• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help! - Redirecting to the Wrong Page(s) / Folders

kdcomm

How do you change the default links for the categories & "rediret" after someone places an order - my not live site is just getting started-- I've reinstalled OS commerce a couple of times ( I didn't start with a SSl & after updating the configure.php(s) - the login/registration wouldn't work -- Reinstalling fixed that problem..

Anyways -

Now Logging in and Registering are working fine - BUT after an order is placed & confirmation email is sent - the "continue" button redirects to /shop ( a previous folder where the store was for a past installation) not to /catalog ( the current folder of the sotre) -- Now-- configure.php (both in admin/includes and includes/) say /catalog as the home page of the site- SO why are the links set to /shop & how do I change them if not in configure.php???

THanks!!!

Does your links to "Home" work elsewhere? When re-installing did you delete all the old files or just run the install again? I am just trying to get more info to try to help. Craig

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I deleted both prior installs ( one in /catalog and one in /shop) - and completed reuploaded the original files to a new/catalog folder ... My Webpage

You can go to the catalog (above) from the main (index) of the catalog any link for the categories/subcategories works-- once you get off the main page-- they go to a default error page ( if you copy/paste the "shortcut" the link is to url/shop/... instead of to url/catalog/.....)

and if you place an order - it links to /shop... too...

I had the "cache" turned on-- I turned it off & it works ( the links to the categories/subcategories), but now - when I login it redirects me to an error page....

Do you have "Search Engine Friendly URL's" turned on? If so, try turning it off. You are logged in because the calls to the db are good, but the page itself is not. Once you make the entry to log in it stays until you log out or it times out. If no results still, right click on the link and see exactly what page is being called. You can then search through the code and find the call to that particular page and from there figure out why maybe. Have you searched through you configure.php file for any instance of "shop"? Just some rambling thoughts. ;)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

• 3 years later...

For future reference, this is almost certainly a database issue. Delete the old database and create a new one. If you change the name of the DB make sure you change it in the correct file locations in the store also.

Good luck!

K

Archived