• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter Contribution--error, any ideas?

I've added the Newsletter_module_v02 contribution to my site:

http://www.muchdesign.com/leonon

It has correctly added "Newsletter Center" to the left navigtion. After clicking "subscribe" and filling out the form, the following error is returned:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/muchdesi/public_html/leonon/includes/classes/snoopy1.class.php:2104) in /home/muchdesi/public_html/leonon/newsletters_subscribe.php on line 73

I would appreciate any ideas on what might be causing this errror? I have been working on this all day and am about to lose my mind, and I have no idea what this means. Ideas are gratefully appreciated...thanks...

(newsletters_subscribe.php is one of the new files added via this contrib)

I'm receiving this error message also. Did you find any answers for this? I noticed in the admin when I try to click on any of the newsletter functionality it does not allow me to edit any thing or get to any of the pages. I get a forbidden.php page? Can anyone help with this?

Header Whitespace

download the file includes/classes/snoopy1.class.php open it and place your cursor after the last ?> then press delete several times, save the file and upload it.

Do not use the file manager to edit online as this can cause the whitespace.

instead use an ftp program such as ws_ftp to download the file to a local machine and edit then upload using the ftp program

If you require more information then Click

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Ok I got this working. Now after searching and working on this for the past week, I still can't get any admin functionality to work. If I try to click on any of the newsletter links in the admin page or try to send the newsletter I get redirected to a page forbidden.php. What is this?

Ok I got this working. Now after searching and working on this for the past week, I still can't get any admin functionality to work. If I try to click on any of the newsletter links in the admin page or try to send the newsletter I get redirected to a page forbidden.php. What is this?

do you have an admin access with levels contribution installed

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

And that's all you needed to say. I think I may have it. I went to that module, enabled the Newsletter module and stored the files that I needed to have access to. WOW! it worked. Now i'm going to test sending emails. Thanks Allot. I'll let you know how it goes.

Almost there. I tried sending and got the following error messages.

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\unlimited\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\unlimited\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/modules/newsletters/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\unlimited\admin\newsletters_subscribers.php on line 265

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/newsletters/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\unlimited\admin\newsletters_subscribers.php on line 265

Warning: main(includes/modules/newsletters/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\unlimited\admin\newsletters_subscribers.php on line 266

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/newsletters/.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\unlimited\admin\newsletters_subscribers.php on line 266

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: in c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\unlimited\admin\newsletters_subscribers.php on line 270

• 3 weeks later...

Lincoln,

My newsletters were going out ok until I deleted the headers/footers under the "Header/Footer Infos" section, at which point I got the error messages you describe above. I fixed it by going back into "Header/Footer Infos" and adding an item for each newsletter that I had defined in "Newsletter Admin".

Don't ask me what happens with the "Newsletter Default". Seems to go into a black hole. I also don't know what the "Address" section in "Newsletter Default" is supposed to do. If anyone can shed light ..... ?

micro