couple of days it worked then all of a sudden no matter what it is rounding up to the nearest pound again.

Here is the funny part, it will only round up the express packages. So I will have to assume that fed ex is doing that.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice, I will choose a purpose clear, I will choose Free Will. --Neal Peart - Rush

CDI-BUY and others who wanted the sign on delivery options created with the labels:

Simply add those changes I've posted a couple of posts above. All seems to go well as since my last post we've had 44 packages successfully accepted and shipped through FedEx :)

That new addition gives you the option to select those 4 types of signature options:

0 = no signature required (select for none)

2 = Can be signed by anyone

3 = Can ONLY be signed by the recipient (on the label)

4 = Requires adult signature.

These options (if you follow those installation instructions) will give you a drop down box etc with the specified signature code on the printed label.

Don't use it blindly, as there is a small surcharge ($0.90 for us, might be more or less for you) per signature option (except 0). These rates can be negotiated with your Fedex sales person if need be.

Perfect for eBay or wherever sigs are required for the different options.

All is well now plus that little addition. If anyone cares to package it in the next release, feel free to do so.

I hope that helps anyone.

Over and out.

Question: Everything with regular shipping seems to be working fine now, and I don't know if this caused mod the problem, or if it possibly existed before with the base install. But I cannot ship multiple packages 2 Day Air, I get this error message:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1219 : Invalid package count or package sequence

exceeds package count.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Question: Everything with regular shipping seems to be working fine now, and I don't know if this caused mod the problem, or if it possibly existed before with the base install. But I cannot ship multiple packages 2 Day Air, I get this error message:

exceeds package count.

Good catch - I guess we've never had to ship multiples using 2day/etc. It also seems that this problem existed before the signature mod.

I'll try to figure out what's going on with it tonight and report back with a solution/fix if any.

Question for spoot/michael and others:

According to the FedEx Tag. Transaction listings, the 440 field is not applicable to home deliveries and may even cost the shippers more. But in the ship_fedex.php code there's this specific set:

// if it's home delivery (90), add the "residential delivery flag" (440)
               if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['service_type'] == 90) {
                       $shipData[440] = 'Y';
                       }
               else {
                       $shipData[440] = 'N';
                       }

Was there a specific reason for adding this?

From FedEx: "Y if shipment is Residential Delivery. If Recipient Address is in a rural area (defined by table lookup), additional charge will be applied. This field is not applicable to the FedEx Home Delivery service."

The Tagtransguide for others to peak at is listed here:

http://fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/pdf/TagT...uide.pdf?link=4

I'm just asking because if it does not apply to home deliveries, and if it costs us extra to use it, why use it? I'm probably missing something here but any help/insight would be appreiciated.

Question for spoot/michael and others:

According to the FedEx Tag. Transaction listings, the 440 field is not applicable to home deliveries and may even cost the shippers more. But in the ship_fedex.php code there's this specific set:

// if it's home delivery (90), add the "residential delivery flag" (440)
               if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['service_type'] == 90) {
                       $shipData[440] = 'Y';
                       }
               else {
                       $shipData[440] = 'N';
                       }

Was there a specific reason for adding this?

From FedEx: "Y if shipment is Residential Delivery. If Recipient Address is in a rural area (defined by table lookup), additional charge will be applied. This field is not applicable to the FedEx Home Delivery service."

The Tagtransguide for others to peak at is listed here:

http://fedex.com/us/solutions/wis/pdf/TagT...uide.pdf?link=4

I'm just asking because if it does not apply to home deliveries, and if it costs us extra to use it, why use it?  I'm probably missing something here but any help/insight would be appreiciated.

I think that's in there because I misunderstood the purpose of the residential delivery flag!

So "home delivery" is different than "residential delivery?" I am confused. But that needs to be fixed - those lines could probably just be commented out. I hope this hasn't cost too much $$...

I think that's in there because I misunderstood the purpose of the residential delivery flag!

So "home delivery" is different than "residential delivery?" I am confused. But that needs to be fixed - those lines could probably just be commented out. I hope this hasn't cost too much $$...

Actually, from what I understand, I believe our understanding is quite opposite the intended logic.

FedEx logic is:

If you ship via Ground, and its a residential address, they will bill a residential surcharge to you subsequently ($2). (if residential flag is not tagged)

If you ship via Home, the residential surcharge is already factored in the price.

The above is directly a result of their GUI which has a 'residential address' field to determine whether it's Ground or Home service. This is quite opposite our shipping way, which is to determine Ground or Home first.

So I believe Spoot's original code is correct. If we select Home service, the residential flag should be tagged.

- The Jackal

Thanks for the input. The part that threw me off was their last statement: "This field is not applicable to the FedEx Home Delivery service."

Just a question now: According to FedEx, there's no need to set Home D's to "Y" because the surcharge will already be factored in. And IF we ship with ground (92) which was delivered to a residential address which should have been 90 they'll simply charge the shipper extra automatically. Where I'm trying to get at is this: since it's all done automagically is there really a need for that code bit?

Thanks AirGrinder! I have added and tested your changes. Works perfectly. I have posted your changes together with the broken image patch as v1.08.

Thanks again!

Note: For everyone using the new signature options, please note that there is additional charges for the various options. They are not free!

- The Jackal

According to FedEx, there's no need to set Home D's to "Y" because the surcharge will already be factored in. And IF we ship with ground (92) which was delivered to a residential address which should have been 90 they'll simply charge the shipper extra automatically.  Where I'm trying to get at is this: since it's all done automagically is there really a need for that code bit?

I know! But in reality..if it is residential and you shipped 'home', it will be cheaper than if you had shipped 'ground' + 'automatic surcharges'. FedEx sort of penalises you for choosing the wrong option. (luckily its not very much though)

- The Jackal

Thanks for the broken image fix!! I still have two concerns regarding other stuff.

#1 I want to change my default delivery type to "Drop Off At BSC". I change that in the Fedex Control panel by setting that value to 4, but when I go to print the label, it has "Regular Pickup" as the default and I have to manually change that for each label. How do I change the default when the control panel setting makes no difference/doesn't seem to work?

#2 How do I set the default shipping date to tomorrow's date instead of today's date, so I don't have to manually type in tomorrow's date every time?

Thanks for all the help everyone does with this mod! I love it!!

Charlie

Thanks for the broken image fix!!  I still have two concerns regarding other stuff.

#1  I want to change my default delivery type to "Drop Off At BSC".  I change that in the Fedex Control panel by setting that value to 4, but when I go to print the label, it has "Regular Pickup" as the default and I have to manually change that for each label.  How do I change the default when the control panel setting makes no difference/doesn't seem to work?

#2  How do I set the default shipping date to tomorrow's date instead of today's date, so I don't have to manually type in tomorrow's date every time?

Thanks for all the help everyone does with this mod!  I love it!!

Charlie

#1 Remember, you are trying to modify another contributions settings; The Fedex rates admin side does not affect the FedEx labels contribution. If you do not intend on using the other dropoff/pickup options simply uncomment the ones you do not need in the ship_fedex.php file (around line 549 in the dropoff array) or you can always hardcode "dropoff_type = 4"

#2 Simplest way:

change

$default_pickup_date = date('m-d-Y',strtotime('today'));

to

$default_pickup_date = date('m-d-Y',strtotime('tomorrow'));

Edited by AirGrinder

Thanks so much for the timely update. Great job. :)

I just upgraded from v1.03 to v1.07 and then today's v1.08. It went smoothly except for one thing -- the Number of packages. Somehow it adds quantities of all items in the order and use that number as Number of packages. Obviously it's not correct. I've tried to manually change the code to "1" for the number of packages. But in the long run, I like to find a better solution to this so that I don't have to change the code with every upgrade.

Another question I have is the value of package. I see now there are Optional fields and I only use one of them. Is there any easy way to change one of the optional fields to the declared value of the package? The default could be the actual total of the order. But in some cases, it's good to have the option to change it easily. For my case, my total is always around $100. For the ones a little bit over $100, I only want to declare $100 so that I don't have to pay for the additional insurance.

Thanks.

Wendy

...it adds quantities of all items in the order and use that number as Number of packages.  Obviously it's not correct...

Well...it depends on the store I guess. For me if there are x items, I am likely to ship in multiple x packages. Maybe because the items on the store are all quite big. :)

Find this

<tr>
<td class="main" align="right">Number of Packages:</td>
<td class="main"> </td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('package_num',$order_qty,'size="2"'); ?></td>
</tr>

and replace with

<tr>
<td class="main" align="right">Number of Packages:</td>
<td class="main"> </td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('package_num','1','size="2"'); ?></td>
</tr>

As for your optional field question, I am not sure what you meant...you want to put the declared value in the optional field e.g. Ref Number or do you want to change the declared value of the FedEx trans itself?

- The Jackal

TheJackal,

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Well...it depends on the store I guess.  For me if there are x items, I am likely to ship in multiple x packages.  Maybe because the items on the store are all quite big. :)

In my case, there are usually multiple items in one order and we normally ship them together in one package.

As for your optional field question, I am not sure what you meant...you want to put the declared value in the optional field e.g. Ref Number or do you want to change the declared value of the FedEx trans itself?

I meant to show the declared value in the optional field and also pass it to Fedex. For example, the total value for an order is $102. I like to see this in the optional fields with default of $102. If I want to, I can change it to another value, say $100 and I also like $100 to be passed to Fedex site. I guess it's like the weight. The default is the total weight calculated from the order. But you can also change it to a new weight. The new weight will be sent to Fedex.

Thanks a lot.

Wendy

Actually the credit goes to me (Jim Mintz) for the image fix:

Note: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2244

In fedexdc.php

Comment this line to look like this.

//if (empty($match[1])) continue;

yeahyeahyeah, please give credit where it is due, some people do read these forums. Be honest about your finds.

I would have done the same for you if you helped me like I did you.

Thanks Jim for the fix.

Just want to make some clarification. YeahYeahYeah did not ever claim it was his contribution. We just atttributed it to him in the light of his anwers to our need. So I feel this could have been a misunderstanding and you should have contacted him directly instead of making open accusations. It doesn't reflect very well on your handling too.

P.S. Please read the site rules for posting to Contributions. Your post is not exactly a 'contribution'.

YeahYeahYeah: I still thank you for the fix. There is no better 'fix' than very timely posts. :)

- The Jackal

Actually the credit goes to me (Jim Mintz) for the image fix:

Note: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2244

In fedexdc.php

Comment this line to look like this.

//if (empty($match[1])) continue;

yeahyeahyeah, please give credit where it is due, some people do read these forums. Be honest about your finds.

I would have done the same for you if you helped me like I did you.

hmm, you didn't care about sharing your find with the board until credit was erroneously given to me. interesting.

Schweet updates folks! I love the sig option now...no reason to visit the FedEx site anymore! *HAPPY DANCE*

BTW...I noticed a mention of a new release for this contribution...besides the Sig and the broken images...is there anything else I need to do to be up to date?

hmm, you didn't care about sharing your find with the board until credit was erroneously given to me.  interesting.

All I have to say is be honest, especially when someone helps you out. Yes, I will stand up for those that ACTUALLY make the code work, not the ones that can jump in a forum and try and make themselves look like they know what they are doing.

Make sure you give credit where credit is due, not to claim something for yourself when you had no ball in the game at all.

If needed, I have all of yeahyeahyeah's emails to prove I was the one that made the contribution fix.

I am all for helping people out, but don't steal someones fix and claim it as yours.

:blink:

exceeds package count.

I've gone through every bit of relevant code and just can't see where the problem is. Running a multiple package shipment in debug mode shows everything in sequence and order. The next step is to have another chat with the fedex dev guys and see if anything's missing.

In the mean time if anyone has more info on this (or a fix), please do share :)

I've gone through every bit of relevant code and just can't see where the problem is. Running a multiple package shipment in debug mode shows everything in sequence and order. The next step is to have another chat with the fedex dev guys and see if anything's missing.

In the mean time if anyone has more info on this (or a fix), please do share :)

One more other thing I noticed, since the fix fir the images I seem to be getting this error fairly frequently:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error FFF0 : FedEx Ground Parameter Validation System Failure

Once it was the ground address was too long, another the phone # has extra characters, but it is so vague the others I had to give up on. It seems like before we got specific error messages not just this vague one. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

This transaction could not be completed. Please note the error message below.

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 4060 : Invalid weight for selected service

Any ideas? It does it all the time if quantity is more than 1