osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automated FedEx Labels

spoot

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever figure out how to add the dry ice field? It is something I need to be able to do as well.

When I requested transfer to the production server I got email with scripts.

I use only Ground, Saver, Reg. 2nd day and reg. overnight, so what I did:

Ordered an item, wrote address from test script, and ordered an item with cash on delivery module and submitted as my own package with weight mentioned in test script. I did one label for each Saver, Reg. 2nd day and reg. overnight. I also printed just one test label for ground- they require 2nd field for address, but I've skipped it just wrote street# and apt# in one line.

Also I wrote a letter and mentioned that I will not send any liquids or packages which require special notes- just regular packages with my own wrapping.

So I've mailed all printed labels and got response that I?ve passed on Saver, Reg. 2nd day and reg. overnight but I need to run the ground test script five more time and send them five generated labels. So I did it and got approval from FedEx.

Now I have to fax 5 real shipping labels (from prod. server) to FedEx - I don?t know why - they just asked for it :)

So, basically they need one label of each: Saver, Reg. 2nd day and reg. overnight and 6 labels for Ground.

PS - now what I heard Its much harder to get approval, FedEx invented some new rules about registration and I got right in the middle of this process, but, thanks god, I got through without any problems.

PSS - I don?t know if it will be a useful information for anyone, hope it will ;-)

Hi Everyone-

I got a call from a Web Integretion rep @ fedex wondering if I was the developer of this module amongst other questions in my quest to be certified for the production server. I explained a little about oscommerce and in particular about this module. The rep seemed rather excited about the project and promised to forward the links to their programmers. I expressed my hope they will consider supporting this and other fedex modules in the future considering that when I call USPS or Authorize.net to setup an account they know what I mean when I say "OSCommerce".

Thought I'd share that....

Thanks.  THis was the resolution to my problem.

The question is, what exactly am I allowing people to see if I disable the cURL?

Your not disabling Curl.

All you are doing is stopping the Peer Verify Request.

It would seem that on some servers, usually a windows box this command hangs the routine and stops the php script from running.

The same issue comes up with alot Mods, link the LinkPoint Processing module, that is the one I disovered this on.

Keep that in mind when ever you find this cUrl error and another thing.

This one I picked up on also, If you get a script with that same or similar cUrl error look for this set of commands

function _sendCurl() {

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $this->fedex_uri);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

If you do not see the:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false); (in an error situation False would be true or 1)

Then Add this line and set to false, if that does not fix it try changing false to a 0

Glad it helped.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice, I will choose a purpose clear, I will choose Free Will. --Neal Peart - Rush

Your not disabling Curl.

All you are doing is stopping the Peer Verify Request.

It would seem that on some servers, usually a windows box this command hangs the routine and stops the php script from running.

The same issue comes up with alot Mods, link the LinkPoint Processing module, that is the one I disovered this on.

Keep that in mind when ever you find this cUrl error and another thing.

This one I picked up on also,  If you get a script with that same or similar cUrl error  look for this set of commands

function _sendCurl() {

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $this->fedex_uri);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

If you do not see the:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);  (in an error situation False would be true  or  1)

Then Add this line and set to false, if that does not fix it  try changing false to a 0

Glad it helped.

This is a huge help. This is a common & strange error, and I've been unwilling to tell anyone to edit fedexdc.php, since I didn't build it and it works well as is, most of the time. I'll add this to the documentation, thank you -

Michael

This is a huge help. This is a common & strange error, and I've been unwilling to tell anyone to edit fedexdc.php, since I didn't build it and it works well as is, most of the time. I'll add this to the documentation, thank you -

Michael

Ok I am asking,

I have made several changes in the files,

I changed the delivery info so that it puts in the customers company if one exists.

I set the default Invoice # to match the OSC order # (still input field and easily changed)

Added the fields to all files that were causing the curl error and set them to false.

Set default order status to processing, instead of shipped, I mark mine as shipped after fed ex picks up in the evening.

Fixed the Abbreviations file for state of Maryland

My catalog has the second address line mod added to it so That is also an option, Added instructions to the install.txt to add the second address line if your using it.

Would you like me to send you a set modified as I have, or would you like me to post them to contribs with these modifications noted.

Let me know. I hope this helps.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice, I will choose a purpose clear, I will choose Free Will. --Neal Peart - Rush

Ok  I am asking,

I changed the delivery info so that it puts in the customers company if one exists.

I set the default Invoice # to match the OSC order # (still input field and easily changed)

Added the fields to all files that were causing the curl error and set them to false.

Set default order status to processing, instead of shipped,  I mark mine as shipped after fed ex picks up in the evening.

My catalog has the second address line mod added to it so That is also an option, Added instructions to the install.txt to add the second address line if your using it.

Would you like me to send you a set modified as I have, or would you like me to post them to contribs with these modifications noted.

Let me know.  I hope this helps.

Oh, nice work. This helps a ton.

There's one change I'd like to make: since the curl error is not consistent across systems, I'd like to comment out the changes & add the error message to the readme & install files.

If you could send your changes to me (michael at wrds dot net), that would be great.

I finally solved the problem I had with Express shipments being posted to the Shipping Manifest.

WE use both Express and Ground, our ground pickup driver requires the written manifest for only ground and home delivery packages.

Express does not, and Express shipments should not appear on the Ground manifest.

So to that end we divised a very simplistic way of removing the Express entries from the manifest as the label is bieng displayed for printing.

Locate the following line in Admin/ship_fedex.php

// ... and display the new label

tep_redirect('fedex_popup.php?num=' . $trackNum . '&oID=' . $order . '&multiple=' . $shipData[1117]);

}

Change it to this:

// ... and display the new label with out manifest entry for express shipments

$ship_type_query = tep_db_query("select shipping_type from " . TABLE_SHIPPING_MANIFEST . " where orders_id = '" . $order . "'");

$ship_type = tep_db_fetch_array($ship_type_query);

if ($service_type < 89) {

$delete_manifest_query = tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_SHIPPING_MANIFEST . " where orders_id = '" . $order . "'");

}

else {

}

tep_redirect('fedex_popup.php?num=' . $trackNum . '&oID=' . $order . '&multiple=' . $shipData[1117]);

}

THats it, It only removes the shipment from the manifest and no place else, it does not affect the storage of tracking number or anything else.

I added this modification to the curl_2nd_address.txt file I am sending to spoot.

Has anyone added a way to choose if you want to insure your package on this. Say I want to insure the package for $500 currrently it does not... Also, has anyone set their fedex labels to return estimated shipping costs?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Has anyone added a way to choose if you want to insure your package on this. Say I want to insure the package for $500 currrently it does not... Also, has anyone set their fedex labels to return estimated shipping costs?

My Fed Ex insight is showing insurance for the invoice amount, which works good for me.

I was also wondering about the estimates on shipping.

My Fed Ex insight is showing insurance for the invoice amount, which works good for me.

I was also wondering about the estimates on shipping.

\

Sorry for the double post. I knew there was something I was forgetting to ask.

When I go in and set my label and printer type for Thermal. Fed Ex returns a blank image to me when I should be getting the lable image for printing.

Any thoughts, I know it is something stupid I am missing.

Usually I print to a Laser and lable type is set to plain paper.

Any thoughts, I know it is something stupid I am missing.

Usually I print to a Laser and lable type is set to plain paper.

No support for thermal labels as of yet, I'm sorry to say. I wish I had a thermal printer around, it'd be easier to figure out.

Michael

When trying to print a shipping label I get this error:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1F30 : Recipient Phone must be 10 digits

It happens when bozo customers put in weird stuff like / or * or other special characters instead of just numbers in the telephone number field.

How do I filter those characters out just like it filters out ( ) and - ???

Where do I find that little piece of code?

Thanks!

When trying to print a shipping label I get this error:

ERROR: FedEx Return Error 1F30 : Recipient Phone must be 10 digits

It happens when bozo customers put in weird stuff like / or * or other special characters instead of just numbers in the telephone number field.

How do I filter those characters out just like it filters out ( ) and - ???

Where do I find that little piece of code?

Thanks!

Look in Admin/Ship_Fedex.php

Find This Line:

// array of characters we don't want in phone numbers

$unwanted = array('(',')','-','.',' ');

This is the array of unwanted characters. Add what ever you need.

Ok  I am asking,

Set default order status to processing, instead of shipped,  I mark mine as shipped after fed ex picks up in the evening.

Let me know.  I hope this helps.

Could you please post these fixes if you haven't already, they could be pretty useful... Thanks!

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

ok this module says it needs a pre-installed module called "vermonster.com's PHP:FedEx Direct Connect module". I have searched and searched at oscommerce.com for this module and cant find it. can someone PLEASE send me the contribution number it needs!!

thanks

ok this module says it needs a pre-installed module called "vermonster.com's PHP:FedEx Direct Connect module". I have searched and searched at oscommerce.com for this module and cant find it. can someone PLEASE send me the contribution number it needs!!

thanks

Just go to vermonster.com they have one there for OScommerce. That is where I got mine and it helped a ton!

-Lary

This'll take a little bit of work, but it's on the list. Probably in the admin section there'll be the option to email or not email the customer.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to do this yet?

Thanks!

Well, I think I got it working by hard coding the cancelData array, and blowing away the fedex_keys array. I probably broke something else in the process, but gorcsos' great logging code suggests to me this works.

$cancelData = array (

0 => '023',

1 => 'delete', // order number, optional

10=>MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_ACCOUNT,

29 => $fedex_tracking,

498=>MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX1_METER,

3025 => $ship_type

);

//  $cancelData = $fedex_keys+$cancelData;

$cancelData = $cancelData;

Has anyone tried this for the cancel shipment option to see if this works? Just curious before I try this.

Has anybody had luck with using this contribution to get a shipping quote (before the customer signs up). Lets say from the shopping_cart.php screen.

We get a number of potential customers frightened off by having to fill out all the info before a quote is generated.

I thought if we could have them fill in their zip code / country and capture the weight of the items you should be able to get a quote from FedEx (or any shipper) before they "sign in".

Any Ideas?

we do have this FedEx contribution installed and working great as well as USPS for international order.

Jeff

Has anybody had luck with using this contribution to get a shipping quote (before the customer signs up). Lets say from the shopping_cart.php screen.

We get a number of potential customers frightened off by having to fill out all the info before a quote is generated.

I thought if we could have them fill in their zip code / country and capture the weight of the items you should be able to get a quote from FedEx (or any shipper) before they "sign in".

Any Ideas?

we do have this FedEx contribution installed and working great as well as USPS for international order.

Jeff

Ship in Cart contribution if you can get it to work for you its an easy install and should do what you are asking I think.